• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Most annoying Pokémon you have ever faced?

Most annoying Pokémon you have ever faced?

In-game and Wi-fi, for me it would be a level 100 Bidoof with obviously hacked moves, Judgement and moves like that. Can't remember them...

aquriomaster

Hyori Hasama
Rest wailord with my Cloyser 1 hour long battle yay critical hit

Dragonicwari

Artistically angry
A barier glaceon in the snkw when all I had left was a blissey and a really weakened scizor. This was in the battle subway btw

SlowPokeBroKing

Future Gym Leader
I would have to say a level 75 Starmie in Pokemon Stadium 2. It was down to my Jolteon and his Starmie. After my Thunder missing three times then not being strong enough to faint it on the fourth try, it missed yet again. On that fifth turn, I was down to around 60 HP and he used Swift. I was confident I would have one more turn to finish him. That was until the Swift got a critical hit. I didn't even know that was possible with Swift. Either way, I lost that match and I wasn't happy. It's not often a Jolteon can't take a Starmie down.

(If you're wondering why I didn't use Rain Dance to ensure Thunder's accuracy, I didn't want to heighten the power of his Surf.)

ebevan91

Aaron's Yanmega, Platinum.

*double team*

*my attack misses*

*speed boost*

*double team*

*my attack misses*

*speed boost*

*double team*

*my attack misses*

*speed boost*

*double team*

*my attack misses*

*speed boost*

*double team*

*my attack misses*

*stops playing for the day*

Colt45

Cobalt
Any gym leader that spams Double Team. The one I hate most is Elesa and her Emolga, but Lt Surge made me throw my Gameboy across the driveway when I was a kid. I still don't know how it didn't break.

Estellise

peachy
Any Pokemon that spams Double Team/Minimize or uses healing moves on themselves... And also the general ones that just appear a lot, like Zubat and Tentacool. :608:

SlowPokeBroKing

Future Gym Leader
Have you ever encountered a Pokemon in the wild that you ran from and another Pokemon of the same gender and level shows up two feet later, do you ever think it's the exact same Pokemon? I mean, I don't know the encountering mechanics like some of you, but if that's what it is, some Pokemon are persistent as hell and I actually take the time to knock it out just in case.

Crimson Penguin

Marchin' on
Anything in one of the battle facilities with Double Team, OHKO moves, Quick Claw, confusing moves, flinch moves, sleep moves, Attract... They all work in your opponent's favor but never in yours, of course. I don't care what anyone says, those things cheat.

I'm sure there have been a ton of annoying Pokemon that I've faced over the years, but the one that comes to mind immediately is the Suicune in the Battle Subway that cheated me out of a 77th win by freezing both of my Pokemon with Blizzard. On the same turn. I wanted to throw my DS across the room at that point.

briguin

Dr. Geek
Cyrus's Gyarados in Platinum.
My. GOD. That thing could easily sweep my team. Over. And over. And Over. And Over.
It wasn't until a got a one hit crit on just about every member of his team, Gyarados included. He was so frustrating that when I beat him, it wasn't a feeling of satisfaction i felt, it was more of "For Pete's sake he's finally DEAD!".

Mye

Someone has to win..
I once faced a shuckle in the battle subway who had +6 to each defense. The thing toxic-stalled my eviolite chansey, guts conkeldurr, and life-orb tornadus.

shadorai

wandering trainer
one of my friends used to have a hacked spiritomb that was shiny, had wonder guard, and it's moves were aeroblast, dark void, sacred fire and spacial rend. i hate hacking, and i really hated that hack.

*~Silver*~

Any Pokemon that can use rest. They're the most annoying creatures to battle because you just have to get them out in one hit or they go and save themselves with it.

Dewgong. Rest!rest!rest! you get the idea. Also pokemon like geodude and zubat who were found everywhere until gen5 are just a pain.

Chapter

hello, im back sorta
Articuno. I guess the damn thing just didnt fit in the ultra ball. WHY CAN IT USE ICE BEAM SO MANY TIMES!?

Iris Mist

Hylian Princess
Any gym leader that spams Double Team. The one I hate most is Elesa and her Emolga, but Lt Surge made me throw my Gameboy across the driveway when I was a kid. I still don't know how it didn't break.

Those old Gameboy's were tough, mine took a lot of beatings, and still works like a dream.

Have you ever encountered a Pokemon in the wild that you ran from and another Pokemon of the same gender and level shows up two feet later, do you ever think it's the exact same Pokemon? I mean, I don't know the encountering mechanics like some of you, but if that's what it is, some Pokemon are persistent as hell and I actually take the time to knock it out just in case.

I know what you mean. Zubat are the worse. I hate pokemon with confusion inducing moves, my pokemon have been knocked out before because of it.

Ver-mont

In-game: Whitney's Miltank. No Pokémon on Earth has annoyed me as much as that thing to this day.

cascadethewarrior

~Ðiva and Lucariϕ~
In-game: Veteran Ray's Darmanitan on Route 18 in B/W. I know this seems so random but whenever I got here that damn thing always swept my team. Ugh I hated it!