• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Most annoying Gym Leader?

Who was the most annoying?

• Roxanne

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Brawly

Votes: 21 8.2%
  • Wattson

Votes: 27 10.5%
  • Flannery

Votes: 14 5.5%
  • Norman

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • Winona

Votes: 25 9.8%
  • Tate & Liza

Votes: 92 35.9%
  • Wallace (Ruby & Sapphire)

Votes: 7 2.7%
  • Juan (Emerald)

Votes: 18 7.0%

• Total voters

ground tamer

Hahahahahaha
Winona always seemed to give me trouble. That EQing DDancing Altaria can cause problems to anyteam up to that point.

Bestemnx

SOUL SILVAHHH
I just restarted Ruby and have totally forgotten the Hoenn region....but, so far, Norman.

THOSE SLAKINGS. Oh my god. You had to get lucky with those things. I beat the last one with like...a lvl 13 poochyena because his last Slaking kept losing focus and started loafting around. Took me 7 tries to beat him.

Could of went easier on his daughter. ;___;

UPDATE: Ooooh no. Wanda and her dang Altaria. Kept Dragon Dancing or whatever and 1-KOing my pokemon with earthquake. Lordy, most people don't have random ice pokemon laying around in sapphire.

Last edited:

regik7

tate and liza pushed my buttons. double battles weren't easy and she killed my blaziken with her psychics

but flanerry is HOT!

shinyspilingeo

Pokemon Master
I couldnt beat Wonda's Skarmory for some reason it was a pain

Mewtheruler

I LURVS GIRATINA!!!!
The very first time I played Ruby, I got really stuck on Tate and Liza. I had a Swampert, a water type, super-effective against Solrock and Lunatone, and yet for some reason I simply could not beat them, and it took me about six tries.

wow that's like telling my story except for me it was a lot harder cause my Mightyena wouldn't level up cause it kept on dying (I mean fainting. Also spelling) Yeah those two were challenging

tom_96

Super water trainer
Tate and Liza, no discussion!

But what ticked me of about Winoa or whatever she's called was her Altaria. Tell me, HOW COULD AN ALTARIA USE EARTHQUAKE????!!!

poix_the_yak

I stay noided
Juan was the most annoying for me, even though it only took 2 tries. His kingdra kept using rest and got me out of pp for my only useful move, then it took forever to kill him with- *i cant remember what move...*

darkflamesofsarrow

Dragon Trainer
i would have to say wallice seeing that i base my pokemon around fire and dragons everyone else i beat first try i think i beat him too first try but i was on my last pokemon and all its health was almost gone and what saved me was a critical hit

CharizardMaster

Belgian Waffles!!!
Tate and Liza annoyed me to tears especially in Emerald when they had MORE pokemon.

>Ducky<

everyone went kinda smooth for me :p although on my first hoenn game i had problems with roxanne, because i still had got a torchic without the fighting move double kick :), and rock is super against fire :p

Thunderhead

The Worst Nightmare
Dewford Gym!
I came back to the Gym, after I left(on my first run), then I came back and got the badge.
The only reason why I wasn't able to beat it the first time is the fact that my Ralts was about lv13, and my starter barley did anything.

After that everything was easy, because this was also my first run with a balanced team :), and that team got to LV55ish

DanChimchar

Friends are Diamonds
Oh god Juan! Okay so I wipped out his whole team and then Kingdra!!! (Just like you Moonlight Murkrow96) Anyways I had 99 Super Potions (No hack I just had a lot of money back then :)) So I had to use them all since all my Pokemon died I had no revives and I had to use my Miydeita (Spelling) Which wasn't really good since I had just caught it and never really used him. So after all my Super Potions where gone his Kingdra killed itself by using Struggle since all of it's moves had no more PP since it had use it on all my other Pokemon. Ah man that was a tough battle for me

frozenthunder

Master Breeder
norman is the one that gave me trouble cuz his normal types have health to outlive some of my most devestating attcks and they get a power bost if they have a status condition so they beat a few of my pokemon before i had the chance to beat him

Absol trainer

Hidden Valley...
Wattson. My whole team was weak to electric, and kept getting killed by spark. The only reason I won there was for mud-slap having the accuracy drop XD.