1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Most Annoying Pokemon you have ever faced

Discussion in 'Older Gens' started by MatchMaster, Jan 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MatchMaster

MatchMaster Member

Ever heard of a strategy that has been said to be a gimmick, but have discovered that if you don't have the right Pokemon for it, it can be incredibly difficult to get past? This is what I have faced countless times on random matchup. Since there's no restrictions, like evasion and sleep clause, people take advantage of it, and use incredibly annoying Pokemon. The biggest example of this I have ever faced is a Prankster Liepard with Substitute, Assist, Swagger, and Foul Play, and it held leftovers. On the first turn, it used assist, and the random move it chose was Spore. it then set up substitute, and kept using Swagger, then used Foul Play to wear my Pokemon down. When my Pokemon woke up and used a move to break the Sub, it would use assist again. At this point, I was thinking the the other two Pokemon he chose must only know Spore. I lost that match due to that strategy.

So what Pokemon have you faced that annoyed the heck out of you?

2. bloodnmetal

bloodnmetal Active Member

I personally don't consider that a strategy due to the fact that this person would have to rely on the chance of assist turning into spore.

The 4 most annoying pokemons I've ever faced, in order, were the Paraflinch Togekiss, Poison Heal Gliscor and Ninetales (female, using attract, confuse ray, toxic, flamethrower; my entire team was male) and that goddamn healer blissey.

Concearning the tactics, the most annoying tactic is the constant switch-ins that are "mandatory" for competitive battles...

3. Klaus™

Klaus™ Banned

Probably the most annoying strategy I've ever faced is using quick claw. Just because its so random, and kinda painful to watch your pokemon get raped because they get that turn where they move first

4. MuseHarmonia

MuseHarmonia ~♥Raichu♥~

Rapidash with max'd attack and Gyradoes with Rest. Hated that person. xD

5. MatchMaster

MatchMaster Member

And on that topic, has anyone ever faced a Poison Heal Breloom with Substitute, Spore, Low Sweep, and another move (usually Bullet Seed)? It's an annoying tactic where the idea is to use Spore on a Pokemon that is slower than you. Once the opposing Pokemon is asleep, Breloom uses Substitute. Then it repeatedly spam Low Sweep, so it can slow down anything that switches in so it can use spore on it. I can see why this tactic wouldn't be used in standard OU (due to Sleep Clause), but it is incredibly annoying where these is not a sleep clause.

6. Divine Retribution

Divine Retribution Well-Known Member

Sleep Clause is standard competitively, maybe in VGC, but in VGC you have two opponents to deal with. Not to mention Ghosts come in for free, and Espeon STILL rapes you.

7. Marbi Z

Marbi Z Lop-And-Bunny!!!

There are sooooo many annoying Pokemon... I just don't know where to start! But if I had to choose just one I'll have to say Cresselia... It's defensive stats are ridiculously high!

8. RealRaymon

RealRaymon Good series at last!

Iron Head Jirachi. After you become paralyzed, you lose a Pokemon for sure. You just can't attack. Also Mienshao and Ambipom in UU are so deadly, that their Fake Out + U-Turn cripple everything, plus the former regenerates health and the latter gets STAB and technician boost

9. VaironGod

VaironGod Dunsparce>Arceus

Sableye is just so annoying. Especially if it also knows Confuse Ray and Will-o-Wisp. With confuse ray then my fire-type Pokemon won't be an easy counter to Sableye.

10. jireh the provider

jireh the provider Video Game Designer

Terrakion. No matter how fast my team may be, it likes abusing the scarf of speed.

The other, uggghhhh. gliscor. But most of all, SCIZOR!

11. OrcaCity

OrcaCity Expert Killer Whale

I don't like battling against Pokemon whose Defense, Special Def, and HP are TOO HIGH.

12. PokeMaster366

PokeMaster366 Well-Known Member

Minimize Blissey. She's always been annoying to deal with in VGC battles, especially when it has its defenses boosted with the help of Guard Split Shuckle. At least she isn't much of a problem at the actual VGC events anymore thanks to the timer.

13. ParaChomp

ParaChomp be your own guru

Chansey would be more annoying and try using Taunt. Speaking of which, all of the problems I would list can easily be dealt with that move so it's more my problem than the foe being annoying.

14. Squiddly Dee

Squiddly Dee ∈ (⊙ ⊖ ⊙) ∋

Competitively? Sableye. In-game? Anything that spams Minimize. Ugh.

15. Manectrifier

Manectrifier AKA Treecko

The top 3 of most annoying pokemon I have faced would be:

3: Prankster Liepard with encore, swagger, substitute and foul play. It works the same as the one mentioned in the first post, but switches in on a setup move such as swords dance, then prankster encores it and then beat with sub, swagger and foul play. I was not pleased when my opponent used that once. Not that common though.

2: Pink blobs. I absolutely hate them, just when you are starting a life orb sheer force landorus sweep and then one of these things shows up. Even focus blasts can't handle them. I guess I shouldn't name this one because I use a Blissey myself, but I always hate to face them.

1: The first place is of course reserved for the master of annoyance, named Sableye. Prankster Will-o-Wisp always ruins sweeps, priority recover doesn't help either, and neither does Taunt. Everytime I see a Sableye in the team preview, I know I'm gonna have a bad time. Just......ugh.

Other notable mon I hate with a passion (competitively only, of course) are Espeon/Xatu, Togekiss, Jirachi and Ninjask.

16. Touché Amoré

Touché Amoré WAKABA-KU

1) Sableye-Prankster. Does anything else need to be said?

2) Jirachi-Oh boy isnt constant flinching and paralysis just so fun? No. No its frickin not.

3) Ditto-Bane of all stat boosters.

4) Breloom-Yeah I kinda detest Breloom too ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Spore is just irritating..

5) Toxicroak-Sub/Bulk Up is irritating as well in the rain..

17. Icarus©

Icarus© Full on PASBLer

gliscor...
    for some reason i can never use it well, but any other person
    invincible Gliscor... D:

18. AJ34

AJ34 New Member

THIS: [​IMG]

19. Divine Retribution

Divine Retribution Well-Known Member

"The foe's XXXXX used Taunt! Audino can't use Entrainment after the Taunt!"

20. MetalFlygon08

MetalFlygon08 Haters Gonna Hate

Also, you can't use Mimic and the attack mimic'd in the same turn.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.