• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Monster Hunter Tri

Raging Ghost

Red Dragon Archfiend
Monster Hunter Tri is a hack and slash on the Wii. In this game, you create your own character and you hunt monsters to get paid. Also, despite the small number of weapon types (Long Sword, Great Sword, Lance, Sword and Shield, Switch Axe, Hammer and Bow gun), there's many weapons and bowgun parts.

Yes, you construct your own bowgun. Your bowgun also have it's weight (light, medium, heavy) and normal characteristics who real-life guns got (recoil, range, power, accuracy, etc.). The armors you can wear depends on which weapon type (melee weapons and bowguns).

Also, up to 4 players can play Wi-Fi. The Japanese will need to pay, but the Americans and Europeans can play without fees. Unfortunately, there's no worldwide servers, so Americans can't play with Europeans.

Anyway, here's the game's wiki: http://monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Monster_Hunter_3

Additional notes: If you want to play it, I recommend the following:

-Internet connection (Yes, you can play on it online, and it's free for the Americans and the Europeans.)
-WiiSpeak (Obvious easy chat option is obvious. By the way, you can plug in a USB keyboard if you tap really fast.)
-Classic controller (You might have trouble playing with the Wiimote + Nunchuk: especially when doing attacks. A classic controller or it's ''Pro'' counterpart are good.)

Satoshi_poketo monsta

Home-Made Trainer.
Yeah, I've this game before. The new Monsters are giving me impression!

angel4u185

M'aimes-tu? :3
I have this game. My friend made me get it, and I'm glad he did! The wifi is the best part. The fact that there's a different weapon for basically every type of person is nice, too...I just wish they had dual swords in it! But yeah, it's a great game, and is much better with the classic controller pro and a keyboard. It's too bad the next games probably aren't ever going to be on a nintendo console ever again. Oh well.

voidhawk

Blergh!
Are you guys online? I started playing online yesterday, and managed to get my sword upgrade through mining some pelagicite ore. How are you guys doing in-game?

angel4u185

M'aimes-tu? :3
Offline, I've beat Ceadeus and am thinking about getting his armor, but it's so time consuming, and you don't get many items as reward. I'm scared to try the offline super-hard urgent quests, like two Diablos or the Lagiacrus/Rathalos one... Online, I think I'm rank 45-ish? I'm in plus rank things, but I haven't beat Altreon. If there's anyone else who plays Monster Hunter on here, what type of weapon do you use? I personally use Sword and Shield, all the rest are too slow for me.

GreenAiden555

Up For Trade P.M Me
Monster Hunter Tri
Hack n' Slash
Many of anything in Tri

wat

But, seriously, I've invested 386 hours in the game, and I have to say, this is the best game I've played in a couple of years. And boy, have I played a LOT of them.

If any of you bros wanna hunt, shoot me a P.M. I'm HR 98 and would like to help out someone in need.

US only, by the way.

voidhawk

Blergh!
I use a great sword, at the moment I have a buster sword+, and am aiming for the Mutiator blade. Will probably get a long sword as well. Looking to get the barbarian sharq.

What about the rest of you?

Raging Ghost

Red Dragon Archfiend
I use a great sword, at the moment I have a buster sword+, and am aiming for the Mutiator blade. Will probably get a long sword as well. Looking to get the barbarian sharq.

I'm using the Sword and Shield. Seriously, I would sometimes favor speed and versality.

KyogreKing

I'm back

It depends on the monster I'm hunting. I mainly use a switch axe ( My goal is to get the most powerful SA for each element), but sometimes I use a hammer or a lance.

natie

Mr. F
Monster Hunter's too sluggish for me to like.

God Eater, on the other hand... <3

Blazios

After a 30 minute battle with a Barroth (the online urgent quest for HR 9), after running out of First-Aid Meds, Potions and Mega Potions, about to die for the third time, I threw the one usable item I had left at it, which was a Throwing Knife.

IT KILLED IT.

Also, why is this game so addictive. I played it for 45 minutes the day it was released, then got bored and stopped. Finally picked it up a few days ago, finished the tutorial and I haven't put it down since.

Capturing a Qurupeco in single player is hard when it KEEPS SUMMONING A RATHIAN WHICH KEEPS FOLLOWING ME.

Mark_Chaos

WARP EVOLUTION!
After a 30 minute battle with a Barroth (the online urgent quest for HR 9), after running out of First-Aid Meds, Potions and Mega Potions, about to die for the third time, I threw the one usable item I had left at it, which was a Throwing Knife.

IT KILLED IT.

Also, why is this game so addictive. I played it for 45 minutes the day it was released, then got bored and stopped. Finally picked it up a few days ago, finished the tutorial and I haven't put it down since.

Capturing a Qurupeco in single player is hard when it KEEPS SUMMONING A RATHIAN WHICH KEEPS FOLLOWING ME.

Should have used a water or fire attribute weapon, makes it easier.

I mainly use Great Swords. I keep other types as back up.

Mochirisu

Banned
This game is so amazing. My friend bugged me to get the game because he was lonely online, so I did. So addicting~

I'm a Lance user, Para Lance is the best thing ever <3

I'm HR 50, lookin' for people to help me with Ala.

Some of these monsters are just the cutest things also. Ala and Barioth are so cuddly looking to me x3 Rathalos is just loooovely~

Also, Peco needs to die in a ditch. If only for the fact that Peco likes to call Jho on me, who usually pounds Peco to the ground anyways c: