• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Monster Hunter

Arcamenel

Shiny Hunter
I downloaded last week and this week's DLC. Um...how exactly do I take my armor off so I can do the "Streaking with Bullfangos" quest? o.o

Rakurai

Just go to the storage box in the tent near Neko and unequip your armor there.

I don't really understand why they opted to put the equipment box so far from the quest lobby in Ultimate...

meismadatyou

Johto League Master
You can get Pawprint stamps from Felyne (12% drop), and Melynx (20% drop).
I discarted the first couple of pawprint stamps I got cause they were worth nothing, but I didn't know they were used to make weapons. If any of them are used to make a GS, LS, or Sword and Shield I should probably consider keeping them them next time.

thanks, and I want to make Dual Swords with them!

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
You can get Pawprint stamps from Felyne (12% drop), and Melynx (20% drop).
I discarted the first couple of pawprint stamps I got cause they were worth nothing, but I didn't know they were used to make weapons. If any of them are used to make a GS, LS, or Sword and Shield I should probably consider keeping them them next time.

Every item has a use, you've have tons of storage so there's no point in discarding any items you receive.

I managed to finish the offline Jhen Mohran quest with less then 15 seconds left on the clock yesterday, which gave me the biggest feeling of accomplishment I've had playing the game so far.

It's much harder then in the original Tri, due to you only having a limited amount of ballista and cannon ammo to work with, which necessitates that you have a good weapon and know where its weak points are if you plan on defeating it, as if you aren't able to cause enough damage, you won't be able to stagger it enough in order to keep it from destroying the ship.

I know that feeling. There's a Village Quest in Freedom Unite where you've got to fight a One-Horned Diablos that has incredibly high HP, it took me many tries to finally beat it within the time limit, and when I finally did I only had five minutes left.

Just go to the storage box in the tent near Neko and unequip your armor there.

I don't really understand why they opted to put the equipment box so far from the quest lobby in Ultimate...

I never played Tri, but it was the same in both Freedom Unite and Portable 3rd, your equipment box is only in your room.

DucksGoMooful

Evergreen tail?
I have a question, I'm not sure if any of you saw it yet, but after you repel the Lagiacrus, you unlock a Felyne Gunlance. I really want to get the gunlance because it looks freaking adorable, but i have no idea how to get pawprint stamps, if anybody can help, thanks!

I've just found random ones when fighting monsters after they've killed the Felynes and stuff milling about. If you see a sparkle on the ground, go for it.

I managed to finish the offline Jhen Mohran quest with less then 15 seconds left on the clock yesterday, which gave me the biggest feeling of accomplishment I've had playing the game so far.

It's much harder then in the original Tri, due to you only having a limited amount of ballista and cannon ammo to work with, which necessitates that you have a good weapon and know where its weak points are if you plan on defeating it, as if you aren't able to cause enough damage, you won't be able to stagger it enough in order to keep it from destroying the ship.

Really? That's different...how does it work? Is there like an ammo count nearby or something? I'm not really anywhere close to the quest at the moment but I'd like to know now.

Also I love killing monsters with only a few seconds left. So epic.

Tyranitarquake

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAX!!!
As a GS user and previous LS user I still can't play without always being able to adjust the camera.

No one will complain about the claw, the claw is perfect. That's why it was developed in the first place. Being able to adjust the camera the way you want at all times is incredibly important, it can mean the difference between life and death, some monsters move around very quickly, sometimes you have to fight more than one monster. There are a lot of scenarios where you want to be attacking and observing your surroundings.

That's interesting, and it now makes little sense why the text is so blurry on the 3DS.

A lot of people complained about then claw because it was painful, uncomfortable and the gunning controls were weird. I think that's a load of crap though, I played P3 for almost 200 hours and Unite for almost 100 and I don't find it uncomfortable in the slightest. Honestly, out of the whole time I used the claw, my fingers actually hurt less than they have been hurting playing 3U less than a week due to the 3DS and CPP's harder buttons..

