• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Most annoying gym leader

Status
Not open for further replies.

classic myth

Gen One Veteran
Iv had some issues with the second gym leader and the grass starter....

The 8th was some what annoying...

Tyrantrum

I had issues with Norman, trying to defeat him I think because I had no real good rock or fighting types.

chess-z

campy vampire
Tate and Liz, all the way. The earthquakes and psychics.

lanternaq

Brawly because oh Makuhita and Winona because of Altaria

HanbeiCat

TheAll-KnowingHanbei
Tate and Liza for sure. I hated them for every playthrough I've done, no matter what Pokemon I raised up or what starter I chose. They're just hard! xD

AwesomeGrovyle

Local Cryptid
Norman was the hardest for me... Always got to Slaking and then it just took out my team... I really didn't have any Fighting types... Ended up getting lucky and beat him with Ludicolo. ;-; Was a kid and had just got into Pokemon too.

user_error

it's all your fault
Wallace for his milotic. I would sweep through his team, then he would throw out his milotic and I would be destroyed.

Starfosaken

Clad In Shadows
Norman is the toughest for me because you have almost nothing in between Flannery and him to train your team, so my team is pretty much at the same level as it was against Flannery. Also, most of the times, I don't have a Fighting type Pokémon with me so I'm always screwed against him :D

FLAMEBOY

Winona was such a mean card Game Freak played T.T
That Altaria was the biggest challenge in anyone's childhood.

Probably Tate and Liza. That double battle just kills me every time, even with Swampert.

mellowrush

Norman....First off I found pretty annoying the battles with the trainer before him, since I had to go back and forth through multiple doors just to finish them all
Then the battle with him was somewhat frustrating...I think I lost at the first reckless attempt...those slaking were really unnerving...
if I hadn't find a shiny slakoth I'd probably despise the ape-like pokemon

Poke_Spirit

Cool Trainer Jennifer's Milotic Pokemon RS!

I remember struggling the most with Tate and liza, also Juan, That's in emerald.

Priori

Banned
Flannery and Norman were the hardest for me. Flannerys Torkoal had a mean Overheat, and Norman's Slaking were tough too

appelpower

Sinnoh Champion
Tate and Liza. Back in the day, I had Ruby. I sucked at Double Battles and struggled beating these evil twins. Nowadays, I have Emerald, and Claydol's Earthquake makes me long for a battle against Whitney's Miltank or Misty's Starmie.

Also, Wattson is a pain in the arse if you choose Treecko.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.