• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Most Annoying Pokemon you have ever faced

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheAdmiral

Smell ya later
prankster is generally incredibly annoying because while it is a poor strategy to rely on priority confuse ray etc over several games, in the short term if you are unlucky then there is little you can do sometimes, same goes for no gaurd machamp's dynamicpunch

AnakBaé

-Lead Machamp with focus sash.
this duckface keep spamming Dynamic punch and my pokes keep hitting themselves in confusion. not much really safe to switch to it, considering the confusion hax.

-Prankster Liepard with Sub/Swagger/T-wave/Foulplay:
I found a guy who was using this thing on OU and damn, this cat is a demon cat from hell, forget Sableye or Whimsicott because this cat is the ****. If you let this thing set up a sub, then its probably "GG" for you because your team will end up heavily crippled by it easily obliterated by a sweeper such as d-nite/r-polish lando/etc. in the end. (at least thats what happened to me lol)

Dew Watatsumi

Water Type E-3
Anything with sucker punch, and Latios is down. By the way... I can't stand Paraflinch Jirachi/Togekiss, Cresselia, Whimsicott, Amoongus, and Terrakion.

Dragonicwari

Artistically angry
Choice scarf machamp. It isn't bad until it outspeeds what you thought would be a safe check... It's mostly annoying for it's surprise factor though

Zachmac

Choice scarf machamp. It isn't bad until it outspeeds what you thought would be a safe check... It's mostly annoying for it's surprise factor though
That should reach 343 speed with a jolly nature.

Sounds annoying to me, but only semi-viable. It's still slower then base 108 pokemon, like Terrakion, so it's not much of a revenge killer, really...though a speedy Dynamic Punch still sounds like lots of fun.

Dragonicwari

Artistically angry
That should reach 343 speed with a jolly nature.

Sounds annoying to me, but only semi-viable. It's still slower then base 108 pokemon, like Terrakion, so it's not much of a revenge killer, really...though a speedy Dynamic Punch still sounds like lots of fun.

The team had a lot of base 70-100's if I remember right, so he kinda outsped most of my team and it wasn't fun

Yeah, that could be it.

Or, hey, maybe we're just sick of people whining over it. I've got a Heatran, an Azelf, and a Smeargle on my primary team. The MVP is by far Smeargle. Legendary status, again, means nothing, and there's no reason to think down of people who use them.

You guys didn't need to be so snappy. And like R2D2 stated, you didn't list legendaries that are commonly used. (Phione, really? : o ) If you take a quick look at stats, already the Lake trio, Jirachi, Lati@s, Cresselia, Heatran and the legendary trios of Unova overwhelm a majority of the non-legendary Pokemon. Basically each of them hold at least one stat that is 120+. Take a look at Jirachi, it has a base of 100 in each stat it the ability Serene Grace. Combo'd with a moveset you can find on the internet, it's already more powerful than most. Their movesets are incredibly broad with abilities that are at a high standard, and, well, they call them "legendaries" for a reason.
Even when I was a kid, everyone said legendaries would be cheap to use in battle. It's just an obvious unfair advantage. They were built to be stronger.

There are still an amount of Pokemon that are on par with Legendaries such as T-tar, Hydreigon ,Salamence, Dragonite and, well, you know, it's just a majority of them are too powerful. And thus, in the subject of this thread, annoying to fight against. The most annoying thing about them for me though is the fact that I see them in almost every battle. :"3 Along with Politoed since it received Drizzle... sheesh. Every second battle; it's in it.

Or, hey. Maybe some people just wish for a larger variety in Pokemon used for competitive play....

I've never battled a Prankster Liepard. They sound brutal. xD

floodz66

The Masked Trainer
Not gonna lie, i am fairly new to the really competitive type play, and have been playing a lot of cheep styles myself. So far the most annoying pokemon i have faced was in a rotation battle, it was a Cinccino and it was fast, it had its friends do all the heavy lifting, and it would only be used to put my pokemons to sleep, i couldn't kill it for the life of me.

Now, i used a fairly good sand team then, now i am using a drizzle team, and not for the reason you think. I just got a Tornadus-T and i am building my team around him. He is my new favorite legendary, and i want to use him as much as i can. I was able to get all the pokemons i needed for my team fairly easy, and have been testing it out, at one point i went into random battles and used drizzle toad first and just stalled with my Tentacruel after i laid down two sets of toxic spikes, and when he switched out, i just let the toxic do its work. After i KOed his last pokemon, he disconnected. I was surprised he didn't disconnect sooner, even i have to admit, that was the most cheep play style i have seen in a while. But i wish he stayed, i could have used the rating, but i guess a 1700 player losing to someone with 1480 rating was not something he wanted to have reflected on his rating.

Orithan

The most annoying pokemon I faced on PO was Skarmory. That thing, if I didn't manage to catch it on surprise with a super effective attack, often ended up phasing half my team to death. Ferrothorn, if I didn't catch it on surprise with my Hydregion's Flamethrower, was also really annoying to deal with.

Ingame, it would have to be a tie between Shuckle and Blissey. Shuckle because it is a complete pain to fight between Power Split and it's huge defenses and Blissey because she walled most of my team while her teamates did all of the dirty work.

You guys didn't need to be so snappy. And like R2D2 stated, you didn't list legendaries that are commonly used. (Phione, really? : o ) If you take a quick look at stats, already the Lake trio, Jirachi, Lati@s, Cresselia, Heatran and the legendary trios of Unova overwhelm a majority of the non-legendary Pokemon. Basically each of them hold at least one stat that is 120+. Take a look at Jirachi, it has a base of 100 in each stat it the ability Serene Grace. Combo'd with a moveset you can find on the internet, it's already more powerful than most. Their movesets are incredibly broad with abilities that are at a high standard, and, well, they call them "legendaries" for a reason.
Even when I was a kid, everyone said legendaries would be cheap to use in battle. It's just an obvious unfair advantage. They were built to be stronger.

