1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Most annoying gym leader

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation III Discussion' started by Greatemboar, Mar 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Greatemboar

Greatemboar The White Warrior

We all have the gym leader we just want to remove from the game because of at least 1 pokemon.

So here is the big question which is the most annoying gym leader in Ruby Sapphire or Emerald in your opinion?

Mine is Winona that Altaria is a nightmare in Emerald.

2. Lareon

Lareon Well-Known Member

Yeah.... You're right. Her Altaria is very strong and she has a very good team to face a strong trainer. Another threat is the 4th gym leader. Her Torkoal is a nuisance.

3. Greatemboar

Flannery is no bother just taught Grovyle dig and had Pelipper with me. 7th gym leaders in Emerald are annoying though

4. Razor Leafeon

Razor Leafeon The Shadow Remains Cast!

I could never seem to get over Wallace. Dang one hit kill hydro pump....

5. Lorde

Lorde Banned

For me it was usually Brawly and Winona. But I guess I sort of blame myself for having a hard time against the former; I usually neglected training before that Gym battle. :x

6. winona. her FRIKIN ALTARIA

7. Cheez Puf

Cheez Puf Just lurking.

I always had trouble with Brawly, for some reason. Also, Liza and Tate are always a formidable opponent.

Wow, I had no idea others had a hard time with Winona... I've never had any real trouble with Winona, mostly because I always pick Swampert and teach him Ice Beam in preparation for the rival battle on Route 119.

8. SlenderMan0

SlenderMan0 Destroyed&Recreated

I always hated the twins.
    Damn Solrock and Lunatone was a pain back then...

9. Kutie Pie

Kutie Pie 桜咲くこの坂を今も上っている

Liza and Tate were (and still are) probably the biggest nuisances for me, if not Flannery. It was probably because I still wasn't used to double battles, and I wasn't too sure on the dual-types their Hoenn Pokémon had. Also, abilities alluded me for the longest time, so that didn't help.

10. AuroriumX

AuroriumX The Interceptor

Liza and Tate raped my team god knows how many times. Lunatone and Solrock were a pain in the neck.

11. I don't remember having much trouble with the Twins for some reason. Maybe I just don't remember. But Brawly has always given me issues and Winnoa was troublesome as well. Brawly always sweeps my team after using Bulk Up repeatedly and I didn't train enough before the Gym each time I faced him.

12. Estellise

Estellise freeze!

I had one hell of a time with Liza and Tate. They always KOed my Blaziken in the first turn. :,( :608:

13. Greatemboar

I had the same problem so I restarted and went with Treecko and it swept their team

14. TheShiningCaterpie

TheShiningCaterpie Shiny Collector

Brawly was always the hardest for me, ever since I started playing pokemon I've had a hard time with fighting-type trainers, I just never seem to have a pokemon in my team that is effective against fighting types...

15. Raiin

Raiin Johto Boy

Liz and Tate. Good god the frustration they caused me and my Blaziken... Good memories lol

16. ashhatter

ashhatter New Member

Why does Norman has to use a potion every time i almost ko'ed his slaking?

17. Placa

Placa Aspiring Trainer

Liza and Tate gave me a really hard time, but I found them somewhat manageable. The hardest for me was definitely Brawly, unless I spent forever grinding a Taillow, his Makuhita would thump me every time without fail.

18. Plus side down side

Plus side down side Lass Trainer

For some reason, I could not do Tate and Liza. They just took me so many tries, it was crazy! Flannery was hard too, because of her Torkoal's overheat.

19. Greatemboar

Since I was playing emerald I caught Sableye to take out Brawly

20. Shadow XD001

Shadow XD001 Silver Soul

Tate & Liza were pretty annoying in their Double Battle (which was actually a pretty cool idea for a Gym) and also Wattson always seemed annoying whenever Treecko was my starter.

Torchic & Mudkip are definitely much better for Wattson if you evolve them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.