• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mono-Type Bug RMT

Serah Farron

The Guardian Reaper
Shuckle @ Leftovers
Contrary - Impish
252 Sp. Def, 176 Def, 80 HP
-Shell Smash
-Power Split (NOT Power Trick)
-Toxic
-Rest

Best Shuckle set I know. Of course it can't harm Steel or Poison types, but...

i understand this is a standard Shuckle move set, but i have something else in min, though thank you

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
i understand this is a standard Shuckle move set, but i have something else in min, though thank you

Ah, standard? No, the standard set is a utility set, that's a set I designed myself. Nevertheless, clearly you have a set you like. :)

(Just saying, if it's the Power Trick set, it's terrible)

NoteLobo

Banned
Sorry about the shouting earlier. I just get rather annoyed when people ignore good recommendations and act like they were never said. It has nothing to do with my thread =) I'm doing quite well.

But you really really do need to try Armoldo. It is bug/rock, and it gives you spinning capabilities without going ahead and giving you more of a fire weakness like adding Forretress would. It gives you a few more good resists to work with and overall helps your team tremendously.

Serah Farron

The Guardian Reaper
Sorry about the shouting earlier. I just get rather annoyed when people ignore good recommendations and act like they were never said. It has nothing to do with my thread =) I'm doing quite well.

But you really really do need to try Armoldo. It is bug/rock, and it gives you spinning capabilities without going ahead and giving you more of a fire weakness like adding Forretress would. It gives you a few more good resists to work with and overall helps your team tremendously.

Armaldo does seem very well so i may as well train one and see how it works, i should have an update to this team in a few days once i get my scizor back and fix some other pokes up. and thanks agian for the input

Atrocious

Shuckle @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 200 SpD / 56 Def
Nature: Impish (+Def, -SpA)
Ability: Sturdy
- Acupressure
- Rest
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide

I like to troll with this set when I get extremely bored. Use when no phasers or last pn on team ;)

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
Shuckle @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 200 SpD / 56 Def
Nature: Impish (+Def, -SpA)
Ability: Sturdy
- Acupressure
- Rest
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide

I like to troll with this set when I get extremely bored. Use when no phasers or last pn on team ;)

Even at like +4, Banded Scizor still has a higher Attack than Shuckle. No, with a base 15 Attack, there will always be a better option.

Not to mention, doesn't he get Curse?

loco1234

BEEDOOBEEDOOBEEDOO
Even at like +4, Banded Scizor still has a higher Attack than Shuckle. No, with a base 15 Attack, there will always be a better option.

Truetrue. A shame, I've always loved Shuckle. The defenses on that set after some Acupressures could potentially be obscene though.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
Truetrue. A shame, I've always loved Shuckle. The defenses on that set after some Acupressures could potentially be obscene though.

Contrary Shell Smash boosts your defences to insane heights too, but at the cost of actually lowering your Attack. On the other hand, you don't get any useless Sp. Atk, Attack, or Speed boosts.

loco1234

BEEDOOBEEDOOBEEDOO
This be true as well. But it seems like Contrary SS would be more useful on a stall Shuckle than this kind of trolly one xD

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
This be true as well. But it seems like Contrary SS would be more useful on a stall Shuckle than this kind of trolly one xD
Haha. xD

The ultimate troll Shuckle is the Power Trick set. 9 out of 10 times it dies right away, but when it actually manages to fire off a move, it murders something.

Anyways, we're getting way off topic, so I figured I'd post the typical Banded Scizor set to stop Rag- I mean a random mod from infracting me.

Scizor @ Choice Band
Adamant - Technician
248 HP, 252 Attack, 8 Sp. Def
-Bullet Punch
-U-Turn
-Superpower
-Pursuit

Atrocious

Shucke hits a "respectable" attack of around 300ish at +6 (had to laugh a bit). Although once it has evasion boosts + def/SpD boosts, good luck killing it haha. The main reason you'll use Acupressure is for the evasion boosts, SpD/Def boosts and maybe accuracy if you opt for Stone Edge over Rock Slide but it's gimmicky at best lol.

