• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Most Annoying & Disruptive Status Condition

Most disruptive/anoying status condition

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GuardChomp

(︶_︶)╭∩╮
tired of repeating myself but, read the title, vote & discuss.

Niihyl

Posthuman
Infatuation would be really annoying (it doesn't wear off) if it was more common, but it almost never happens, so it's not really a problem.

Burns aren't too bad, since I pretty much only use Special Attackers.

Paralysis. pisses. me. off. Gawd.

Poison... depends on if I have antidotes or not. Not that bad, no stat drop.

Freeze, I've never been frozen before. Like, it's never really happened to me.

Sleep is pretty bad, especially when facing Darkrai. God, I hate my friends.

Confusion wears off, but it's annoying.

Taunt. Being taunted sucks, unless I'm running a sweeper.

So overall... Paralysis. Maybe Burn. Or Sleep?

Moonlight_Tails

Nocturnal Trainer
Infatuation is most annoying cause there are no Items readily available to cure it in battle. either have switch out or use red flute.

Sapphire_Pichu

I hate Ringo...
I think THE most annoying status change for me is Sleep and Poison. I hate being poisoned and forgetting to pick up antidotes before-hand, and same with sleep. I don't prep well for battle, lol. Part of it is because I always run out of money, and other part is just that I forget :p

pokefantravis

The Poke-Pimp
Parahax, need I say more?

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
Sleep is probably the most annoying.

Freezing would be too, but it's so uncommon.

Redphienix

41 Days of Black
Paralysis by far, having my strats ruined by that drop in speed, or my stubbornness making my ally in double battle do the work while I constantly try to do a move and end with "Can't move due to paralysis".

Mainly the speed thing.

Grei

not the color
I find Burn to be very obnoxious.

Though the worst is Infatuation. It's a form of paralysis that can have confusion and another status condition (like burn or, even worse, paralysis) stacked on top of it. *shudders*

Electric

Paralysis. Static should be banned from competitive play. They already banned Blaziken, a starter Pokemon, so just ban Static. Also, Hydreigon is immune to ground type attacks, so ban that also.

Meowth City

Staff member
I always have the worst luck with infatuation. I swear it like 90% of the time, my Pokemon are just helpless.

pokefantravis

The Poke-Pimp
Also, Hydreigon is immune to ground type attacks, so ban that also.

So you are saying that anything that is either flying type or has the ability Levitate should be banned?

Xman96

Fighting Leader
Paralysis. Static should be banned from competitive play. They already banned Blaziken, a starter Pokemon, so just ban Static. Also, Hydreigon is immune to ground type attacks, so ban that also.

This is a pretty dumb thing to say. Blaziken is just broken because there is next to no counter for him. Paralysis is annoying, but isn't gamebreaking. Why the heck would they ban Hydreigon because it's immune to ground attacks?! SHould they ban Ground types because they're immune to Electric attacks?

On topic. Paralysis. Simply because it can ruin any sweeper with the lowering of speed.

ArteMagica

Love. Honor. Truth
Sleep. I hate it when my Pokémon go to sleep. Every turn you hope they will wake up, but they only wake up when you least expect them too. It foils all of my plans because the Pokémon is ready to faint. -.-

TheHauntedOne

evil tofu!!!
I think being frozen and asleep sucks the most. At least with sleep you usually wake up in a few turns, but it seems like it takes forever to thaw out in a battle. (if you even thaw out at all...)

Badly poison for walls and para for sweepers, that easy.

However if infatuation was more common it might be on my list. I tried a female Hydreigon with attract on PO once and it did extraordinary well.

Uncle_Starburst

Being trapped back in the days of Generation I.
Oh god it was horrible...

Although for the current Generation I would have to say Burn seeing as most of my Pokemon are physically based.