• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Most Annoying Pokemon you have ever faced

Status
Not open for further replies.

King91

I'm all fired up!
I find most legendaries annoying, especially Latios. To me using them has always seemed kind of cheap.

R2D2

Trainer since 1999!
The most annoying Pokemon i fased in random matchup must be a Breloom which seemed to have no fighting move.
It kept going with seed bomb against my Mamoswine. When it woke up he would just spam spore. It took ages to take down for some reason so i forfeited the match in annoyance (Forfeit, not turn off the DS, thats for REAL cowards lol)

Most annoying in super sub was a Dusknoir with

Toxic
Will-o-wisp
Double team
Protect

Needless to say, the darn thing spammed double team like there's no tomorrow.
Poisoned or burned my Pokemon and protect spam after that.

Must be the most annoying Pokemon i ever faced in game.
And i realy don't get why gamefreak would add such a gimmicky Pokemon to the battle subway

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
I find most legendaries annoying, especially Latios. To me using them has always seemed kind of cheap.

Your logic is groundless and flawed. Let's take a look at Phione.

80/80/80/80/80/80. Mediocre abilities. Only notable move is Tail Glow, which it can't even Baton Pass.

Let's take a look at Regigigas.

Amazing stats, 110/160/110/85/110/100 I believe. Terrible ability that leaves it as nothing but setup bait.

Let's take a look at Articuno.

Decent stats, absolutely awful typing that causes it to lose 50% of it's HP when it switches into Stealth Rock.

I'm getting a bit sick of all the legendary hate. Competitively, legendary status means NOTHING. Absolutely nothing.

M.Oreo

all hax or no hax.
moody abusers on random battle. i got lucky and knocked him out before he could spam moody. and it was literally forever before i finally one shotted him. if only i had no guard machamp then....

King91

I'm all fired up!
Your logic is groundless and flawed. Let's take a look at Phione.

80/80/80/80/80/80. Mediocre abilities. Only notable move is Tail Glow, which it can't even Baton Pass.

Let's take a look at Regigigas.

Amazing stats, 110/160/110/85/110/100 I believe. Terrible ability that leaves it as nothing but setup bait.

Let's take a look at Articuno.

Decent stats, absolutely awful typing that causes it to lose 50% of it's HP when it switches into Stealth Rock.

I'm getting a bit sick of all the legendary hate. Competitively, legendary status means NOTHING. Absolutely nothing.

No need to get butt hurt over it, I'm not judging anyone, thats just the way I'd feel about using them. Anyone is well within their rights to use what they want. Also note that I said MOST legendaries, not like I'm saying every single one is a hax beast, there is a solid few though that have quite clear advantages over normal pokemon.

floodz66

The Masked Trainer
No need to get butt hurt over it, I'm not judging anyone, thats just the way I'd feel about using them. Anyone is well within their rights to use what they want. Also note that I said MOST legendaries, not like I'm saying every single one is a hax beast, there is a solid few though that have quite clear advantages over normal pokemon.

He clearly wasn't "butt hurt" he was just stating facts, and echoing common sentiments about people crying about legendaries. Anyways, there is a few normal pokemon that have clear advantages over other normal pokemon, so, by that logic, using any pokemon that is good, is cheep.

King91

I'm all fired up!
He clearly wasn't "butt hurt" he was just stating facts, and echoing common sentiments about people crying about legendaries. Anyways, there is a few normal pokemon that have clear advantages over other normal pokemon, so, by that logic, using any pokemon that is good, is cheep.

I'm clearly not crying over it, I answered purely what is my own opinion to the question asked by the OP. Like I said, I don't expect every other person to hold the same values as me, and I wouldn't judge anyones use of legendaries, yet everyone feels the need to jump on my comment. All I've basically said is I don't enjoy facing the likes of Latios etc, if anyones jimmies get rustled over that then maybe they feel quite cheap for using them deep down.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
I'm clearly not crying over it, I answered purely what is my own opinion to the question asked by the OP. Like I said, I don't expect every other person to hold the same values as me, and I wouldn't judge anyones use of legendaries, yet everyone feels the need to jump on my comment. All I've basically said is I don't enjoy facing the likes of Latios etc, if anyones jimmies get rustled over that then maybe they feel quite cheap for using them deep down.

Yeah, that could be it.

Or, hey, maybe we're just sick of people whining over it. I've got a Heatran, an Azelf, and a Smeargle on my primary team. The MVP is by far Smeargle. Legendary status, again, means nothing, and there's no reason to think down of people who use them.

OrbrunnerX

That Guy

King91

I'm all fired up!

Yeah, that could be it.

Or, hey, maybe we're just sick of people whining over it. I've got a Heatran, an Azelf, and a Smeargle on my primary team. The MVP is by far Smeargle. Legendary status, again, means nothing, and there's no reason to think down of people who use them.
I won't reply to this thread again. I agree I generalised too much really, but it seems like no one even reads what I'm putting before replying to it.