Serah Farron

The Guardian Reaper
all the shuckle sets seem good extents but ill take them into account as i make him, thanks again for all the comments

redpanda15

Ready to go
I'd try out Pokemon Online. It's an online battle simulator where you can create the Pokemon you want with the right sets and everything. There is no training that takes 3 days only to find out you don't like the Pokemon you chose. In 10 minutes, you could decide which potential teammates you are keeping or dropping rather than 1-2 weeks.

Ilan

i read your comment and took what i needed i will probably put my Scizor back in there for Beautifly.
and as stated above i will not use Genosect as he will mostly be banned from tourny play plus i consider him a legend of sorts, and i dont use them. Also no need to yell and get mad because no one looked at your thread, I understand you are trying to help. Thank you for your comments

I hate when people that claim this. I am not gonna explain why it is wrong explained it like 10000 times so.. it is a wrong idea.. a legendary status is just a legendary status no real difference between them and normal pokemons..

no, just replace all of the bug/flyings te only 2 decent bug/flying typ[es are ninjask and yanmega all the rest just suck specially in OU..

Serah Farron

The Guardian Reaper
I'd try out Pokemon Online. It's an online battle simulator where you can create the Pokemon you want with the right sets and everything. There is no training that takes 3 days only to find out you don't like the Pokemon you chose. In 10 minutes, you could decide which potential teammates you are keeping or dropping rather than 1-2 weeks.

I get what you mean, but i dont like using simulators as that is what they are, simulations. Plus with me trainging it mean s i at least have them in my Dex and i dont mind breeding for them as i like breeding the best pokemon possible. Though when choosing a pokemon i do write down notes of how i want it to be and how it can help, but thanks for the input.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
I get what you mean, but i dont like using simulators as that is what they are, simulations. Plus with me trainging it mean s i at least have them in my Dex and i dont mind breeding for them as i like breeding the best pokemon possible. Though when choosing a pokemon i do write down notes of how i want it to be and how it can help, but thanks for the input.

Simulators use the same mechanics and formulas as the real games, so it's not like it's any different. Pokemon Showdown even has some animations to enhance battling experience. Plus, you can make a team that would normally take a week or more to make in mere minutes.

Serah Farron

The Guardian Reaper
Simulators use the same mechanics and formulas as the real games, so it's not like it's any different. Pokemon Showdown even has some animations to enhance battling experience. Plus, you can make a team that would normally take a week or more to make in mere minutes.

i unerstand that but again i like that actual labor it takes to make a pokemon, and not just punch in a few numbers and stats

juniglee

i unerstand that but again i like that actual labor it takes to make a pokemon, and not just punch in a few numbers and stats

It's not actually actual labor to use a simulator and see how your team would fare in an actual environment. I use a simulator while EV training my own pokemon too. Punching in stats and numbers, yes, but do you also realize that you're going to raise your Pokemon the exact same way you would in a simulator anyway...

Simulator allows you to get a glimpse of what the final product will look like - if you're satisfied with it, stick with it, otherwise there'll be opportunities to make changes. It's like trying out a product before buying it, don't wanna be regretting buying a product that doesn't work yeah?

Simulator doesn't take away anything from the "actual labor" portion of the game. I do it too...play on simulator, and raise a team on my Black 2 (though this one is far from complete)...

Serah Farron

The Guardian Reaper
It's not actually actual labor to use a simulator and see how your team would fare in an actual environment. I use a simulator while EV training my own pokemon too. Punching in stats and numbers, yes, but do you also realize that you're going to raise your Pokemon the exact same way you would in a simulator anyway...

Simulator allows you to get a glimpse of what the final product will look like - if you're satisfied with it, stick with it, otherwise there'll be opportunities to make changes. It's like trying out a product before buying it, don't wanna be regretting buying a product that doesn't work yeah?

Simulator doesn't take away anything from the "actual labor" portion of the game. I do it too...play on simulator, and raise a team on my Black 2 (though this one is far from complete)...

i se what your saying but ehhh even if i dont like it its at least in my dex so i dont mind