• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Most annoying regional layouts in any game?

The_Orb

I love how inter-connected Sinnoh is, but the HMs were just ridiculous. Its layout is so perfect, but the fact that you're required to use HM slaves or waste move slots make it a slog. Doesn't help that the Pokedex doesn't give many options. Even Platinum feels a little limited.

Galar has the exact opposite issue for me. The mechanics are so streamlined, and it gives you such good team options, but the region itself is so linear and uninteresting to explore that I find it difficult to find the motivation to keep going.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I love how inter-connected Sinnoh is, but the HMs were just ridiculous. Its layout is so perfect, but the fact that you're required to use HM slaves or waste move slots make it a slog. Doesn't help that the Pokedex doesn't give many options. Even Platinum feels a little limited.

Galar has the exact opposite issue for me. The mechanics are so streamlined, and it gives you such good team options, but the region itself is so linear and uninteresting to explore that I find it difficult to find the motivation to keep going.
The original version of Mt Coronet was really frustrating to deal with when you were trying to get to Spear Pillar to stop Cyrus’ plan. I hated using all those HMs which meant you had at least one Pokémon that wasn’t going to do so well when you fought Cyrus.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder

Keep in mind that this thread is specifically about annoying layouts, not annoying mechanics. So if you're complaining about HMs and the regional dex (and those are definitely valid complaints), that's not really a layout issue.

Galar, on the other hand, definitely has a layout issue.

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
Keep in mind that this thread is specifically about annoying layouts, not annoying mechanics. So if you're complaining about HMs and the regional dex (and those are definitely valid complaints), that's not really a layout issue.

Galar, on the other hand, definitely has a layout issue.
Actually as the creator of the topic i'll allow it. If it is related then it's fine.