• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Most annoying gym leader

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shymain

Shaymin Lover
For some strange reason, Wattson always managed to frustrate me multiple times before I won. Which is saying something, as Whitney's Miltank is nothing to me.

Tate & Liza are probably the most annoying ones... And Wattson paralyzed my Pokemon all the time, that wasn't fun either. And Norman's extreme recovery items usage is frutstrating too...

I don't see what's so hard about Winona, Ice Beam takes care of that Awesometaria (my nickname for Altaria, I love that Pokemon).

anothername

lol brock (back then when I had yellow) for some strange reason pikachu's attacks didn't work on onix as well as it did in the anime

nickabc725

Hoenn Hornist
Flannery used to plow me back when I played Sapphire, her torkoal with attract and overheat was just evil.

Codeepfly

MyCaruba
Facing Norman for the first few times is so annoying due to his damn Slakings+use of hyper potions :/
The 7th gym leaders were also annoying for similar reasons.

I agree does he really need more than one slaking? It's just a pain.

Winona she was the one for me. I could take her team out easly intill it came to her last one. I couldn't do one attack on that thing before it swept my whole team.

SpoinkyPearl

Liza and Tate, SERIOUSLY AAAAAARGH I've ALWAYS have multiple troubles with the duo! They're like super easy in R/S since they only have two Pokémons but in Emerald they're a real pain. Earthquakes + Sunny Day = killing all your Pokémon expect the Flying type, destroying your Grass type and making your Water Pokémon useless. And, unfortunately, I still haven't beat them in my Emerald... (3rd time going trough the game).

I've also had a little trouble with Juan sometimes. The biggest problem is his Kingdra, who usually drops my Dragon Pokémon dead with Ice Beam and that'a annoying. But even though he's a little tough cookie, he's NOTHING compared to Liza and Tate in Emerald!

orochi

Hmmm whats his name....WATSON! Ugh, I usually choose treeko so beating him is a pain DX....steel electric combo >.>

NPT

Just a member
Tate and Liza are the annoying ones, they gave me hard time in the Mossdeep City gym.

ToeyJoey

The Count
I feel bad forgot the name. But the electric type gym leader. Even with aron I couldn't beat him. I also had trouble with twins a while ago but did again first try won but yeah that's about it.

Aron isn't a ground type though, and only gets Mud Slap... Doesn't it?

cxinlee

Lc ftw
Damn it Tate and lisa took me at least 20 tries. My team was 10 levels below, but hey 20 is a lot. I dunno but I think wattson took me a weak, and I won by 1 hp.

ToeyJoey

The Count
Wattson and Lize & Tate seems to be the concensus, the difference was, I was at a good level for Liza and Tate, not so much for Wattson.

whowantshoney

Melancholic Trainer
Wattson and Lize & Tate seems to be the concensus, the difference was, I was at a good level for Liza and Tate, not so much for Wattson.

Opposite for me, most of the time I always train only 1 pokemon and others were just HM slaves.

Status
Not open for further replies.