• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Monster Hunter Tri

charizard117

your worst nightmare
Surprised not to already see a thread for this game.
Just discussion about the game, such as: Did you get it? Are you going to? What do you think?
Just about anything about the game.
(I hope someone makes a thread for the Wi-fi asspects of the game for a Wi-fi list)

noobers

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
I plan to get it, but I'm not sure when. It looks great and all, but I'm tight on money and there's so many other games that interest me.

Rakurai

I picked it up today, after spending some time watching live streams of it, and it's every bit of fun as fun as I was hoping it would be.

Currently using a heavy bowgun as my weapon of choice, and really look forward to getting into the online.

Krake

Flabebe's Kids
I'm really interested in getting it, but what all do you do in it? I assume that you hunt for monsters (as the title obviously suggests), but what more do I need to know?

Rakurai

I'm really interested in getting it, but what all do you do in it? I assume that you hunt for monsters (as the title obviously suggests), but what more do I need to know?

That's pretty much it, to be honest. But I'll be darned if it isn't fun.

It's probably worth noting that this game doesn't provide you with some of the luxuries that typical action RPGs tend to have, such as the ability to lock on to targets, or generous hit detection. You have turn to face your targets on your own, and you have to be really precise with your hits (All monsters take varying amounts of damage based on where you hit them, the head typically being the best spot).

It's also relatively high on the difficulty scale, as it's not uncommon for the monsters you deal with later on to be capable of killing you in one to three hits later in the game, and they're not exactly easy to dodge, either.

Those points have come understand criticism by many people new to the series, but they just make it a more fulfilling game experience, IMO.

The online, as far as I've experienced, is flawless in regards of how much lag there is and such, too. It can get rather irritating if you get grouped with bad players, though, as three deaths total equals a quest failure, plus the game doesn't reward extra for anything other then not dying, which can result in cowardly or slacking players sometimes.

I was just surprised to find out that it's a Wii exclusive. Kinda odd for a long running series - 5 years is quite long - to just jump ship like that.

Zero Nexus

Stand up, go for it
Got it, it's awesome, got a question;

I've just unlocked the second field (desert), and i can go there when the quests take me there, but how can i just normally go there for a hunt, like to gather resources and stuff?

Rakurai

Got it, it's awesome, got a question;

I've just unlocked the second field (desert), and i can go there when the quests take me there, but how can i just normally go there for a hunt, like to gather resources and stuff?

You can't, unfortunately.

You do, however, get a quest later that just requires you to take an item from the supply box and put it in the turn-in box to complete it, so that one can be used for your resource collecting needs.

charizard117

your worst nightmare
Well then. Seeing as how I've played enough of the game to make my verdict I have to saw..... Amazing......
I may be new to the series (hence my often failure) but I've been loving every minute of this game. The hack-and-slash combat and weapon and armor creation/upgrading keeps me hooked and the online keeps me coming for more. Speaking of online, I've spent almost all my time on that part. The people that I've meet so far are either friendly or just keep quiet and do the missions.
I could continue on with funny stories about things me and my friend have had happen to but I just want to keep this short and sweet.

This is my first Monster Hunter game (I've been following the series for a few years though), and I absolutely love it. My love for games was kind of going away but now with this game, it's all coming back.

I'm using the Lance and I'm pretty good with it if I do say so myself =D

What weapons do you guys use?

Red Globe

Si Vis Amor, ama
I do have Monster Hunter Freedom Unite(d? Not sure), and I love that game. Now, considering how I have a pretty crappy collection of games on my Wii, this is a must.

However.

I can't even afford HG/SS right now, nonetheless this.

Zero Nexus

Stand up, go for it
Another question - i'm stuck on the quest where you fight one of those bird things that can immitate monster cries for the first time. Sword and shield is clearly too slow to be working, so what weapon would you recommend to bring it down?

Rakurai

Another question - i'm stuck on the quest where you fight one of those bird things that can immitate monster cries for the first time. Sword and shield is clearly too slow to be working, so what weapon would you recommend to bring it down?

The sword and shield is the fastest weapon available, so I can't see how it's too slow unless you're referring to the killing speed, in which case, it's something you'll have to get used to with that weapon.

If you're saying it's too slow because you're getting hit, switching weapons won't help, since no weapon excels at movement and dodging more then that one.

It's easy to take down with any weapon as long as you don't get greedy with your hits, and keep attacking while it's facing you. Also, if possible, try to hit its throat sac with a jumping slash or two when it's puffed out, since that'll either make it flinch, fall down, and run away briefly before tripping and dropping an item. A general rule with most monsters is that focusing attacks on a single part of their body long enough will cause them to flinch (Usually the head) or fall down (Usually the legs).

Last edited:
Rakurai is right, the SnS is the fastest weapon available.

When fighting boss monsters (or any monster that gives you problems), watch it's movement and actions.

SaulGCube

Aeroga
Well well Im surprised to see a Monster Hunter thread in Serebii. Anyway i ended up buying the bundle(Been a long time fan so i need a controller that reminds me of previous games), and so far Im loving it to heck. I did try playing freestyle(Wii Remote and Numchuck) but it just feels to different to me. =/ Any one here play with the wii remote?