• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Most annoying Pokémon you have ever faced?

Xionea

Half a centaur
Ghetsis's Hydreigon. I had no Pokemon that was supereffective against it, and that stupid thing had both Fire Blast And Surf (and other moves I don't recall at this point). It was able to OHKO all of my Pokemon except one. I had to sit there with a Reuniclus and spam heal while it wasted all of its moves on me.

ECM

In-game: Whitney's Miltank. No Pokémon on Earth has annoyed me as much as that thing to this day.

This. To this day, that Miltank is my most hated character in Pokémon. I have nothing against other Miltank, it's just that one. I've lost way too many times to that thing. I remember how happy I was the first time I beat Whitney. That Miltank made me realize the potential of Normal type Pokémon.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Aaron's Yanmega, Platinum.

*double team*

*my attack misses*

*speed boost*

*double team*

*my attack misses*

*speed boost*

*double team*

*my attack misses*

*speed boost*

*double team*

*my attack misses*

*speed boost*

*double team*

*my attack misses*

*stops playing for the day*
Same thing happened to me with a wild Yanma in Silver version. It used Double Team to the point that my only party member who was weak enough to damage it ran out of PP and I didn't have any PP restoring items. I ended up running out of Pokeballs and fleeing.

This. To this day, that Miltank is my most hated character in Pokémon. I have nothing against other Miltank, it's just that one. I've lost way too many times to that thing. I remember how happy I was the first time I beat Whitney. That Miltank made me realize the potential of Normal type Pokémon.
Really? I thought it was Castform or Garchomp.

Rational Rayquaza

Whimsicott and other Prankster abusers are by far the most annoying. (The amounts of moves it could use are enormous. Taunt, Toxic, Leech Seed, Encore, Toxic, etc.) Shaymin-Sky is also annoying with Serene Grace + Air Slash. Almost guaranteed to flinch. FEAR Aron and Shedinja are hard to bring down if you have don't have any entry hazards up. Finally Ferrothorn in general is annoying to deal with. (Iron Barbs, Leech Seed, Toxic, Substitute, hazards, etc.)

~Sam~

Trader and Battler
I was in the battle factory in pokemon soulsilver when I faced a Cradily with Double Team, Toxic, Ingrain and some move that rose it's defense. It's only damage inflicting move was toxic so my Aggron stalled it until it ran out of PP and fainted from struggle.

Twainster

In no way is this the most annoying, simply because I can't remember the absolute most annoying, but last night on my original Silver version I faced a Muk that fully utilized "Minimize" as well as "Harden" and "Acid Armor". Said battle lasted about 10 minutes.

DuskullCurser

Stantler were very common in the hoenn battle frontier. Stantler is a really confusing pokemon. "Swampert hurt itself in its confusion","Swampert fainted" OH NOT AGAIN.

Houka

Pelipper, Oh how annying this thing is. Almost all ways use protect and prolonging the battle plus it has the nerves to keep popping up while Sp. Defense Training. It suppose to has 30% chance yet it appear so often and it some time appears 6 times in a row. While Muk, Shandrew (in Sandstorm), and some other Pokemon are more annoying for other reasons I just can't stand Pelipper.

~Kari~

Anything that spams Double Team or Parafusion/Paraflinch. Also, Elesa's Emolga spamming Volt Switch.

Lanik

Whimsicott and other Prankster abusers are by far the most annoying. (The amounts of moves it could use are enormous. Taunt, Toxic, Leech Seed, Encore, Toxic, etc.) Shaymin-Sky is also annoying with Serene Grace + Air Slash. Almost guaranteed to flinch. FEAR Aron and Shedinja are hard to bring down if you have don't have any entry hazards up. Finally Ferrothorn in general is annoying to deal with. (Iron Barbs, Leech Seed, Toxic, Substitute, hazards, etc.)

My team fought a level 1 cottonee; it was carrying a sub-seeder moveset and wearing a focus sash. When leech seed was healing the cottonee to full health, many substitutes were set up. That awkward moment when a level 50 is brought to its knees (not to be taken literally) by a level 1.

Last edited:

Missingno.Fan

Sidney's Shiftry used Double Team like a million times in a row and all of my attacks missed. I just turned off the game.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
I had an unsuccessful attempt at catching a metang in Crater Forest the other day. I was almost out of pokeballs from catching all the wild pokemon in the games in the areas I'd been to, and had very few ultra balls and no timer balls. The thing would NOT stay in any pokeball I threw at it, and I was severly ticked. I finally ended up killing it when I ran out of pokeballs, after throwing maybe 40-50. Thank God it wasn't shiny or I'd have a broken hand right now from all the pounding in frustration I did. Legends can be annoying too, but I've come to expect that some are harder to catch than others (I'm looking at you, 0 for 2 Virizion), which is why I usually use master balls for them.

I also had one pokemon that frustrated me so much by the time I caught it that I nicknamed it 18FP. Take your own guesses on what that stands for.

In battle, the most annoying would be that guy with the fighting pokemon that killed my whole team until I finally beat him with my level five jellicent. Now THAT was an epic battle. :)

-Nator-

Cresselia with Icy Wind. Worst nightmare if you're a VGC player.
For single battles, I despise Jirachi in the rain. Serene Grace makes Thunder so cheap.

My most annoying battle was a trainer in the Humilau City gym, against his Walrein. That Pokemon kept using rest and recovering HP + snore kept hitting my Pokemon, unfortunately my only electric Pokemon, Emolga, got knocked out so fast, she was 18 levels under. My other Pokemon weren't too effective against water types either. That battle was almost 30 minutes, I used up almost all my Hyper Potions.

BlueWartortle

ぶル ワルとルツル
Every game has its annoyers, I can't even list them all.
I am going to post the most recent one for me, aka B2/W2.

Achroma's Pokemon (Sturdy to hell), and a certain L13 Woobat in Virbank Complex (really, it was Riolu/Pignite (EmbArcLuc run). Couldn't get worse...)

Unoin

That Snorlax in GCS. It just wants the battle to last 10+ minutes and annoy the hell out of you. I usually use a Master Ball on Mewtwo, but at least he's supposed to be difficult to catch, being the strongest Pokemon in RBY