• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Monster Hunter Series Discussion

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Demo released today. Here's the Monster Hunter Direct.

NPC

sleep researcher
The demo dropped late yesterday and I've been having a ton of fun with it so far. Getting used to palamutes/monster riding/wirebugs/silkbinds/weapon changes is a lot, but I love the new degree of mobility all players are afforded. And monster riding in particular is undeniably fun.

The Insect Glaive didn't really experience any major changes coming off of World, but that's largely fine by me. Its silkbind attacks are a little underwhelming, but I know there will be others in the full game. Other than that, and as someone who didn't play much World, I'm having a lot of fun just zipping through the air with vault + wirebug combinations.

I also love how they incorporated endemic life and gathering items into these maps. The map itself feels vibrant and colorful, but not so large or detailed that you get lost in it. It really encourages you to run around and explore for its own sake, instead of haplessly looking around for your target monsters. (I definitely don't miss Paintballs.)

I have not tried the other weapons out extensively yet, but the Hunting Horn underwent a complete retooling which makes it much more user-friendly and less "support-oriented." I'm sure it'll be hugely popular this time around. Other than that, the Hammer and Heavy Bowgun seem to have gotten major boons, while the Switch Axe and Longsword seem largely untouched.

Oh and the game runs great so far! I was worried about framerate drops in handheld mode (I have a Switch Lite) but I haven't experienced issues so far.

shoz999

The demo dropped late yesterday and I've been having a ton of fun with it so far. Getting used to palamutes/monster riding/wirebugs/silkbinds/weapon changes is a lot, but I love the new degree of mobility all players are afforded. And monster riding in particular is undeniably fun.

The Insect Glaive didn't really experience any major changes coming off of World, but that's largely fine by me. Its silkbind attacks are a little underwhelming, but I know there will be others in the full game. Other than that, and as someone who didn't play much World, I'm having a lot of fun just zipping through the air with vault + wirebug combinations.

I also love how they incorporated endemic life and gathering items into these maps. The map itself feels vibrant and colorful, but not so large or detailed that you get lost in it. It really encourages you to run around and explore for its own sake, instead of haplessly looking around for your target monsters. (I definitely don't miss Paintballs.)

I have not tried the other weapons out extensively yet, but the Hunting Horn underwent a complete retooling which makes it much more user-friendly and less "support-oriented." I'm sure it'll be hugely popular this time around. Other than that, the Hammer and Heavy Bowgun seem to have gotten major boons, while the Switch Axe and Longsword seem largely untouched.

Oh and the game runs great so far! I was worried about framerate drops in handheld mode (I have a Switch Lite) but I haven't experienced issues so far.
Have you tried Wirebug + Switchaxe? In previous games, the Switchaxe felt powerful but slow. In this game, you feel like you are the Switchaxe!

TrottingMinccino

Can also jump!
The trailers look very promising. It seems that they took what was learned from World and fused it together. I do like that it looks more vibrant aesthetically compared to the dreariness that World brought about. The tone seems to have changed for the better, too(I hope), it has that "You can do anything" feel that kept me playing Generations(Ultimate) for so long!

I am very much digging the Wirebug mechanics and Silkbind skills. I am quite pleased that they took the Hunter Art system and turned it into something even cooler! It provides alot more along the lines of maneuvering and tactics that has never been available before. And the Monsters themselves look as fresh as ever, even the unforgivingly ugly ones *cough*Khezu*cough*. I am increasingly curious about any new moves...

All in all, Rise is looking up to be a pretty nifty-gilifty thing. March can't seem to come soon enough!

shoz999

The trailers look very promising. It seems that they took what was learned from World and fused it together. I do like that it looks more vibrant aesthetically compared to the dreariness that World brought about. The tone seems to have changed for the better, too(I hope), it has that "You can do anything" feel that kept me playing Generations(Ultimate) for so long!

I am very much digging the Wirebug mechanics and Silkbind skills. I am quite pleased that they took the Hunter Art system and turned it into something even cooler! It provides alot more along the lines of maneuvering and tactics that has never been available before. And the Monsters themselves look as fresh as ever, even the unforgivingly ugly ones *cough*Khezu*cough*. I am increasingly curious about any new moves...

All in all, Rise is looking up to be a pretty nifty-gilifty thing. March can't seem to come soon enough!
Vibrant-vibe? Thought they we're going for a haunted spooky Witcher 3-like vibe with all the Japanese myths and how each area seems to be full of haunted or abandoned villages, temples, ships, and even a skull of Zorah Magdaros lying around. Personally, I like this new direction of Monster Hunter.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
I gave the demo a real quick shot. Gotta get used to a non-World MH again, but so far I think they did a good job merging the more recent MH games with the sort of "reboot" they did with World. Looking forward to playing some more.

shoz999

This is the Monster Hunter Direct a few hours ago.
  • As the guy above me said, Monster Hunter Stories 2 comes out July 9th 2021.
  • The Monster Hunter Rise Demo will return on March 11th with a brand new quest, Magnamalo.
  • There will be a free update for MH Rise in April featuring several new monsters.
  • One of the new monsters for the April update is Chameleos, a poisonous Elder Dragon that turns invisible and will steal your items. You will either love him or hate him lol.

Mhov

Switch Skills are going to be fun to experiment with.
The Rampage looks very hectic with a lot of information on screen, that's probably going to take some getting used to.

EeveeSoulSilver

Dragon Trainer
Stories 2 is almost here! I’ve been playing Stories 1 again while waiting. The demo was fun!

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Man, it's been a week since MHS2 came out, and I still don't have my copy yet.

Some of the story is complicated, but Gamestop didn't have any copies aside from preorder.

I may get my copy tomorrow. Hopefully, since I liked the demo thus far.

Also, my character looks rad.