• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Most Aggressive/Brutish Pokémon

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Just asking this out of curiosity, but which Pokémon do you think are the most tough, brutish, aggressive, etc?

A few examples I can think of are Gyarados, Primeape, Grimmsnarl & Hydreigon, though some pokémon like Purugly, Hattrem, & Noivern fit this category too based on their pokédex entries

Last edited:

nel3

Crimson Dragon
thats a tough tie breaker to choose. for me its either Minun or Aggron (though hacks'r us) would be rather frightening to be chased by.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Hatterene’s entire evolution line beats you up simply for having emotions

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
Pretty much the Tapus can be described as aggressive if you annoy them, Tapu Lele being the nastiest of the bunch with the Pokedex describing it as “guilelessly cruel”. Also shout outs to Impidimp and Morgrem as well as Hattrem and Hatterene.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
just asking this out of curiosity, but which Pokémon do you think are the most tough, brutish, aggressive, etc?

A few examples I can think of are Gyarados, Primeape, Grimmsnarl & Hydreigon, though some pokémon like Purugly, Hattrem, & Noivern fit this category based on their pokédex entries
Believe it or not, an Alolan Meowth fits this category pretty well. They have a tough, brutish and aggressive side. Depending on how well-trained they are, they can even take on Pokemon like Gyarados, Primeape and Hydreigon by complete surprise due to their seemingly weak body structure and this is all before they evolve into an Alolan Persian which is like ten times more brutal.

Aduro

Mt.BtlMaster
The Ultra Beasts have a fairly consistent theme of being destructive.
Blacephalon just walks up to random people and explodes.
Poipole is there version of a cute starter, and it laughs while spraying poison everywhere.
Guzzlord devours mountains and buildings
Kartana was seen slicing steel buildings apart
Celesteela has burned down entire forests
Buzzwole OHKO'd a truck
Nihilego uses a neuro toxin to turn people violent and crazy.

It might partly be due to them freaking out at being in a strange place or rejecting this strange reality. But Ultra Beasts are almost all quick to destroy their enemies the minute the reach the main universe.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Hydreigon. It's even called the Brutal Pokémon. It snaps at everything in its line of sight, sometimes even chomping them down. Ghetsis' Hydreigon is the most famous member of this species, and he somehow evolved it ten levels early. Maybe he's just so evil, he's willing to cheat and hack his way to victory? o_O

SerenaRulez

Gyarados is like a killing machine and I remember an image from the cartoon where a Gyarados was seen burning a city to the ground so I think that shows how brutal it can be.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
While Gardevoir doesn't look terrifying it's not one to anger, black holes are nothing to scoff at.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Zeraora's Dex entries sound rather brutal.

Ultra Sun:
It electrifies its claws and tears its opponents apart with them. Even if they dodge its attack, they’ll be electrocuted by the flying sparks.

Ultra Moon:
It approaches its enemies at the speed of lightning, then tears them limb from limb with its sharp claws.

So it basically dismembers its enemies with electricity? :eek:

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Gyarados is only aggressive because everyone treated it terribly as a Magikarp

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur

Maybe Gyarados is sort of getting revenge on the people who thought Magikarp was useless. I remember in the S.S. Anne episode of the anime, James called a Magikarp a "good-for-nothing fish", and it later evolved into Gyarados and destroyed the ship.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Maybe Gyarados is sort of getting revenge on the people who thought Magikarp was useless. I remember in the S.S. Anne episode of the anime, James called a Magikarp a "good-for-nothing fish", and it later evolved into Gyarados and destroyed the ship.
That's EXACTLY what I mean

Aduro

Mt.BtlMaster

Being hte universe's punchbag doesn't help. But it could be nature as well.
The Ruby dex entry hints at a change in its brain.

When Magikarp evolves into Gyarados, its brain cells undergo a structural transformation. It is said that this transformation is to blame for this Pokémon's wildly violent nature.