• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Monotype Melee

Status
Not open for further replies.
MonotypeMelee2_zpsf2ef3996.png

Welcome one and all to the Monotype Melee, where you are randomly assigned a type per round to fight off the unknown opposition. Be prepared for showdowns against all odds, surprise strategies and many more!

Rules
• All Teams are a 6:0 Monotype of the distributed type
• All battles must be completed on either Pokémon Online or Pokemonshowdown
• If a D/C happens early game, both players will replay doing the same moves.
• If a clear winner can't be decided when a D/C happens late game, then both players will replay their game.
• Follow all general Serebii rules.
• All Matches are Bo3
• No Johns
• This is a 6th Gen OU Tournament
• Each Round will go for one week, so members have a week to complete their battles.
• It is up to you to get your match done. I will not pm you telling you when each round is up.
• Activity wins are based off you actually contacting your opponent on Serebii, if i am unable to tell that contact was made on serebii i will resort to coin flips, all coin flips are final.

Joining
Post In

The Types
At the start of each round you will be pmed a userbar corresponding to a specific type
Due to Eliteknight being a participant MMS will pm whomever his opponent is their type to prevent a rigged bracket

Not all types will be used in every round some might be doubled up others will be skipped entirely

Electric.png

Dark.png

Bug.png

Water.png

Ice.png

Normal.png

Poison.png

Steel.png

Ground.png

Psychic.png

Rock.png

Ghost.png

Grass.png

Fairy.png

Dragon.png

Fire.png

Fight.png

Flying.png

Bracket
MMII.png

Deadline
Finals ends on October 26th at 10pm gmt-7

Credits:
Astral Shadow - Userbars
Kingothestone - Write up
Turpoo - Main Banner

Last edited:

Snorby

Snorby
In .

I am the knight who says "in"!

oh my god that was horrible kill me now

EDIT: will the OU monotype unbans (e.g. Aegislash for Ghost) be in effect, or will it just be the standard OU banlist? and if so, will Talonflame be banned like in the actual Monotype tier?

Last edited:

Ironthunder

The Uncultured One
I'm in, now let's see how I fare...

Saph~

Serebii Champion x.x
in. 10hchar

Nitocrys

Because I'm Happy.
why not. not like i had anything better to do :(

Thats 16 Bracket will be up later tonight, Types for the first round will be PMed out afterwords.

MonotypeMelee2_zpsf2ef3996.png

Welcome one and all to the Monotype Melee, where you are randomly assigned a type per round to fight off the unknown opposition. Be prepared for showdowns against all odds, surprise strategies and many more!

Rules
• All Teams are a 6:0 Monotype of the distributed type
• All battles must be completed on either Pokémon Online or Pokemonshowdown
• If a D/C happens early game, both players will replay doing the same moves.
• If a clear winner can't be decided when a D/C happens late game, then both players will replay their game.
• Follow all general Serebii rules.
• All Matches are Bo3
• No Johns
• This is a 6th Gen OU Tournament
• Each Round will go for one week, so members have a week to complete their battles.
• It is up to you to get your match done. I will not pm you telling you when each round is up.
• Activity wins are based off you actually contacting your opponent on Serebii, if i am unable to tell that contact was made on serebii i will resort to coin flips, all coin flips are final.

Joining
Post In

The Types
At the start of each round you will be pmed a userbar corresponding to a specific type
Due to Eliteknight being a participant MMS will pm whomever his opponent is their type to prevent a rigged bracket

Not all types will be used in every round some might be doubled up others will be skipped entirely

Electric.png

Dark.png

Bug.png

Water.png

Ice.png

Normal.png

Poison.png

Steel.png

Ground.png

Psychic.png

Rock.png

Ghost.png