• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mono Ice FTW

DarumakkaImposter

♂ | ☆ | (UT)
018.gif

Timid Lv. 100
OT: Beans
Black (US)
Big Pecks
252 Atk / 252 SDef / 252 Spe
31/31/31/31/31/31
{Move 1}{Move 2}{Move 3}{Move 4}
Notes: RNG'd

INTRODUCTION

Well... there was a league that needed 1 more gym filled so I set out building a team. I didn't know where to start, so I asked a friend. He just told me Cloyster, Walrein, Magnezone, Abomasnow, Weavile, and Reuniclus. So anyway here's a preview.

TEH PREVIEW

091.png
462.png
460.png
365.png
579.png
461.png

TEAM

091.png

Shell Break (Cloyster) @ White Herb
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 48 HP / 252 Atk / 208 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Shell Smash
- Icicle Spear
- Rock Blast
- Razor Shell

Standard Cloyster set. With a good defensive stat, Cloyster's going to have many chances of setting up. With 1 Shell Smash it's Attack and Speed skyrocket to 578 and 500. Skill Link is it's basic attack, but with Skill Link as it's ability and STAB, it gets boosted to 187 and kills evreything (that doesn't resist it). Specially defensive Ferrothorn will get OHKO'd with Icicle Spear and the standard Ferro set is OHKO'd with a layer of spikes. Rock Blast is also helpful with Skill Link. It takes care of other Ice and Water types. Ice the most because it will completely wall Cloyster. Since Cloyster has a higher Attack stat the Special Attack, Hydro Pump would be a weaker move to use, so Razor Shell goes great with this set.

462.png

Bzzz (Magnezone) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Volt Switch

Not much to say on this one. He can function as a great revenge killer. Thunderbolt is his most powerful move for here and with STAB it's gets boosted. Flash Cannon hits ground types and it can 2HKO scarf Tyranitars. I gave it HP fire to take care of other Steel and Ice types but HP [Ice] would be good to take care of Dragons or Dragons caught in Outrage. Volt Switch allows Magnezone to finish off sweepers and switch to a different Pokemon in my team if I'm in trouble or it would be a better match-up.

460.png

SantasHelper (Abomasnow) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Abilty: Snow Warning
EVs: 16 Atk / 252 SAtk / 240 Spd
Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Grass Knot
- Blizzard
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Earthquake

Now, this guy I like. He's usually my lead to get Hail up but if I see a T-Tar then I will put out Weavile. With Choice Scarf, he's able to outrun max speed Thunderus and Tornadus :)D) and also revenge kill. He can also revenge kill Pokemon like Excadrill, Venusaur, and Shiftry. Blizzard for STAB and it also get perfect accuracy in Hail. It will also do massive damage to Pokemon that don't resist it. Grass Knot gives it better coverage and no recoil like Wood Hammer would. Without the recoil. it gives Abbomasnow more times to switch in. HP [Fire] deals with Scizor and Ferro who resist Abomasnow's STAB moves. Pokemon like Heatran and Magnezone will be dealt with with Earthquake. But, those are commonly holding an Air Balloon so they will have to take a hit from a different move before Earthquake. Magnezone should be a bit easier since I have HP [Fire].

365.png

Stallrein (Walrein) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Ice Body
EVs: 220 HP / 252 Def / 36 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Protect
- Substitute
- Roar / Toxic
- Surf

This set takes advantage of Walrein's Ice Body ability. When paired up with Abomasnow, Walrein can swith from sub, protect, and lefties, Walrein can hopefully withstand 32 turns without loosing any health and whittle the opponent's Pokemon's HP down gradually if Toxic is used. Poisoning my opponent is the main usage of this set. Once I use Toxic I can stall. A Toxic Spikes partner would help but if I could only get 1 layer down (and since I don't have one) stalling would be much longer. I can also Poison Pokemon with Levitate or with a flying type. Roar would be good for phazing things like D-Nite and Gyrados.

