• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Most annoying gym leader

Status
Not open for further replies.

Murder Doll

Button Presser
O Gosh Tate and Liza where annoying...thanks for reminding me of them ._.

Up until BW I only trained 1 pokemon in my team and the rest remained low level to hell.

That made them very annoying to beat.

Kuvario

I am who I am...because of them.
I'd really have to say Wattson, Flannery, and Norman. Wattson is tough when I pick Grovyle because I need to level it up very high to brute force my way through the gym. Flannery is for the same reason as well, I never had a good Water Type by that point. Then Norman's Slaking is so OP by then, luckily my starter always evolves into it's last stage by this point.

Teebu

O Gosh Tate and Liza where annoying...thanks for reminding me of them ._.

Up until BW I only trained 1 pokemon in my team and the rest remained low level to hell.

That made them very annoying to beat.

Well... That's your fault for a seriously dumb strategy lol ;)

Flannery without doubt, damn that torkoal and overheat. One of the few gym leaders in games I actually struggled against.

Trolgon

Trainer McSwagerton
Totally agree, Her ;227; wasn't a big deal do to my ;324;, her pelliper and swellow was a nuicance. But her Altaria with moves such as earthquake was truly a beast.
Winona was such a mean card Game Freak played T.T
That Altaria was the biggest challenge in anyone's childhood.

Last edited:

majormanafemale

Norman was struggle it just takes patients and potions to beat him Winonas altaria is the worst. Tate and Liza aren't that hard if you have a water type pokémon thats leveled fairly well.

Prakhar

Normal: The abnormal
Wattson for me,
I always choose grass type starters (except chespin, i hate fighting types) so all i did was stock up on super potion and x attacks for my vigoroth. In my earlier playthrough i caught a geodude with magnitude (take that magneton!).

I'd say Brawly. No matter what, with him, I get utterly destroyed and have to resort to using a Sableye to chip down damage. Norman's pretty bad too, but he's nothing if you get a Lairon by this point. By then, even his Slaking isn't that tough.

C O C O

Tate and Liza tbh. Light Screen and Sunny Day crushes the Surf Spam.

ilovemyumbreon

Holding a Moon Shard
Tate and Liza seriously. When I was younger I could not beat them in Emerald for the life of me. So, I want to the Safari Zone, caught 6 Wobbefet, spammed them with Destiny Bond, won, but then I started a new game anyway.
I can scarcely remember a Gym Leader's team, but I will never forget Claydol, Xatu, Solrock, and Lunatone because I spent so much time facing them over and over.

Last edited:

Dedenne1

6th generation lover
Tate and Liza light screen and sunny day kills my chances with my hydro pump and surf. Also it takes out my Swampert immediately using solar beam

AMV3021

Shiny Pokemon Hunter
Braly was pretty tough in my opinion, knowing what pokemon he has doesn't help since they're so darn bulky :/ and you're still near the begining.

Homax

I used to wipe alot on the flying arena when I was playing ruby originally

PokemonMegaBeast

Im Still Here!
Winona why? Dragon Dance altaria it always every time with me sets up 2-3 then aerial ace earthquakes and the dragon breath us just annoying from paralysis

i absolutely dread brawly every single time. he would completely obliterate me, no matter how much time i spent trying to prepare. the runner up for me was almost always flannery, until i took the time to raise up a gardevoir with double team and calm mind to pull a mixed spec. waller/sweeper. flannery hasn't given me any trouble since then....but brawly....omg...brawly....

Ib4

Xenlon Cavalier
Tate and Liza seriously. When I was younger I could not beat them in Emerald for the life of me. So, I want to the Safari Zone, caught 6 Wobbefet, spammed them with Destiny Bond, won, but then I started a new game anyway.

I love this strategy. Hilarious but effective.

I struggled some with Winona in Emerald, but honestly not many others. Although that may have been because I really only had 2 viable Pokemon for most of Emerald- Blaziken and Breloom.
I beat the Emerald E4 with a Lv 82 Rayquaza, Lv 74 Blaziken, and Lv 52 Breloom. I also had a Lv 18 Makuhita, Lv 28 Azumarill, and a Lv 17 Shiftry.
You might say strategy was not my strong suit 9 years ago.

Edd the Huntsman

A British Bloke
Let's go down a list on what I thought of each Gym Leader.

Roxanne: Her Nosepass DOMINATED me in my first playthrough of Emerald because 90% of the time, my Water Gun kept friggin' missing.
Brawly: Makuhita can bite me.
Wattson: High damaging move that never misses and a startling lack of good places to grind for the Gym.
Flannery: Hot, but her Torkoal can mess you up if you're not prepared. That's why I brought Gyarados.
Norman: One word: TEDIOUS. I took advantage of his Slaking's *Ahem* 'Ability', and the fact that all he ever seemed to use was Counter, I just went in a Heal, Attack, something that doesn't involve attacking, attack, pattern and whittled his health down PAINFULLY slowly.
Flying-Type Lady: No problem. I had Gyarados, and he had Dragon Rage. 10 PP, 40 HP each, bam. No problem.
Tate & Liza: Solrock can bite me, the rest was relatively easy. 'Specially that Lunatone. No attacking moves. Literally.
Juan: ...Not there yet in my current playthrough, and I can't remember for the life of me what he was like in my first playthrough.

... I never actually finished that first playthrough, now that I think about it. I only ever got to that Dragon-Type sailor bloke in the Elite 4.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.