• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Monster Houses

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
We've all been in them. Whether it's falling into some criminal's trap or stumbling into one on the last floor of the dungeon without any useful items, Monster Houses are extremely unpredictable and can be challenging without the proper techniques.

Use this thread to share some of your terrifying horror stories, tricky tactics, marvelous manuevers, and mystifiying misadventures.

surfer treecko

Highly Explosive
I have Discharge, so monster hosues aren't really a problem.

But once I managed to set off about 5 Skuntanks with aftermath. I think I cleared the room in one turn because of it.

Blue Shiny Pikachu 1

Fly So High!!!
I have Discharge, so monster hosues aren't really a problem.

But once I managed to set off about 5 Skuntanks with aftermath. I think I cleared the room in one turn because of it.

I have Discharge too! I'm glad I'm a Pikachu. But I manage to miss a couple of Pokemon.

Esmerry

DREW COME BACK
Hm, the last time I got into a Monster House..
Oh yeah, I remember.

Well, I was doing the Sunflora special episode, and Sunflora was on her way to the Haunters. She already lost one time of them, and I believe she had to do 4 floors before she could attack them again. So, Sunflora was at the 4th floor, and when she was nearly at the stairs, yeah, you could guess it. A monster house appears.
This happened around 3 times >_<

xdragonx

I'm baaaack. >:]
These things used to SCARE me so much. C'mon, a whole squadron of powerful Pokemon dropping from the ceiling like stones? X.0;; I remember the first time I ever saw one... I have to admit, I was completely freaked out.

In PMD1 Blue, I was a Charizard with Heat Wave, so the moment I stepped into a Monster House, I was able to wipe them all out. No problems there!

In PMD2 Darkness, My Typhlosion has Lava Plume, which unfortunately doesn't hit the whole room, but it was good enough. Being able to wipe out the enemies in waves was good enough for me. Yes, it uses more PP, but it got the job done. And if some foe decided to use Agility, I'd have my Partner (Sceptile) do the same.

In PMD3 Sky, my Partner (Luxray) has Discharge, so all I do is bring him into the room and KO everything in one turn. The only twist is that if there's a Pokemon in the room with the ability Lightning Rod, I have to take it out first--but that's uncommon. All the foes usually can only hit my Leader (Espeon) for 1 or 2 HP anyways. xD;;
I've thought about trying to get Cut on my Espeon, as I think it functions the same way as Lava Plume, Thunderbolt, and Dark Pulse do. But I like my Espeon's moveset the way it is, and I've never even come close to fainting, so there isn't really a point, is there?

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
My team on Sky doesn't have a room-wide move, so I have to improvise a bit.

Once, on a mission to find the Lost Loot in Surrounded Sea, on the floor with the Loot, bang, Monster House. Instead of fighting, I used a Trawl Orb so that I could pull to Lost Loot right under my feet, pick it up, and warp out.

Kitty Aruseus

The werewolf cometh.
3 words. Discharge or Thunderbolt. This is what sucks though... I'm in a monster house and I wipe out most of them with Force Palm because my partner is too stupid to use it, and when there's only 1 left from the monster house, THEN he uses discharge. It annoyed me a lot. It happened 10 times. All in Temporal Tower...

xdragonx

I'm baaaack. >:]
3 words. Discharge or Thunderbolt. This is what sucks though... I'm in a monster house and I wipe out most of them with Force Palm because my partner is too stupid to use it, and when there's only 1 left from the monster house, THEN he uses discharge. It annoyed me a lot. It happened 10 times. All in Temporal Tower...

There's a way to get around that and guarantee that your Partner uses Discharge at the start. When you're in a dungeon, bring up the menu using the "X" button and go to "Team." Click on your Partner's name and then click "Moves." Here you can switch "on" and "off" which attacks that your Partner will use. See the little blue checkmarks? Those indicate that the move is turned "on." If you click one of the attacks and then hit "switch," the blue checkmark will disappear. Do this for all moves except Discharge--then that will be the only attack that your Partner will use.
This is what I do when I bring my Partner into a Monster House. Then he'll automatically use Discharge, knocking out all the enemies in the room!

Kitty Aruseus

The werewolf cometh.
I'm not an idiot. I've done that before and when I do that, guess what? Oh, my partner STILL doesn't use it. Oh my God... I just proved my own point using YOUR instructions on how to do something I've used since the original PMD games.

talala

well these things suck, but when you have a mobile scarf, just move diagonally backwards and kick some ass with your partner, you on the cliff (or whatever you wanna call it) and your partner in the hallway (or whatever you wanna call it) :D

Torosiken

This is a title.
petrify orb.

if not, use blizzard. You will win and.... IF your level is high it will works best

Viiinc

In explorers of darkness I use my Palkia with Draco Meteor, Special Rend and Earth Power. I always hope to find a monster house, because I can earn lots of exp. points.

GameBoy911

Exploring the Sky
Finished my first Monster House yesterday, since I'm on level 20 I don't have any full room attacks, I made squirtle hide in a hallway and I hide in a different one so I could take one down at a time it was actually pretty easy. (Oh it was in Amp Plains.)

Illusione-Tempus

I just went through my first monster house at EoS (at team Vulvee mind you). It was tricky, so I retreated to the hallway to attack. Power Band+Tackle+Adaptability = OHKO all. 8D

Oh, I encountered 2 when I was playing Special Episode "In the Future of Darkness". those Salamence had been using Fire Fang at me, but luckily I have a Drain Bangle.

Pokemaniac Erika

All aboard!
I'm a cyndaquil with lava plume. I taught my partner, piplup, blizzard. And I have staraptor with agility for extra turns >:3
The annoying part is when you enter a floor and you just appeared right inside a monster house.
It happened to me once >_>

Silverninetails

Quaaaaagggg~~~
There's a way to get around that and guarantee that your Partner uses Discharge at the start. When you're in a dungeon, bring up the menu using the "X" button and go to "Team." Click on your Partner's name and then click "Moves."

Umm, you can just press "X", then select "Moves". There's no need to go to "Team". Saves a couple of milliseconds.

I'm not an idiot. I've done that before and when I do that, guess what? Oh, my partner STILL doesn't use it.

You have to kind of "provoke" your partner to do it. Make sure your partner is in the room, and has an enemy beside it. Then it will attack with Discharge.

Anyway, I either go with a Petrify orb, or make Vapoureon move to the side, letting Lucario move in. Then I make Dragonite use Agility while Vapoureon uses Helping Hand. Then I lock Lucario into Dark Pulse while I just attack the others normally.

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I hate monster houses. I like using petrify orbs though, those help alot.

Jaypaw

meow meow meow meow
Gaaahhhh I use the handy Spurn Orb =D

Jaypaw

meow meow meow meow
Gaaahhhh I use the handy Spurn Orb =D

DYLANJON

FC: 4855 8997 3020
it happened today, i think it was team charm, a monster house appears (yes this was near the stairs, honestly i though i was screwed) so i check my bag... only to come across a petrify orb, i killed a few before successfully making it to the stairs