Halkel

Experimentalist

I can see so many wrong with this.

1. No one is stupid enough not to kill off Shedinja with a Fire, Rock, Flying, Ghost or Dark Move on the first turn. In fact they are common move types.
2. Eelektross loses Levitate for Wonder Guard. It becomes weak to Ground moves. Magnet Rise lasts 5 turns only, survive those turns or use Gravity or Trick to give it an Iron Ball with a Prankster Sableye or something... Earthquake will completely kill it. Wonder Guard also doesn't block off Poisons, Burns and weather effects and can still be burned or poisoned so the slow way out works too. You could also use Mold Breaker before Shedinja gets the chance to use Entrainment with Earthquake to kill both or at least Shedinja off. (Common Oversight with Wonder Guard, since Mold Breaker ignores it. With Exadrill now available with it, I've seen it a lot of late)
3. What Divine Retribution Said. Taunt will make it fail and many can use it who are faster then Audino can Entrain.
4. If you're gonna entrainment someone with this matchup, you need Audino with Klutz. If you don't use this ability, you're actually giving your opponent Healer or Regenerator and use it for their benefit. since you don't want to lose Wonder Guard or Levitate. This wasn't thought about.

If anything, this would work better on pokemon like Electrode as they can Levitate before the opponent can hit him but again, Mold Breaker is a fatal weakness to Shedinja, and its weaknesses are actually very common move types in competitive battle.

McDanger

Jirachi, jirachi, jirachi

besides the obviously most annoying pokemon in OU
sub toxic tentacruel is becoming annoying to me, between the fact that someone willingly gives up protect, and the sub

R2D2

Trainer since 1999!
Hmm,

Tbh i must agree with King91,
Of course not all the legendaries are OP or annoying. But have you ever seen people use the mentioned Articuno, Regigas (lol no way that'll be used) or Phione? Nor have i ever seen : Moltres, Raikou, Entei, Mew or even Suicune in a random matchup battle. So talking about how useless some of these are is quite irrelevant. I have battled many people using Latios and Latias. So i understand why King91 mentioned that. They also are pretty annoying, because they are quite hard to take down with non-legendaries some times. Cresselia is also an annoying beasty, just healing up everytime it takes some damage. It can be pretty annoying on such a defensive Pokemon. Especially with Toxic stall.

Wobbuffet is, still one of the Poke's i fear most :O. Must be because i tend to sweep too much :p

McDanger

Hmm,

Tbh i must agree with King91,
Of course not all the legendaries are OP or annoying. But have you ever seen people use the mentioned Articuno, Regigas (lol no way that'll be used) or Phione? Nor have i ever seen : Moltres, Raikou, Entei, Mew or even Suicune in a random matchup battle. So talking about how useless some of these are is quite irrelevant. I have battled many people using Latios and Latias. So i understand why King91 mentioned that. They also are pretty annoying, because they are quite hard to take down with non-legendaries some times. Cresselia is also an annoying beasty, just healing up everytime it takes some damage. It can be pretty annoying on such a defensive Pokemon. Especially with Toxic stall.

Wobbuffet is, still one of the Poke's i fear most :O. Must be because i tend to sweep too much :p

thats because latios and latias are top tier pokemon in OU, in UU raikou and mew are champs, RU moltres is a huge threat. I think articuno is decent in NU idk tho.
Honestly once you get good experience, you`ll see that legendaries are the same as any other pokemon, latios/ais is shut down by ttar, scizor revenges it, as does mamoswine, gengar beats it most of the time thanks to the speed drop for HP fire. Terrakion is useless against niche pokemon like golurk and nidoqueen, while gliscor and slowbro wall.
I dont want to be mean, I just dont get why legendaries annoy you guys, i would rather fight latios then dragonite, or deal with weird stuff some people use like evolite electibuzz

R2D2

Trainer since 1999!
hmm never faced an eviolite Electabuzz :p. I can see why it could be nasty to fight.
I must say i never have problems taking down a Dragonite on random matchup.
Almost all Poke's i use in there at least have ice beam, ice shard, or ice punch. Which can hurt Dragonite badly or 1HKO it, even with Multiscale.
Latios and Latios will never be 1HKO'd with one of those moves. Just because it only hits for 2x damage instead of 4x. And their defenses and HP are way more troublesome. Of course fighting a Dragon dancing Dragonite is quite nasty. I didn't say those legendaries will always beat me, but the chances are quite high tbh :p. Still i'd like to fight a Latios/Latias over a Cloyster lead with shell smash any time lol.

Steampunk

One Truth Prevails
i think it was probably a venusaur in the battle subway.
It knew: toxic, ingrain, giga drain and .......i cant remember exactly, but it raised hid defense.
Once i was poisoned and seeded, he maxed out his defense the just kept draining me.

Douchemon

Scientist
Simple bibarel with double team, workup/curse, superpower, icebeam/thunderbolt , lefties,

Status
Not open for further replies.