• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

More US Names; Rotom & Battle Frontier + New Dex Entries Discussion

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
The US names for the remainder of the Pokémon Platinum details are now available and as such, we now have the new names for the alternate forms of Rotom. They are as follows;

* Cut Rotom is now known as Mow Rotom
* Spin Rotom is now known as Fan Rotom
* Frost Rotom keeps the same name in the US as Japan
* Heat Rotom keeps the same name in the US as Japan
* Wash Rotom keeps the same name in the US as Japan

The US names for the Three new Battle Facilities and their leaders have also been Revealed. They are as follows;

* Battle Stage is now known as Battle Hall
* Battle Roulette is now known as Battle Arcade
* Battle Castle keeps the same name in the US as Japan
* Match Place, where you re-battled Gym Leaders is now known as Battleground
* Stage Madonna Kate is now known as Hall Matron Argenta
* Castle Butler Cochran is now known as Castle Valet Darach
* Roulette Goddess Dahlia is now known as Arcade Star Dahlia. (stayed the same)

Also, a few other things have been localized such as items and locations:

* Match Place, where you re-battled Gym Leaders is now known as Battleground
* Platinum Orb is now Griseous Orb

Last edited by a moderator:

TSL

Mischievous.
Mow Rotom! How inventive.

Sweet stuff though.

Toastybob

Is this real life?
I'm still in denail about the fire rotom not being a toaster, but at least they didn't mess up the Battle Frontier names.

Shinobi5878

Resident Bad A**
I think they should have kept it as the Platinum orb. It sounded allot better than the Griseous or whatever.

But aside from that, I think some of the names don't sound to bad. The Battle Arcade isn't to bad. Sounds kinda kool. But what do I know?

t00lb0x31

< AzurePride (White)
i think the platinum orb name change is more fitting since the items for dialga and palkia arent called diamond and pearl orbs. the top trainer cafe name change is a bit ridiculous. its a cafe inside the building, it should have had some slong those lines in its name. maybe: the challenge diner or something like that? battleground is too boring/lame

Dragon~~pokémon~~trainer

The Pokémon Trainer
Weren't the other orbs called the Adamant Orb (fitting cause diamonds are hard) and Lustrous orb (fitting too, because pearls kinda shine)?

Anyway, I don't know what Griseous means, and I can't find it. I guess it has something to do with platinum.

Also, the battleground sounds great. I think they had to censor Café, cause they aren't the places kids normally hang out. And the real name of the top trainer café was Match Place anyway, so no Café anywhere in there.

The Battle Hall sounds kinds fun, but Stage had the feeling of a very populair show. Battle Arcade is really nice. Battle Castle is just obvious, it's a caste where you battle so what else could it be called? xD

Tytus

Iron Islander
Griseous Orb makes no sense!

"Griseous" refers to a sort of shiny gray, and that item is clearly gold or yellowish. Maybe it's not in reference to its color but.. whatever.

I do think it sounds better though. It fits better with Lustrous and Adamant than Platinum does.

PokemonHero

I can see the future
Griseous means "Mottled with gray, especially bluish gray; grizzled." So it is a fitting name for Giratina's orb, since it does go with Platinum.

I can see why they change Cut Rotom to Mow Rotom, though I still like the former name. However, I think they shouldn't have changed Spin Rotom. Fan Rotom sounds a little...odd to me. The other name changes are fine by me.

PokemonHero

I can see the future
Griseous Orb makes no sense!

"Griseous" refers to a sort of shiny gray, and that item is clearly gold or yellowish. Maybe it's not in reference to its color but.. whatever.

I do think it sounds better though. It fits better with Lustrous and Adamant than Platinum does.

It refers to platinum. Like someone already said, the Adament Orb refers to the toughness of diamonds and the Lustrous Orb refers to the shiny nature of pearls.

Lemonade

Griseous Orb?
Greasy Orb.
.__. Ew.

Also, Mow Rotom FTL. Cut Rotom sounded...gangsta. xD
"I'll cut you, *****!"
*shot*
I wanna know that the new frontier brains' dub names are more than anything.

R_N

Mow rotom doesn't have the same ring to it as Cut rotom, but it still fits.
I think Fan works better then spin, really.

Wasn't the Top Trainer Cafe actually called the Match Place? Regardless, Battleground is a good rename.

Griseous fits, as said before. "Grizzled" is certainly a better description of the so-called "orb", then Platinum.

Tytus

Iron Islander
It refers to platinum. Like someone already said, the Adament Orb refers to the toughness of diamonds and the Lustrous Orb refers to the shiny nature of pearls.

Indeed it does fit the description of the color of platinum, I'm just saying the item itself is not that color. Had Giratina's orb been silver or something (IMO it should have been), it would have been more fitting. I just think there are more appropriate descriptions that would apply to both.

No matter though, as there is nothing to do about it and it does sound good at least.

R_N

Indeed it does fit the description of the color of platinum, I'm just saying the item itself is not that color. Had Giratina's orb been silver or something (IMO it should have been), it would have been more fitting. I just think there are more appropriate descriptions that would apply to both.

No matter though, as there is nothing to do about it and it does sound good at least.
It fits better then Platinum Orb did. Platinum is silver, not yellow, darnit! At least Griseous has another connotation to it

I wanna know that the new frontier brains' dub names are more than anything.
Hopefully they keep the tree/plant/flower theme like their JP names. (I like that kind of stuff shut up)