579.png

UJellyBra? (Reuniclus) @ Life Orb / Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Focus Blast
- Recover
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock

Pretty much the standard Reuniclus. CM and sweep. With Magic Guard it takes no damage from any weather or recoil. With Recover, I can recover the damage I took when I'm setting up. With CM, I can raise my awesome Special Attack and OK Special Defense to bigger levels. This will make Reuniclus difficult to counter. Psyshock for STAB but also to take care of CM Lati@s. Focus Blast is there for another powerful move from the boost of CM. With Rocks up, it will OHKO a Tyranitar (if T-Tar has taken rocks damage twice). Too bad I don't have someone to set up rocks. Bold nature and max Defense is to be able to take a hit from Gliscor and Ferrothorn. Leftovers would save me from a Sassy T-Tar's Crunch, but LO is mainly to take advantage of Magic Guard.

461.png

Weasel (Weavile) @ Choice Band
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- Low Kick
- Ice Punch / Ice Shard
- Pursuit
- Night Slash

My overall FAVORITE Pokemon. I'm glad he's an Ice type. With STAB Ice Shard and Pursuit in usage, an outraging dragon is not safe. Switching in with Weavile isnt the best thing to do, but done right, it can revenge kill. If Latios out, he might predict an Ice Shard / Ice Punch but hitting them with Pursuit will OHKO it. Wether or not Gengar or Starmie are out, Pursuit will usually OHKO them also. But of couse, rocks/spikes will be needed. Low Kick offers good coverage as well as his Dark type moves. They will be able to OHKO both bulky and heavy targets like Terakion, Tyranitar, and Heatran. Low Kick can also hit Scizor with effective damage.

FINAL LOOK

91.png
462.png
460.png
365.png
579.png
461.png

CONCLUSION

The team you just saw has racked up some wins for me. I am very proud of it and am open to changes for just about anything. :D

Last edited:

Thepain

Time Is Running Out
Having an empty Team Building Process doesnt look good man =P Either remove it or add to it how you went about the movesets to cover your team and to work with the weather etc etc ^^, im a little lazy ATM so I will get back to you on the team later =) GL with it man im glad its working for you ^^

Last edited:

Thepain

Time Is Running Out
I just skimmed over the team real quick, I personally prefer Sub-Zone, I dont think you need volt switch so much due to his poor speed, and if he is in danger or dying... he will be killed before you can use volt switch that turn. Personally I think you should switch Volt Switch for Substitute, and T-Bolt for Charge Beam, the +SPAtk boost makes up for the lost power without T-Bolt, yet powers everything up to insane levels, this also allows you to trap, sub, and set up on OU's most common poke.... Ferrothorn, it works brilliantly and I think you should try it out, if it doesn't work, by all means change it back ^^ just a suggestion =P

Edit: And thanks man ^^

DarumakkaImposter

Yepp, np and would lefties work?

EDIT: But remember, he's going to be switching alot. If Ferro comes out I can use VS and go straight to Abomasnow and maybe Weavile.

cheeselord

Largely Inactive
INTRODUCTION

Well... there was a league that needed 1 more gym filled so I set out building a team. I didn't know where to start, so I asked a friend. He just told me Cloyster, Walrein, Magnezone, Abomasnow, Weavile, and Reuniclus. So anyway here's a preview.

TEH PREVIEW

091.png
462.png
460.png
365.png
579.png
461.png

BUILDING PROCESS

None really. Liek I said my friend told me to use these pokemon. :p

TEAM

091.png

Shell Break (Cloyster) @ White Herb
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 48 HP / 252 Atk / 208 Spd
- Shell Smash
- Icicle Spear
- Rock Blast
- Razor Shell

Standard Cloyster set. With a good defensive stat, Cloyster's going to have many chances of setting up. With 1 Shell Smash it's Attack and Speed skyrocket to 578 and 500. Skill Link is it's basic attack, but with Skill Link as it's ability and STAB, it gets boosted to 187 and kills evreything (that doesn't resist it). Specially defensive Ferrothorn will get OHKO'd with Icicle Spear and the standard Ferro set is OHKO'd with a layer of spikes. Rock Blast is also helpful with Skill Link. It takes care of other Ice and Water types. Ice the most because it will completely wall Cloyster. Since Cloyster has a higher Attack stat the Special Attack, Hydro Pump would be a weaker move to use, so Razor Shell goes great with this set. This set is standard for a reason...