I beat Duramboros today with only THREE SECONDS remaining. Freaking crazy. The thing has so much health, I even attacked it regularly and everything. I have no idea why it took so long. Maybe it's because of the peco hammer I was using, and my overall experience with using hammers. Most mosters I killed around the 5 min mark and then this guy takes pretty much the whole time to kill.

Last edited:

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
A lot of people complained about then claw because it was painful, uncomfortable and the gunning controls were weird. I think that's a load of crap though, I played P3 for almost 200 hours and Unite for almost 100 and I don't find it uncomfortable in the slightest. Honestly, out of the whole time I used the claw, my fingers actually hurt less than they have been hurting playing 3U less than a week due to the 3DS and CPP's harder buttons.

The claw can be uncomfortable at first, which is to be expected, but I'm with you here, it's way more comfortable than the CPP.

I beat Duramboros today with only THREE SECONDS remaining. Freaking crazy. The thing has so much health, I even attacked it regularly and everything. I have no idea why it took so long. Maybe it's because of the peco hammer I was using, and my overall experience with using hammers. Most mosters I killed around the 5 min mark and then this guy takes pretty much the whole time to kill.

Shakalaka Savior II? I'm doing that quest now, I actually ran out of time on my first attempt because I hadn't brought any whetstones with me, I figured the two I got would be fine. I never had this issue in MHP3rd. It was frustrating because I got him limping but my wailing on him with red sharpness was getting nowhere fast.

Rakurai

Really? That's different...how does it work? Is there like an ammo count nearby or something? I'm not really anywhere close to the quest at the moment but I'd like to know now.

Also I love killing monsters with only a few seconds left. So epic.

You simply stop being able to pick up any more ballista or cannon ammo after you pick up enough, kind of like a standard gathering point. I can't help but wonder if it's the same in the harbor version of the quest meant for multiple players, as I was running out of ammo about halfway through each phase of the fight, so multiple players would exhaust the supply even faster. When you're dealing with a tougher Jhen Mohran, that would be problematic, seeing as people sometimes had trouble killing it in Tri even with an infinite stock of ammo to take advantage of.

Zyon

NUM NUM NUM
Every item has a use, you've have tons of storage so there's no point in discarding any items you receive.
I know that now lol.
But at the time during the quest I got something else that I needed and my pouch was full, and the pawprint stamps just didn't seem that important.

Tyranitarquake

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAX!!!
The claw can be uncomfortable at first, which is to be expected, but I'm with you here, it's way more comfortable than the CPP.

Shakalaka Savior II? I'm doing that quest now, I actually ran out of time on my first attempt because I hadn't brought any whetstones with me, I figured the two I got would be fine. I never had this issue in MHP3rd. It was frustrating because I got him limping but my wailing on him with red sharpness was getting nowhere fast.

Did he get some sort of buff in this game? I don't recall him having this much health in MHP3rd..

Tyranitarquake

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAX!!!
My guess is, and with no data to back it up (shame all the good databases are gone or just support Freedom Unite), it's just that one quest, to make it more difficult.

There's another Duramboros hunting quest which I'm guessing is a key quest also. I hope this one is much easier, I don't want to waste another 50 mins fighting the same thing a second time especially since I don't need his armour or weapons. I'm aiming to complete all village quests so I'll have to do it anyway, and the freaking powderstone quest.. which are the only 2 quests I have left before the urgent and whatever new quest that gets unlocked after the urgent.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
There's another Duramboros hunting quest which I'm guessing is a key quest also. I hope this one is much easier, I don't want to waste another 50 mins fighting the same thing a second time especially since I don't need his armour or weapons. I'm aiming to complete all village quests so I'll have to do it anyway, and the freaking powderstone quest.. which are the only 2 quests I have left before the urgent and whatever new quest that gets unlocked after the urgent.

The gathering quests are usually what bother me the most. The Powerderstone quest will be a pain, and I hate the Goldenfish quests as well. I'll spend 50 minutes fighting a monster as an alternative any day.

