• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Monster Hunter

ThatGuyWithCommonSense

What common sense?
This is for those who play Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate on the Wii U and/or 3DS and Monster Hunter 4 on the 3DS (I envy you those who do). So, let's have a discussion regarding them!

For Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate:

• What's your favorite monster to hunt in the game?
  • What armor do you use?
  • What monster do you hate to fight the most?

For Monster Hunter 4:

• How do you feel regarding the new game mechanics and does it make Monster Hunter better or worse?
  • How is the difficulty within the game compared to the older ones in the series?
  • What old monsters are you happy about returning?

Zeldageek123

ZU User/Buizel Lover
Personally, I love to fight the Royal Ludroth. I don't know why, I just like fighting it and then cutting off it's tail. <3

I use a full set of Lagiacrus armor, along with a Lagiacrus Great Sword. The blue looks beautiful. :)

Chapter

hello, im back sorta
I loved monster hunter 3 Ultimate, though I actually never even played that much of it. I got the demo and loved it, and then tried my friends game of it. Very fun. I just dont have the money for it lol.

I don't really remember any of those things extremely specifically, but IK that I used Dual Swords mostly. The The shift axe or hammer or something was awesome too.

Griever789

I played a lot of monster hunter 3 ultimate myself, though I have not for awhile now. I got to g rank and now it's quite difficult to do alone and the guy I usually play this with is always busy. That and I did get a tad burned out on it.

Akemi

For Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate:

What's your favorite monster to hunt in the game?
Brachy, or Barroth, Nibelsnarf. :>
What armor do you use?
Depends on the situation, I have a few different sets to choose from on my main.
What monster do you hate to fight the most?
Gobul. He's not hard, but I still hate him.

For Monster Hunter 4:

How do you feel regarding the new game mechanics and does it make Monster Hunter better or worse?
I'm not sure, I've only ever touched MH3 before. But it looks pretty awesome, so I'm praying it gets a North American release!

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
-Lagiacrus, Zinogre, and Brachydios

What armor do you use?
-Typically the Helios set

-Crimson Quropeco, mostly because it loves summoning the Deviljho and make killing it even harder.

I can't say much about 4 yet since I haven't been keeping up with the news about it, but from the videos I've seen I'm looking forward to playing it hopefully soon.

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
Good news indeed. Makes sense it's a while away, as we'd be getting the (a) upgraded version off the bat, and there's a lot of translation work to be done, judging by MH3:U.

hellothisismuffin

Element of Laughter
- There really is no monster I love to fight. I only hate
- Currently Purple Ludroth armor because Dat Marathon Runner
- I absolutely hate Rathians. They are impossible. They are the sole reason I'm confined to 6* missions

I also use the hunting horn and breastfeed in case you wanted to know

ThatGuyWithCommonSense

What common sense?
- There really is no monster I love to fight. I only hate
- Currently Purple Ludroth armor because Dat Marathon Runner
- I absolutely hate Rathians. They are impossible. They are the sole reason I'm confined to 6* missions

I also use the hunting horn and breastfeed in case you wanted to know

Are you playing on the Wii U version or 3DS version? If on the Wii U, I could help you beat the Rathian once and for all.

Nightblind249

Brachydios-I love beating this thing to death >:)
Stygian Zinogre- I have a love hate relationship with, So many emeralds and so many battles......... Fun fight though.

What armor do you use?
Stygian Zinogre's armor or the pumpkin one(F version). I switch between the two.

Alatreon, Deviljho, Lucent Nargacuga.... I'm not really sure which I hate the most outta these three. Alatreon-I've only killed twice, mostly due to bad parties. Deviljho-It will not stop eating me. Lucent Nargacuga-farming this critter's rare stuff isn't fun, see Alatreon for reason...

As for MH4 I can't wait to play it, not a big fan of the unicorns but I can skim over them. I just wish that it didn't take so long to localize them.

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
Been playing a lot of MH now after a fairly long break, just before uni starts up again for myself.

Atm in HR7, and beat all but the very last story mode quest. That arena quest with an Ivory Lagi, followed by a Brachy and Azure Rathalos at the same time... @_@

I use longswords (at least rn), so I have Edel's Ice (maxxed out ice sword), and trying to get to HR8 so I can continue with a fire one. Also got a (awaken) poison Naga sword and Brachy slime sword to upgrade as well. Not sure what armour set I should go for next, got G-rank Jaggi and Rath Heart at the moment.

FusionKT

*cough*
Been playing a lot of MH now after a fairly long break, just before uni starts up again for myself.

Atm in HR7, and beat all but the very last story mode quest. That arena quest with an Ivory Lagi, followed by a Brachy and Azure Rathalos at the same time... @_@

It doesn't help that they are all G rank strength.

I use longswords (at least rn), so I have Edel's Ice (maxxed out ice sword), and trying to get to HR8 so I can continue with a fire one. Also got a (awaken) poison Naga sword and Brachy slime sword to upgrade as well. Not sure what armour set I should go for next, got G-rank Jaggi and Rath Heart at the moment.

Narga Z armour is really nice if you dodge a lot.

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
Ah, I thought they might have been. Luckily the Rathalos and Brachy hurt each other a bit as well, so I just kept running about with dash juices, sneaking in hits when I could and dropping barrel bombs about, and then playing it defensively when the Brachy was raging (it's annoying enough without an Azure Rathalos trying to kill you at the same time too ;_;).

@ Narga Z armour I might check that out, given the number I'll have to kill to max out that sword. It has a slot and purple sharpness on top of poison, just a shame I'll have to gem for Awaken too.

Tyranitarquake

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAX!!!
I havent played 3U in quite a while now. I guess I lost motivation to play after beating it, but i still had a few things to do like beat the end game mons. I stopped at G rank silver rathalos which i found to be the hardest monster to battle in the whole game. Funny because rathalos and azure los are one of the easiest monsters for me to kill even at G rank they were stupid easy. I think my issue is that it literally never stops attacking, leaving me with very few openings. This leads me to eventually get comboed to hell or not being able to kill him on time (I've never ran out of time against him though cuz I get bored and end up dying earlier).

I've only used the fully upgraded ceadeus lance with Azure los armour against him. Does anyone have any tips on how to beat him? (solo, 3ds)

FusionKT

*cough*
I havent played 3U in quite a while now. I guess I lost motivation to play after beating it, but i still had a few things to do like beat the end game mons. I stopped at G rank silver rathalos which i found to be the hardest monster to battle in the whole game. Funny because rathalos and azure los are one of the easiest monsters for me to kill even at G rank they were stupid easy. I think my issue is that it literally never stops attacking, leaving me with very few openings. This leads me to eventually get comboed to hell or not being able to kill him on time (I've never ran out of time against him though cuz I get bored and end up dying earlier).

I've only used the fully upgraded ceadeus lance with Azure los armour against him. Does anyone have any tips on how to beat him? (solo, 3ds)

I don't know if you're against slime or not, but it makes just about everything a lot easier and should speed up the fight. Brachydios isn't too hard to farm for the weapons if you don't have them already.

Tyranitarquake

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAX!!!
I don't know if you're against slime or not, but it makes just about everything a lot easier and should speed up the fight. Brachydios isn't too hard to farm for the weapons if you don't have them already.

I have a fully upgraded Dios Axe which I havent used against him yet. The no-shield thing will probably get me murdered though. I've been playing a new female character this time to get accustomed to the game again (played recently and realised I became terrible) I'll probably play until end of low rank village, which should be enough retraining.