462.png

Bzzz (Magnezone) @ leftovers
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 spd
Timid nature (+spd -atk)
- Thunderbolt/Discharge
- Hidden Power [ice]
- Charge beam
- Substitute

Not much to say on this one. He can function as a great revenge killer. Thunderbolt is his most powerful move for here and with STAB it's gets boosted. Flash Cannon hits ground types and it can 2HKO scarf Tyranitars. I gave it HP fire to take care of other Steel and Ice types but HP [Ice] would be good to take care of Dragons or Dragons caught in Outrage. Volt Switch allows Magnezone to finish off sweepers and switch to a different Pokemon in my team if I'm in trouble or it would be a better match-up. This set works better as instead of just KOing steels, magnezone can st up on them with charge beam and then do sweep with +6 spatk. HP ice is more useful overall than HP fire, thunderbolt is neutral on most steels anyway.

460.png

SantasHelper (Abomasnow) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Abilty: Snow Warning
EVs: 16 Atk / 252 SAtk / 240 Spd
Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Grass Knot/Giga drain
- Blizzard
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Earthquake

Now, this guy I like. He's usually my lead to get Hail up but if I see a T-Tar then I will put out Weavile. With Choice Scarf, he's able to outrun max speed Thunderus and Tornadus :)D) and also revenge kill. He can also revenge kill Pokemon like Excadrill, Venusaur, and Shiftry. Blizzard for STAB and it also get perfect accuracy in Hail. It will also do massive damage to Pokemon that don't resist it. Grass Knot gives it better coverage and no recoil like Wood Hammer would. Without the recoil. it gives Abbomasnow more times to switch in. HP [Fire] deals with Scizor and Ferro who resist Abomasnow's STAB moves. Pokemon like Heatran and Magnezone will be dealt with with Earthquake. But, those are commonly holding an Air Balloon so they will have to take a hit from a different move before Earthquake. Magnezone should be a bit easier since I have HP [Fire]. This guy is a beast! I love him, maybe giga drain over grass knot though for increased staying power.

365.png

Stallrein (Walrein) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Ice Body
EVs: 220 HP / 252 Def / 36 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Protect
- Substitute
- Roar / Toxic
- Surf

This set takes advantage of Walrein's Ice Body ability. When paired up with Abomasnow, Walrein can swith from sub, protect, and lefties, Walrein can hopefully withstand 32 turns without loosing any health and whittle the opponent's Pokemon's HP down gradually if Toxic is used. Poisoning my opponent is the main usage of this set. Once I use Toxic I can stall. A Toxic Spikes partner would help but if I could only get 1 layer down (and since I don't have one) stalling would be much longer. I can also Poison Pokemon with Levitate or with a flying type. Roar would be good for phazing things like D-Nite and Gyrados. I'm nor a fan of stallrein but hey...

579.png

UJellyBra? (Reuniclus) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Focus Blast
- Recover
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock

Pretty much the standard Reuniclus. CM and sweep. With Magic Guard it takes no damage from any weather or recoil. With Recover, I can recover the damage I took when I'm setting up. With CM, I can raise my awesome Special Attack and OK Special Defense to bigger levels. This will make Reuniclus difficult to counter. Psyshock for STAB but also to take care of CM Lati@s. Focus Blast is there for another powerful move from the boost of CM. With Rocks up, it will OHKO a Tyranitar (if T-Tar has taken rocks damage twice). Too bad I don't have someone to set up rocks. Bold nature and max Defense is to be able to take a hit from Gliscor and Ferrothorn. Leftovers would save me from a Sassy T-Tar's Crunch, but LO is mainly to take advantage of Magic Guard. No changes here.

461.png

Weasel (Weavile) @ focus sash
Ability: Pickpocket
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- Fake out
- Ice shard
- Counter
- Night Slash/pursuit/sucker punch/taunt

My overall FAVORITE Pokemon. I'm glad he's an Ice type. With STAB Ice Shard and Pursuit in usage, an outraging dragon is not safe. Switching in with Weavile isnt the best thing to do, but done right, it can revenge kill. If Latios out, he might predict an Ice Shard / Ice Punch but hitting them with Pursuit will OHKO it. Wether or not Gengar or Starmie are out, Pursuit will usually OHKO them also. But of couse, rocks/spikes will be needed. Low Kick offers good coverage as well as his Dark type moves. They will be able to OHKO both bulky and heavy targets like Terakion, Tyranitar, and Heatran. Low Kick can also hit Scizor with effective damage. At the moment you have no real lead... Lead weavile is very good, fake out is great for breaking sashes/illusions, ice shard is a great finisher and it rapes scarf dragons, counter let's weavile get a free KO with the right prediction and the last move is a toss up between four! Night slash is your most powerful dark stab, pursuit catches fleeing pokemon, sucker punch is another finisher and taunt... Taunts stuff...