Except Plesioth.

Arcamenel

Shiny Hunter
I'm so addicted to this game @_@. I'm not that far in though, just finished the quest to capture the Blue Azuros. I failed it two times because I killed him >.> The third time he stopped to take a breather so I just set up an ez shock trap in front of him. He stepped right on it and I used two tranquil bombs to knock him out. Now there are some Great Jaggi in the woods that I'll be killing for parts -.o

Last edited:

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
I'm doing a bit of farming in preparation for the Ceadeus quest/HR. Gonna make myself the Rathalos set and the Wyvern Jawblade. Just gotta farm Diablos for the sword, I'll have to do Rathalos a few more times though, but that's no big deal.

Zyon

NUM NUM NUM
This game is very addicting, in fact this has been the only game I've played so much that I've run down the battery on my 3DS on multiple occasions. Plugged it in the charger and kept right on playing lol.
I'm not really that far into it either I think, I'm halfway done with Lv 4 of the Village Quest's and just finally got the quest to repel the Lagicurus.
An I've got a full armor set of Jaggi, I'm thinking I'll probably farm Barroth to get a full set of armor. Then try to get the materials for either Cataclysm Sword or Golem Blade.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
This game is very addicting, in fact this has been the only game I've played so much that I've run down the battery on my 3DS on multiple occasions. Plugged it in the charger and kept right on playing lol.
I'm not really that far into it either I think, I'm halfway done with Lv 4 of the Village Quest's and just finally got the quest to repel the Lagicurus.
An I've got a full armor set of Jaggi, I'm thinking I'll probably farm Barroth to get a full set of armor. Then try to get the materials for either Cataclysm Sword or Golem Blade.

Since you're a GS I've got some recommendations for you, I'd start by following the Jawblade path at first. The Cataclysm Sword is nice, but it has an element and it's best to grab yourself a good neutral weapon before making elemental weapons. As for armour, I also did the Jaggi set first because I ended up with enough parts, I'm personally replacing it with the Rathalos set, you'll keep your Attack buff that way, as well as getting Fast Sharpener.

Tyranitarquake

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAX!!!
The gathering quests are usually what bother me the most. The Powerderstone quest will be a pain, and I hate the Goldenfish quests as well. I'll spend 50 minutes fighting a monster as an alternative any day.

Except Plesioth.

Just beat the powderstone quest. I used felyne skills to make it and the other egg collecting quests easy. Also, the golden fish quest is easy in this game and tri. This is because unlike previous MH games, as soon as you put golden fish bait into the water, the whole pond becomes goldenfish ONLY.

Ugh.. I have to do Hammer Time now.

Edit: trashed him in under 20 mins this time. I used a LS so maybe that's why.

Last edited:

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Just beat the powderstone quest. I used felyne skills to make it and the other egg collecting quests easy. Also, the golden fish quest is easy in this game and tri. This is because unlike previous MH games, as soon as you put golden fish bait into the water, the whole pond becomes goldenfish ONLY.

Oh, well that's awesome.

Ugh.. I have to do Hammer Time now.

Edit: trashed him in under 20 mins this time. I used a LS so maybe that's why.

I think he probably had less health too, even if you're not the best with Hammers I don't think there should be such a drastic difference.

Tyranitarquake

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAX!!!
Oh, well that's awesome.

I think he probably had less health too, even if you're not the best with Hammers I don't think there should be such a drastic difference.

Yeah I'm thinking that too since I used the peco hammer, which is fire element. Duramboros is weak to fire according to wiki.

Just fought a bunch of monsters, barioth was a complete joke. One thing I'm starting to hate is when you beat a monster, another quest pops up with the same monster. Examples being killing Royal Ludroth unlocks the capture Royal ludroth quest, and after Volcano Rathalos there's a D. Island Rathalos quest. I'm still gonna try to beat every quest as I go though.

arcamenel said:
just finished the quest to capture the Blue Azaroth.
A what?