• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Most annoying gym leader

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ace Kenshader

Dreaming sexy
Tate and Liz, took me a few tries -I imagine four or five- to beat them. Obviously the pokemon I had on hand don't fare well against Psychic attacks.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I recently battled Liza & Tate in Ruby version and for some reason that battle was really tough. I had Pelipper with me which I thought would be enough since it had Surf, but Solrock and Lunatone just kept going. The only time I struggled against Liza & Tate before now was in Sapphire version when I fought them with Blaziken and some filler Pokemon.

bidoofdude

Legendary Trainer
Tate and Liza. Claydol.

Kissuiso90

The one which gave me more troubles in my first run was definitely Brawly, because of his Makuhita spamming Sand Attack...

Norman, because of his Slaking.

Togeblimp

blimpu ●ω●
Brawly was the only gym leader who I ever struggled with. This is mainly because I never had anything resisted to his attacks, was under-leveled, or my Pokemon couldn't do much to him.

Charoshi

Charmander is best
I guess Tate and Liza for me also, in emerald anyway, to echo most of the thread. I'm usually brutally underleveled by then and those damn combos they use are so annoying. I can't even Earthquake em to death either :'(

In Ruby/Sapphire I'd actually choose Norman. 2 Slakings is just a pain.

Tiffany

Staff member
Super Mod
Tate and Liza were such a pain in the butt. I had to battle them two or three times before I finally won. Also, Norman's Slaking gave me a bit of trouble.

THRILLHO

nothin' at all
Tate and Liza were such a pain in the butt. I had to battle them two or three times before I finally won. Also, Norman's Slaking gave me a bit of trouble.

the slaking was bad, but in emerald at least i totally walled tate & liza with a sableye. they literally couldn't do anything to it, it owned. it took me several turns to kill lunatone and solrock but it worked lol

Solar Faber

Fox of the moon
the only leader in that game that gave me trouble was Wallace when I used torcic for my second play though ( btw I cant spell pokemon names

((JAWS))

Johto Boy
All of them were fairly easy, if I had to choose though, Wallace put up a good fight.

swampertlover5712

True Love Never Dies
Tate and Liza for me, definitely, as well as Juan and that Kingdra of his. Norman was a problem, too, on one of my playthroughs, with his Slaking.

Daveo100

I like Chesse
None of them they were all pushovers

GingerDixie

Hopes and Dreams
Brawly until I trained my Sableye, who's now a part of my main team. Tate and Liza until I taught my Nuzleaf Giga Drain, which along with my Sableye's Toxic made short work of their Pokemon.

Jed Jordal

The twins oh I hate the twins!
Had so many pain in the *** battles against them I hate those flying stones! And when you was so close to kill one of them then BAM they used a potion on it! GAAAAAAH!
Played through Emerald again some years ago and I can remember what I did but I had my pleasure killing those flying rocks easily :-D So sad that I can't remember what I did would be nice to know if they ever make a remake of RSE. At least one time I got revenge for all the long pain in the *** battles against them....

Saturnidae

Bugs!! :3
I'm with that person ^ Tate and Liza were always the hardest Hoenn Gym leaders for me.
Juan can be annoying too, especially on rematches.

Status
Not open for further replies.