• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Most annoying gym leader

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoulMuse

Shadow of nothing
Tate and Liza. At least a long time ago. I need to rebeat emerald more recently to say for sure....

Savanny Killersaurus

In Another Castle
I remember Winona and Tate and Liza completely obliterating my team in Ruby. I almost cried fighting Winona.

Aquarelle

Staff member
The most annoying for me was Wallace on Ruby. My battle against him took forever because that Milotic just wouldn't go down. Winona was also annoying because during my Ruby playthrough, none of my Pokemon were good Altaria counters.

Jirachi Dude

No gen 4 or 5
The alt aria that belongs to winona was the worst thing EVER! It caused me to give up for a year, then restart my save file.

PKMNinja

Black Ninja
The 7th gym. The dual leaders were hard. It toook my about say twenty times. I just had to focus all my power on one side of the pokemon to win.

Greatemboar

The White Warrior
The 7th gym. The dual leaders were hard. It toook my about say twenty times. I just had to focus all my power on one side of the pokemon to win.

Really? Gardevoir learns Imprison around level 35 so you can stop that psychic and calm mind those annoying psychic types use

PokemonOwn

For me it was usually Brawly and Winona. But I guess I sort of blame myself for having a hard time against the former; I usually neglected training before that Gym battle. :x

Yep. I didn't train right for Brawly eaither :(

So for me it was Brawly and Tate/Liza.

Cmack102

Hands down Winona, starting with Blaziken and with my second being Breloom, it was horrible to say the least, glad there was no Cotton Guard in that generation..

Tate and Liza come a very close second.

ashiemore

With Tate&Liza I completely forgot that Blaziken was weak against psychic types, so I put Blaziken and Gardevoir up bu then the Lunatone got in Psychic and OHKOed my Blaziken. It took me three tries to finally win xD

I don't know why everyone thinks winona is so annoying, she was really easy on Emerald for me.

~ashiemore

elitegirl123

Magma Admin Courtney
Winona. I lost to her the first time I battled. Altaria is the reason! I already beat the game already though! XD

kankoon11

The gyms were actually pretty easy especially the duo silence and lunatone due to my swampert and mitotic. The elite four in emerald is what I had problems with

ChuckNorris

I always had trouble with Brawly. His gym was annoying to navigate also.

Everlasting

Everything stays.
Roxanne was a nightmare to me. I had chosen a Torchic and I put it at level 15 (Roxanne's higher level) without evolving it because I was quite lazy. I also had a Ralts (pretty useful) and Surskit. Surskit's Bubble wasn't enough to Nosepass and I lost at least 5 times to her before finally defeating her. Then there's Flannery.
Flannery, gosh... At least my Combusken was there and Masquerain too. Her Overheat-spamming Torkoal was annoying.

Last edited:

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Tate & Liza.

...The amount of times I lost to them because of their annoying double battle.

And Winnona. That gosh darn Skarmory won't ever stop killing my Pokemon.

Status
Not open for further replies.