• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Monster Hunter

Mye

Someone has to win..
You don't need 3 others to beat Dalamadur. Find 2 people you know that's already cleared it.

Just need to learn to time the super dive so you can avoid it's one shot.

Yeah, beating it is actually pretty easy I think (you're referring to the giant sand-worm thingy that you fight on a boat, right?). Also, there appears to be a certain bug with that fight that allows you to carve it multiple times for loot, in which you carve it once on each side up to 5 times. Was how I got my brand new armor at least.

Ragnarok

#BeastMode
Staff member
Super Mod
Huh? Dah'ren Mohran? Nah not that monster. We're talking about the High Rank urgent.

It's a snake dragon that wraps around a mountain. Tedious but easy-ish fight if you know where to attack it and get the breaks (and learn how to superman dive).

And I don't think that's a bug unless you're talking about something else. You can get carves from it's mouth and body like Jhen Mohran. You can even get carves from it's mouth if you manage to topple it mid-battle. Most of the bigger elder dragon's these days have multiple carves at different parts of the body, Dalamadur included.

The real bug or "oversight" is people not waiting till it comes out fully to start attacking, which causes it to die and fall past the invisible wall, missing out on 4 carves. =P

Tyranitarquake

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAX!!!
Ragnarok said:
The real bug or "oversight" is people not waiting till it comes out fully to start attacking, which causes it to die and fall past the invisible wall, missing out on 4 carves. =P
The worst thing is when he dies he doesn't just drop dead, he makes sure to throw his body horizontal to get as much of his body into the outer border as possible.

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
Yeah, that is true. Some friends of mine managed to kill Mohran entirely into the loading zone and hence miss out on all the carves... I've avoided that thus far.

Had quite a good amount of hunting with friends - in fact, we got up to G1. Whoops. :V Got a Tetsucabra G-rank armour, and now will go back and enjoy the low/high rank quests with better defences, and finish off the story in hr9 as well.

Mye

Someone has to win..
Huh? Dah'ren Mohran? Nah not that monster. We're talking about the High Rank urgent.

It's a snake dragon that wraps around a mountain. Tedious but easy-ish fight if you know where to attack it and get the breaks (and learn how to superman dive).

And I don't think that's a bug unless you're talking about something else. You can get carves from it's mouth and body like Jhen Mohran. You can even get carves from it's mouth if you manage to topple it mid-battle. Most of the bigger elder dragon's these days have multiple carves at different parts of the body, Dalamadur included.

Yeesh, and I thought facing those two frenzied dragons was bad (mind you, I'm using dual-blades so I'm forced to go in close). Nabbed a bunch of armor pieces with slots too, not sure what they actually do though.

Ragnarok

#BeastMode
Staff member
Super Mod
Slots on weapons/armours/talismans are for decorations/jewels which add points towards unlocking a new armour skill on your set.

Some armour pieces give you points towards skills and with the right jewels you can top it up an activate that skill on your character.

Like say for instance my armour set when completed had 8 points towards Attack Up (S), with two decorations/jewels I forged I could attach them to the slots on my armour/weapon/talisman to activate the skill on that set. Talismans also give you points towards an armour skill and if possible I could use another jewel providing I had the required amount of slots on my weapon or armour (or even the talisman as well) to unlock that skill on the character.

Dragonite Fan

So I started playing and I'm actually having a lot of fun. This seems much better than MH3U, perhaps i'm just more receptive and feel less inclined to immediately understand everything.
I do have a couple of questions though:
1. When and how do I get my Palico to follow me? He's currently in my house and I don't know how to have him join.
2. How do I obtain the DLC (zelda stuff, red calico etc) in game after downloading?
3. Any tips for the egg retrieving mission? Can I make a gold egg appear or is it random? Any way to run faster or evade monsters more effectively while carrying an egg?

Akashin

So I started playing and I'm actually having a lot of fun. This seems much better than MH3U, perhaps i'm just more receptive and feel less inclined to immediately understand everything.
I do have a couple of questions though:
1. When and how do I get my Palico to follow me? He's currently in my house and I don't know how to have him join.
2. How do I obtain the DLC (zelda stuff, red calico etc) in game after downloading?
3. Any tips for the egg retrieving mission? Can I make a gold egg appear or is it random? Any way to run faster or evade monsters more effectively while carrying an egg?