FINAL LOOK

91.png
462.png
460.png
365.png
579.png
461.png

CONCLUSION

The team you just saw has racked up some wins for me. I am very proud of it and am open to changes for just about anything. :D

Changes in bold =D.

DarumakkaImposter

Sorry abouot that. ^^;; Had to eat dinner. But I'll test some of these sets out and change the OP. :D

EDIT: I've tried the PickTaunt set before. It doesn't work as well as it does on paper. But the Pickpocket Pursuit one does. :D

Last edited:

Aggron459

Aron Is Beast
Hey, I'm no Blue Harvest, but i'm pretty sure Magnezone and Reuniculus are not Ice types. Anyway, this is a good looking team. I dont have any changes to make.

DarumakkaImposter

I know they aren't Ice. The ratio is 3:3 but I have 4:2. I was thinking of changing Walrein to bulky Gyrados or d-nite. I don't think D-nite because hail would ruin his multiscale ability. Also, that was a spammy post. Since I don't like to report people, I won't reprt it this time. ;)

Aggron459

Aron Is Beast
I know they aren't Ice. The ratio is 3:3 but I have 4:2. I was thinking of changing Walrein to bulky Gyrados or d-nite. I don't think D-nite because hail would ruin his multiscale ability. Also, that was a spammy post. Since I don't like to report people, I won't reprt it this time. ;)

Well, excuse me for saying your team looks pretty solid lol. You could try Gyarados, maybe max def, max hp, and a RestTalk set could work with Waterfall and Dragon Tail. I used it in one of my previous teams and it worked out really well. It served as a great tank. Some stone edge's are 2HKO's, if you actually plan on staying in on one, lol.

DarumakkaImposter

XD That's considered spammy. but anyway thanks for the Dos. I'll test it on PO when I get the laptop bac. ;D

EDIT: not the post above this but the first you you gave.

Poke_Cannon

Beck is my boy'
This team looks very weak. A bunch of average pokes going to be facing a lot of strong competition. Look for better movesets and pokemon type combinations to help deal with the countless threats. You even posted yourself saying youre just using 6 pokes a random "friend"told u to use. Think your team out before posting it. Plus thefact that scrafty and physical moves everywhere will wreck your frail sweepers and one-sided defending walls. ill come back when you attempt again. Gl.

Dark Sharpedo

s tier of dopeness
Man, yes I do know this team is a Mono Ice Team, but tbh, it wont work very well when a Moxie Scrafty trots into battle.

With Dragon Dance to Raise its Attack and Speed, it will have a chance to OHKO each one of your Pokes that you have on your team.
After a max of 2 DD's it will outspeed each one of your pokes and will begin the rade, it will also get risen attack whenever your poke goes down, so it can get pratically unbeatable.

DarumakkaImposter

You know, I was very reluctant at using this team at first. I know it says in the rules to use it first and I did and it works out great. I posted here for help. Idk how bad scrafty can get me, I haven't faced one. I have thoughtit out and have made changes. :p Please stop posting here Poke_Cannon. :)

to the guy above me. Please, instead of saying what would counter my team, post what would be a good counter to it. :) Thank you.

Dark Sharpedo

s tier of dopeness
what is this? you can take scrafty with weavile, so idk what these guys are talking about, especially if you use the sash counter set

Bino, If they know it's probably a FS-Counter Set, they will probably right off the bat Ice Punch to prevent the OHKO and activiation of the Focus Sash and so the Counter dosent do much damage to it, then Drain Punch the next turn to take it down. XD

Last edited:

DarumakkaImposter

yes he is. :D But what set then Erik? The one in the

EDIT: im thinking of addind skarmory for spikes (and rocks?) idk if it can sr but i know it can spike and sorta phaze.