• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Most annoying Pokemon sounds

Primal Crusader V

Watch some MANime
This thread will.... you get the point;discuss about your least favorite pokemon noise in the games and shows/movies.
Let's start it off
My least favorite pokemon noise is Staravia's battle cry because it's real high pitched and it could get on my nerves real easily.
Okay now, any other opinions?

RaZoR LeAf

Night Terror
BING BONG BING BONG
Your health is low..
BING BONG BING BONG
Your health is low...
BING BONG BING BONG
Your health is STILL low...
BING BONG BING BONG
I GET IT, HEALTH. LOW. YES THANK YOU.

Last edited:

murkrowrob

Yamask Hugger x_x
BING BONG BING BONG
Your health is low..
BING BONG BING BONG
Your health is low...
BING BONG BING BONG
BING BONG BING BONG

Lol :p I just turn the sound off at those points.

In-game, Jynx is annoying as well as Staravia and Bidoof.

Drifblim's is so cute though <3

Jynx always annoys me it's cry is too long and it's annoying.

When your health is low. It would be funny if they replaced it with your pokemon shouting at you 'what are you doing? Don't just sit there i need to switch with another pokemon or you should use a potion on me! I swear if you let me faint i will hunt you down and kick you butt' although that would soon get annoying =/

Also while we're on the subject of pokemon who make farting noises if i remember correctly Duskclops cry sounds like farting too.

AKRy100

Shockingly electric!
When on your party screen, everything you do, be it viewing the summaries or switching team members around, it makes the same noise.

*select* BLING! *move D-pad* BLING! *view summary* BLING! *switch summaries* BLING! *exit party screen* BLING!

Sceptile Master

Survivor of the Great Avatar Depression
In R/B/Y, the sound effect for Screech.

Sure, it sounds like it should, but it hurts your ears a little (least, that's what I remember). Not that I don't like it, it just hurts your ears.

natie

Mr. F
Yeah, what RaZoR LeAf said. I like how they're 'trying' to cover up that low health noise in Black/White by using a different BGM, though, but they should just get rid of it completely. It serves no use, as I suppose we can all see our Pokémon has low health, we don't need to hear it, too. (Sure, red-green colour blind people won't notice by colours, but they'll notice because of the very low health bar.) (And blind people shouldn't be playing video games, anyway.)

Primal Crusader V

Watch some MANime
BING BONG BING BONG
Your health is low..
BING BONG BING BONG
Your health is low...
BING BONG BING BONG
BING BONG BING BONG
Jeez. Come to think of it that noise would put a gun to my head.

ZeroTrouble

You Looking At Me?
Obviously the low health sound, but I just turn it off and leave the sound off for about a week

Grei

not the color
I really dislike Jalorda's cry. Jalorda's a snake, Game Freak. Not a little girl being murdered in a dark alley.

I also think Daikenki's cry sounds more like an elephant than a sea lion/giant otter hybrid, but whatever. It's at least not piercing like Jalorda's.

And then you hear Chaobuu's cry and you lose all respect for it.

sizida

CoconutIsTheAnswer
gastly. well the sound is creepy so i guess it fits.

i don't like any screechy sounds for pokemon. it is just sting my ears alot since i have sensitive hearing and a the sound of a curtain sweeping is enough to wake me up.

speaking about HP low, the most irritating beeping is Kingdom Hearts to me. gosh it ruins my concentration to beat the boss!

Last edited:

Penguinist Trainer

i definitely have to agree about the low health noise. another sound that drives me crazy is the sound of a pokemon breaking out of the pokeball. not really the sound that bothers me, but more the significance of the sound. and to tie into that, also the sound of a pokemon fleeing, because there's nothing more annoying than hearing those sounds when you are really trying to catch something.

yeminied

The cries seem to have regressed from the standards set by 4th gen. They all seem silly and annoying.

Just about all 1st and 2nd generation cries with their 8-bit sounds start tonhurt the ears but especially Zubat. That thing is their at every turn to suck the blood that leaks out of your ears.