• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Monster Houses

parasectdude

Wants name change
What do you do when you suddenly find yourself in a Monster House? Me, I just Earthquake with Swampert until everyone's wiped out. If I don't have him with me, I just leg it with everyone else following me in a conga line, which looks kinda funny.

moo?

Aruseus Tamer
Heat Wave...Charizard's always with me...

Charmanderz

I just regular attack them, but if I have Carizard, I use Heat Wave.
(You never would have guessed. xD )

Jonah

herd u liek mudkips?
Articuno? So that's who Dei is!

Archie (My Articuno) has Powder Snow too. Unfortunate is the monster house which Archie encounters.

PikaYellow2

Silver Wind is also a great move to use against Monster Houses.

Any water moves that attacks multiple foes.

Vacuum-Cut does 30 damage to each foe.

A few uses and they're defeated.

Deathborn_606

Power of the mind
When I go into a small clearing with a monster house in it and I'm the only one in my team I go back 1 step into the narrow path that lead me to the clearing and pick off the eneimes 1 by 1 as they come for me.

The Thunderbird

Dreams come true
I use my Persian's T-Bolt. In Lv 1 dungeons, I retreat into a hallway.

kevind23

DO NOT WANT!!
Best moves for monster houses:
- Heat Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Blizzard
- Wide Slash
Heat wave is good
Thunderbolt is good, but I rarely use it
Blizzard? Do you mean Powder Snow? Blizzard attacks foe in front only
Wide Slash is ok, but I prefer Vacuum Cut

I just wipe em all out with my level 70 Articuno's Powder Snow :p

pimpblue

Dragon Tamer -#1FAN!
BEST moves for MH's:
Heat Wave
Powder Snow
Teleport(if u have low hp)
Wide Slash
Vacuum-Cut

and the only item : Warp Orb!

Aquarelle

Staff member
In Monster Houses, I just attack the foes, usually with my Venusaur's Razor Leaf. My Typhlosion partner helps out with Flamethrower.

If I'm near a narrow hallway, I'll try to get as close to it as I can, so that I'm only facing one or two Pokemon at a time, instead of being ransacked (sp?) by five foes at once.

Other times, I make a run for the stairs if they're REALLY close by, though that occurs quite rarely. Also, I once exited the dungeon because the number of Pokemon in the Monster House was too overwhelming, as my other Pokemon had fainted.

~Aquarelle

Scepgatr

My Charizrd's Heat Wave and my Sceptile's Wide Slash. But now both of them are level 100, so all I need to do is just press the A button and KO them one by one. They never do more than 5HP worth damage. Unless its a Monster House in Norhwind Field (Politoed's Perish Song) or Silver Trench (Dewgong's Sheer Cold).
and the only item : Warp Orb!
Petrify Orbs are very useful in Monster Houses. I use them a lot when in Lv.1 dungeons.

Mudskipper

The Earthquaker
Since I'm at MAX I.Q. with my Charizard, if I see a potential Monster House, I break through the walls immediately around the room until I reach an item. Then I step on the item and WHAM! A Monster House triggers. If the exit is in the same room, I simply walk toward the exit since I'm at Lv. 100. However, If there's a Pokemon that I haven't recruited, I will use Earthquake to KO everyone. I usually travel alone, so this strategy is great for me.

Pokemon Master Hani

Since I'm at MAX I.Q. with my Charizard, if I see a potential Monster House, I break through the walls immediately around the room until I reach an item. Then I step on the item and WHAM! A Monster House triggers. If the exit is in the same room, I simply walk toward the exit since I'm at Lv. 100. However, If there's a Pokemon that I haven't recruited, I will use Earthquake to KO everyone. I usually travel alone, so this strategy is great for me.

I use the exact same trick> :-D