• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Most annoying gym leader

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lareon

Yeah.... You're right. Her Altaria is very strong and she has a very good team to face a strong trainer. Another threat is the 4th gym leader. Her Torkoal is a nuisance.

Greatemboar

The White Warrior
Yeah.... You're right. Her Altaria is very strong and she has a very good team to face a strong trainer. Another threat is the 4th gym leader. Her Torkoal is a nuisance.

Flannery is no bother just taught Grovyle dig and had Pelipper with me. 7th gym leaders in Emerald are annoying though

Razor Leafeon

The Shadow Remains Cast!
I could never seem to get over Wallace. Dang one hit kill hydro pump....

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
For me it was usually Brawly and Winona. But I guess I sort of blame myself for having a hard time against the former; I usually neglected training before that Gym battle. :x

Cheez Puf

Just lurking.
I always had trouble with Brawly, for some reason. Also, Liza and Tate are always a formidable opponent.

Wow, I had no idea others had a hard time with Winona... I've never had any real trouble with Winona, mostly because I always pick Swampert and teach him Ice Beam in preparation for the rival battle on Route 119.

SlenderMan0

Destroyed&Recreated
I always hated the twins.
Damn Solrock and Lunatone was a pain back then...

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Liza and Tate were (and still are) probably the biggest nuisances for me, if not Flannery. It was probably because I still wasn't used to double battles, and I wasn't too sure on the dual-types their Hoenn Pokémon had. Also, abilities alluded me for the longest time, so that didn't help.

I don't remember having much trouble with the Twins for some reason. Maybe I just don't remember. But Brawly has always given me issues and Winnoa was troublesome as well. Brawly always sweeps my team after using Bulk Up repeatedly and I didn't train enough before the Gym each time I faced him.

TheShiningCaterpie

Shiny Collector
Brawly was always the hardest for me, ever since I started playing pokemon I've had a hard time with fighting-type trainers, I just never seem to have a pokemon in my team that is effective against fighting types...

Raiin

Johto Boy
Liz and Tate. Good god the frustration they caused me and my Blaziken... Good memories lol

ashhatter

Why does Norman has to use a potion every time i almost ko'ed his slaking?

Placa

Aspiring Trainer
Liza and Tate gave me a really hard time, but I found them somewhat manageable. The hardest for me was definitely Brawly, unless I spent forever grinding a Taillow, his Makuhita would thump me every time without fail.

For some reason, I could not do Tate and Liza. They just took me so many tries, it was crazy! Flannery was hard too, because of her Torkoal's overheat.

Greatemboar

The White Warrior
Liza and Tate gave me a really hard time, but I found them somewhat manageable. The hardest for me was definitely Brawly, unless I spent forever grinding a Taillow, his Makuhita would thump me every time without fail.

Since I was playing emerald I caught Sableye to take out Brawly

Shadow XD001

Tate & Liza were pretty annoying in their Double Battle (which was actually a pretty cool idea for a Gym) and also Wattson always seemed annoying whenever Treecko was my starter.

Torchic & Mudkip are definitely much better for Wattson if you evolve them.

Status
Not open for further replies.