• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mortal Kombat Appreciation

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Mortal Kombat is one of my top five favorite video game franchises and is a global heavyweight when it comes to fighting games. So I decided to start a topic where we can discuss our favorite characters and the games in general. My favorite characters are D’Vorrah, Kung Lao, Sheeva, Sindel, Nightwolf, Kitana, Skarlet, Jade, Mileena, Quan Chi, Sub Zero, Cyrax, Noob Saibot, And Ermac. MK 11 is my favorite game out of the entire series so far and I am hoping the next game will be just as good if not even better. What do you guys think of the Mortal Kombat games?

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
I really like them. My first MK game was 3 on my Game Boy. My favorite characters are Scorpion and Sub Zero.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I like Scorpion but he isn’t one of my favorite fighters. He’s close to being one though but it is mostly the Hanzo version that I like the best. I prefer Thunder Fire God Liu Kang over the other versions of him although the 3D era Zombie version almost beats Fire God. I haven’t played MK X because I don’t have an Xbox One or PS4 to play it on so I can’t say if I really like the fighters introduced in that game but are absent in MK 11 or not. Sareena is another favorite of mine because of her backstory and design but she’s only playable in two games and the more common of the two games doesn’t really make her shine enough to be noticeable outside of the MK X cutscenes. One power I’m really surprised that hasn’t been utilized yet in the series is total control over plant life. Cetrion comes close but she’s more of a life giving Elder Goddess than someone like Poison Ivy. Plant based powers would lead to interesting customization, variations, Move sets, Fatalities, and Brutalities. I mean we have four or five people who mainly use guns, three main cryomancers (four if you count Triborg), multiple fire based characters, necromancers, a guy that can control the earth, two time manipulators, and a lady that uses bugs to attack victims. Where is the plant based fighter?

Last edited:

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster
Huge fan, but the modern games are a little off-putting after Armegeddon...

I really wish they'd stick to video game 3rd-party characters instead of 4th-party ones as guests.

Or just, you know, bring back all past fighters, adjusted for the timeline changes.

That way, Western fighting game fans would yell at Smash less, since there'd be a West-focused alternative.

But no, Spawn and the T-800. Dangit Warner Bros.

*Weeps in Khamelon*

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Huge fan, but the modern games are a little off-putting after Armegeddon...

I really wish they'd stick to video game 3rd-party characters instead of 4th-party ones as guests.

Or just, you know, bring back all past fighters, adjusted for the timeline changes.

That way, Western fighting game fans would yell at Smash less, since there'd be a West-focused alternative.

But no, Spawn and the T-800. Dangit Warner Bros.

*Weeps in Khamelon*
I agree. Havik, Sareena, Li Mei, Asharah, Fujin, Nitara, Drahmin, And Kai all deserve a second chance. Especially Fujin and Sareena who got royally screwed over in MK X by Bo Rai Cho being DLC when the former two deserved it more. Fujin And Sareena were each playable in only two games and Bo Rai Cho was in three before MK X and even then his Fatalities were basically the same only with a couple of different animations. He was just plain out boring in MK X game wise. Meanwhile Fujin has all this potential for variations utilizing wind and aerial attacks and Sareena has been hinted to have a demon form that could possibly be even stronger and faster than her “human” form and they get shoved aside for some drunk guy very few players wanted. I’m okay with movie guest fighters as long as they are unique. Leatherface was a poor choice in my opinion because he was basically Jason with a chainsaw. He moved like Jason. He wielded the chainsaw like Jason with his machete. Even Leatherface’s Fatalities And Brutalities felt like discount Jason. Mavado, Daegon, And Taven also deserve to come back.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Mortal Kombat is, oddly enough, the reason I became a composer.

I first played MK2 when I was about 4 years old, and I fell in love with the music more than anything. I've been fortunate enough to meet Dan Forden, the lead composer for Mortal Kombat, and interview him for a college project.

Sadly, I've lost faith in the series since Mortal Kombat X, which I consider its worst title. However, I do enjoy Mortal Kombat 11, and I hope future titles are more enjoyable.