There are still an amount of Pokemon that are on par with Legendaries such as T-tar, Hydreigon ,Salamence, Dragonite and, well, you know, it's just a majority of them are too powerful. And thus, in the subject of this thread, annoying to fight against. The most annoying thing about them for me though is the fact that I see them in almost every battle. :"3 Along with Politoed since it received Drizzle... sheesh. Every second battle; it's in it.

Of all of the legendaries you listed here; only Thundurus-I (possibly also Tornadus-T), Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem-W and Genesect ended up getting banned. All of the others are OU and below, therefore deemed to not be broken or below for various reasons:

This is just for a couple for said legendaries:
  • Coballion (RU, maybe UU) - Shares Lucario's typing, I'm pretty sure that it gets outclassed by it.
  • Jirachi (OU) - Any paraflinch strategy has problems with mons that are faster than it. Earthquake and Fire Blast/Flare Blitz are common in OU and both types get common pokemon that outspeed it, who can do serious damage. Fire, Water, Electric and Steel types generally resist Iron Head and Jirachi therefore needs to be lucky(ier) to get past them. It is also weak to Spikes, which limits it's ability to come in.

Base ~120 stats especially if it is in defenses or if it is a single stat, except in Speed, are not that impressive by OU's standards. Here are some reasons why (and some examples):
  • Weavile (I used this in OU) - It is in UU and has 120 Base Attack and 125 Base Speed stats which allows it to outspeed and hit a large portion of OU hard, especially at +2. However, it is really fragile and weak to priority.
  • Cresselia - It, despite being a legendary, is even lower than Weavile. It has 120/120/130 defenses, making it more bulky than Arceus, but it has a sub-par defensive typing and mediocre offensive stats. It pretty much requires Calm Mind to do any real damage and it attempting to set up in OU is pretty much asking for Scizor or Tyranitar to come in and murder it.
  • There are some exceptions to this, though. Slaking and Regigigas, with their monstrous Attack and good Speed stats, probably would be Ubers if it weren't for their abilities, Truant and Slow Start, which send them straight down to NU.
  • Additionally, the base stats of the legendaries that do get banned typically number at least 150 in at least one stat. Mewtwo, Lugia (possibly also Oh-Ho), Kyogre, Groundon, Rayquaza, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina (both forms), Reshiram, Zekrom and Kyurem-W all have at least one 150 Base Stat.

In short: Pokemon, in order to get banned from OU, need to be either overcentralizing (ie. Genesect, Sand Veil Garchomp) or just plain broken (ie. Mewtwo, Speed Boost Blaziken) in the metagame, not just based on their 'legendary' status or stats.

Zachmac

Coballion (RU, maybe UU) - Shares Lucario's typing, I'm pretty sure that it gets outclassed by it.
Eh...not really. Lucario is much more offensive while Coballion is much more defensive and gets Volt Switch, so the second has a niche as a defensive volt turner.
In short: Pokemon, in order to get banned from OU, need to be either overcentralizing (ie. Genesect, Sand Veil Garchomp) or just plain broken (ie. Mewtwo, Speed Boost Blaziken) in the metagame, not just based on their 'legendary' status or stats.
Exactly. When the game creator makes a legendary, they just give it higher then average stats. Typing and moves don't matter at all to them.

In game, stats may be enough, but competitively, it's about how well they get the job done. Even Latios, who has good typing and stats doesn't get any moves like Fire Blast, so it's often at the mercy of steel types.

A Roserade on the GBU. I was using a Toxicroak in Rain w/ Black Sludge (this was before Ice Punch was legal with Drain Punch), and faced off against a Leech Seed / Ingrain / Giga Drain / Black Sludge Roserade. Basically, because of Dry Skin, Black Sludge and Drain Punch, it couldn't do enough to my Toxicroak to prevent it from fully healing, but from the Black Sludge, Ingrain, Leech Seed, and Giga Drain recovery, it healed off all the damage Toxicroak did to it with Drain Punch. Finally, it ended up PP stalling me out of Drain Punch, and eventually killed Toxicroak, but the whole thing took nearly twenty minutes.

I find Paraflinch Jirachi to be the most annoying. It's ability makes it hell on earth for it's opponent. Once it gets you para'ed by Body Slam, it can flinch you to death with it's 60% chance to flinch you with Iron Head. Now it is faster and it can just keep flinching you. Plus you are paralyzed so if it doesn't flinch, theres a good chance you will be parahaxed as well. I wouldn't say it's OP considering that an EQ from a faster Poke will do the trick, but it's annoying to see.

emboarrocks

#1 emboar fan
Whimsicott with leech seed, protect and substitude. Unless i KO it, it sets up leech seed amd spams protect and substitude. Between leech seed and lefties, it actually GAINS HP from me. I could switch out, but it also had cotton spore so...

Dew Watatsumi

Water Type E-3
Whimsicott with leech seed, protect and substitude. Unless i KO it, it sets up leech seed amd spams protect and substitude. Between leech seed and lefties, it actually GAINS HP from me. I could switch out, but it also had cotton spore so...

The one I face always has tailwind and stun spore. But four of the most annoying pokémon is paraflinch jirachi, trick room cresselia, terrakion, and ferrothorn

Status
Not open for further replies.