1. Go to the board in your house and mark your Palico to Deploy.
2. The downloaded quests give you the material to make them.
3. It's random as far as I know. As for movement, there is an ability you won't have access to for a while yet that helps with carrying missions. Other than that, just pace yourself so you have Stamina when you really need it, and zigzag if you need to.

Last edited:

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
For carrying missions the monsters are really just there as an annoyance. As long as you're not stopped they can't hit you, other than sheer dumb luck, but that's unlikely.

Akashin

For carrying missions the monsters are really just there as an annoyance. As long as you're not stopped they can't hit you, other than sheer dumb luck, but that's unlikely.

I've had some awful luck with Palicos getting me from the side, but generally this is true too.

Can't forget that time a Gravios got me with a roar right before I could change screens, either.

Ragnarok

#BeastMode
Staff member
Super Mod
I actually built a dedicated transporting armour set so I could clear those dumb quests in a day and I recommend people do the same.

There are guides somewhere on how to do it and the parts aren't hard to find really.

Rakurai

Finally got around to reaching G Rank.

Dalamadur and Ukanlos were a lot easier then the quests leading up to them. Gold Rathian and Kushala Daora in particular were a pain; the former because of how difficult she is to damage properly until you break her head somehow, the latter because of that accursed wind barrier that can randomly lead to you getting hit if you happen to stumble right when it directs its attention to you.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Finally got around to reaching G Rank.

Dalamadur and Ukanlos were a lot easier then the quests leading up to them. Gold Rathian and Kushala Daora in particular were a pain; the former because of how difficult she is to damage properly until you break her head somehow, the latter because of that accursed wind barrier that can randomly lead to you getting hit if you happen to stumble right when it directs its attention to you.

It's her wings and legs that you want to attack. Or back, back is the best.

Rakurai

Her wings aren't in range of melee weapons unless she's tripped, and standing by her legs makes avoiding the spinning tail flip very difficult, so I ended up just trapping her and dumping some barrel bombs on her face to fix the issue.

Also, I kind of miss having Seregios crashing my quests, since now the Deviljho is back to harassing me at every opportunity possible like in 3U, and hitting those skinny legs of his is just as much of a pain as it was back then. Haven't had a single G rank expedition where he didn't show up so far, and it's made worse by the fact that only savage ones seem to appear if it's a rare expedition.

Mye

Someone has to win..
Managed to nab myself a few pieces of that red lv7-rarity cadet armor (mostly by leeching off lv10 missions). Also debating on upgrading multiple weapons, rather than just my gold-rarity dual blades. Is it usually reccomended to upgrade multiple weapons at once, or is this game like Destiny where the loot is kinda limited/forces you into one role?

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Managed to nab myself a few pieces of that red lv7-rarity cadet armor (mostly by leeching off lv10 missions). Also debating on upgrading multiple weapons, rather than just my gold-rarity dual blades. Is it usually reccomended to upgrade multiple weapons at once, or is this game like Destiny where the loot is kinda limited/forces you into one role?

You can fight a monster as many times as you want to get whatever you want. It is highly recommended to have at least different element versions of whatever your preferred weapon is, if not multiple elemental versions of different weapons.

Last edited:

XXD17

Draco rex
Has anyone beaten the three virtues DLC quest to get the link armor yet? I can't seem to get through without losing all my lives...I can get past the zinogre and the kirin but that last monster completely wipes me...

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Has anyone beaten the three virtues DLC quest to get the link armor yet? I can't seem to get through without losing all my lives...I can get past the zinogre and the kirin but that last monster completely wipes me...

What is the last monster?

Without knowing specifically, all I can say is use your time wisely, you have 50 minutes. Take your time so you don't get hit, doesn't matter in the end how much time you took.

Mye

Someone has to win..
Managed to hunt with a group of HR70's yesterday, and nabbed myself a ton of rathalos items. I've been thinking of adding a bow, but can't decide between a rarity-4 with 140 power/1 slot/200 water damage or a rarity-3 with 160power/2 slots/200 explosive damage.