Let's go ahead and kick this thing off:

Favorite Title: Mortal Kombat 4
Favorite Male Character: Quan Chi
Favorite Female Character: Kitana, Tanya
Least Favorite Male Character: Scorpion
Least Favorite Female Character: Jacqui Briggs
Favorite Stage: House of Pekara
Favorite Boss: Shinnok
Favorite Sub-Boss: Motaro
Favorite Fatality: Hair Spin (Sindel), Mortal Kombat 3

Last edited:

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
The MK main series game I think is the weakest personally is Vs DC Universe only because of how they toned down the violence to a ridiculous level and the Fatalities being mostly boring and lame. Especially the gunshot ones which wouldn’t be so bad if Superman wasn’t in the game. Seriously, how is it considered a Fatality when the Joker shoots Superman offscreen And it is common knowledge that bullets are ineffective against the hero? Everyone knows that bullets would bounce off of Superman. Even those who don’t read the comics or seen any of his movies. The game was basically an Injustice prototype. The fighting system and mechanics are great but it was the toned down finishers and violence that made it not that great.

DioBrandoTHEWORLD

Mad Scientist!
I've played almost all of them. Armageddon and MK vs DC I only played a little. My favorite was Mortal Kombat 9, they had everything on the right spot there, played it on PS3 and even finished all the trophies for the game.

LadyTriox

I have a boyfriend now; I am his princess❤️
I have heard these games have like a good amount of blood from a close friend lol

But I do tend to typically like fighting games. Prefer less blood to more, for sure, though (i'm glad smash bros has no blood what so ever).

I like the mortal kombat hello kitty video on youtube, its fun hearing hello kitty stuff act all tough xD

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I’m annoyed that I had to pay $7 for three skins that should have been included in the Kombat Pack. I paid over $100 for both the digital version of MK 11 plus the Kombat Pack which gave us costume packs like Klassic Ninjas and Klassic Fighters but the Halloween one couldn’t be bothered to be included? Each of the Skin packs cost just as much as the Halloween one when bought individually.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
I’m annoyed that I had to pay $7 for three skins that should have been included in the Kombat Pack. I paid over $100 for both the digital version of MK 11 plus the Kombat Pack which gave us costume packs like Klassic Ninjas and Klassic Fighters but the Halloween one couldn’t be bothered to be included? Each of the Skin packs cost just as much as the Halloween one when bought individually.
Don't blame ya there. Hate when game companies over do on paid DLC.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Don't blame ya there. Hate when game companies over do on paid DLC.
I know, right? Kombat Pack is basically a Season 1 Pass and should include ALL paid DLC no matter what. Season Pass games always give out all of the DLC when you buy the Pass or Pack. Smash Bros I kinda understand not including Costumes in the Fighter Pass because that Pass is mainly for all of the DLC fighters and not all of the DLC. But there’s no excuse for what Nether Realm Studios did here as Skins and new characters are what the Kombat Pack is comprised of.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
I know, right? Kombat Pack is basically a Season 1 Pass and should include ALL paid DLC no matter what. Season Pass games always give out all of the DLC when you buy the Pass or Pack. Smash Bros I kinda understand not including Costumes in the Fighter Pass because that Pass is mainly for all of the DLC fighters and not all of the DLC. But there’s no excuse for what Nether Realm Studios did here as Skins and new characters are what the Kombat Pack is comprised of.
Agreed, since you're already paying more than enough for it. Yep.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I’ve seen online a lot of people are upset to the most likely non-canon revelation that Sindel was always evil. I have a theory about that. I think this Sindel is from an alternate timeline that Kronika created to be pure evil to help her with her ultimate vision of the perfect timeline. This alternate timeline had many different changes to it such as the DC vs MK game happening and being canon in that version of the timeline and Shinnok being successful with conquering Edenia. Kronika has creat3d many versions of Raiden and Liu Kang And manipulated their personalities so they would eventually end up fighting each other in each new timeline to reach the Titan’s ultimate goal but something always goes wrong. So Kronika not only pulled this version of Sindel into the current timeline from that specific timeline but also placed her in an alternate holding dimension like she did with Shang Tsung because Kronika knew this Sindel was massively powerful.