• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Most annoying gym leader

Status
Not open for further replies.

piplup1036

That last gym in emerald oh god. When I was playing through the game I really only had an over leveled Swampert and oh boy that Kingdra >_<

Timmyzzz

K-Pop and Pokemon<3
The first time I played, I struggled a lot during the battle against Brawly and Tate and Liza... then when I reached the last gym (probably Juan), an overpowered Kingdra was there with Ice Beam and Earthquake (pretty much wiping everything that stood a chance against it).

Angello

Tate and Liza, their pokémon are really strong. They are a real challenge for me. And Juan can be a problem if you don't have Rayquaza with you (In Emerald Version).

Last edited:

Buttons

Mountain Trainer
Koga from Red and Blue, if you ever let his Muk get more than two Minimize off you might as well give up. That and his pokemon knew Toxic, so that was all kinds of fun.

Ruas

Watson was kind of annoying with his Thunder Wave & Supersonic. Had used my Grovyle against him.

Jordman96

Tate and Liza were my main problem. I had not much to combat their psychic pokemon. That was, until I discovered Sharpedo :D

Wattson was a bother as well counted you aren't prepared for him

Silicone

Poison Moth
Wattson is extremely difficult if you chose Treecko

Tate And Liza.. I liked them better when they only had two Pokemon ;(

pokemasterz

King of The Pirates
Juan was bad. That Kingdra was so annoying with that double team. But Wattson took the cake. It took me 13 tries to beat him! I actually had to use strategy. *shivers*

Last edited:
Flannery. When I was a kid, it took me twelve tries to beat her. I had no water types ;-;

She's still my favorite gym leader though.

Last edited:

Lost Lore

Diving Deep
On a recent mono-type of Emerald, I've discovered that Wattson is a nightmare when you have no Ground/Fire-types, and don't even get me started on Flannery without Water-types. I have no idea how I managed to beat her- I think it was just on account of dumb luck. (It probably was- her Torkoal's Overheat missed two turns in a row and it wouldn't have lasted another hit from Mightyena's Dig.)

I had thought Brawly would be tougher than he was, but I sent out Sableye and that made him stupidly easy, actually.

Nulava

Banned
Winona.

The fact that I chose Treecko as my starter made Winona a formidable opponent. Winona's Swellow, Pelipper, Skarmory, and Altaria was a well rounded team in the Ruby and Sapphire games. Her team was so annoying due to the fact that she tried lowering your Pokemon's accuracy with Sand-Attack, confusing them with Supersonic, and using Dragon Dance to give Altaria the opportunity in dealing heavy damage thanks to its boosts in Attack and Speed. Fortunately, I had a Manectric that came in clutch when dealing with Winona. :)

Primal Crusader V

Watch some MANime
Wattson was probably the hardest for me, especially with his Magneton with the occasional Thunder Wave slowing my 'mons down. It took me about seven tries in order to beat him, and my Lairon single-handedly KO'd the Magneton with Rock Smash. It took a lot of grinding for me back then.

MedMana

Wired, Yet Tired
It took me FOREVER to beat Juan the first time, with Flannary actually being slightly difficult despite my choosing mudkip as my starter (stupid attract!)
Tate and Liza proved to be much more formidable in my most recent run, though. The freakin' claydol kept using earthquake to take out my lairon, and solrock's solar beam made quick work of my swampurt.

PinkiePieFox

Team Flare Grunt
Tate and Liza, they are just so... ugh! A double gym leader battle? Darn was it hard! Just the Claydol seemed bad enough :/

Status
Not open for further replies.