• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Most annoying status effect?

HetaOni

Chesaught
I must say though, freeze is the least annoying to me because it's a lot less common then the rest.

Ryan7437

Banned
What about Freezing?

Lucario95

Behold The Aura!
I know that attraction is very annoying, but I faced more confusion and sleepness which had annoy me a lot.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Confusion, then Infatuation, then Sleep, then Paralysis, then Burn, then Poison, then Curse, and lastly Freeze.
Most annoying to least annoying.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Amongst major effects, Sleep. Unlike Freeze, it's got moves dedicated to it, and without items (ie in any competitive fight) you're screwed.

Amongst minor effects, maybe Seeding? I hate the messages, and it screws with KOs.

Freeze is the most annoying, as it can last indefinitely. Fortunately, it's the rarest of the status conditions.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
Infatuation has always been the most annoying condition for me.

ohjeezitskim

Confusion. Because my Pokemon will hurt itself in confusion 3/5 turns that it's confused.
When I confused an opponent's Pokemon, in three turns, it did not hurt itself once.

THEN I hate the being attracted to an opponent's pokemon but I also hate sleep most times.

Rakurai

Sleep by far.

Especially because of the lack of the sleep clause anywhere in B/W (As far as I'm aware).

BBtheASH

A Fairy Specialized Trainer
I would have to say my FAVEORITE status's are attract and curse! I have really good luck with attract! It seems tht as soon as I get my opponenet infatuated, its game over from there. I can honestly say I have never been defeated by male scizors, (my miltank is my most efficient abuser, especially when it lands paralysis with body slam.)
And Curse (when used by mismagius) has ALWAYS been my number 1 way to cause a switch! I love that move!

Now for what I think is the most annoying status move. *CONFUSION*
I hate confusion! Burn cuts ur attack in half, paralysis cuts speed in half.
BUT confusion straight up uses ur own attack against you! I hate this freaking status!
Better yet I HATE THE THAT DAMN MOVE *SWAGGER*
Almost any pokemon can learn it plus it raises your attack only to have it be used agains you! Argh!

Archangel Azazel

Fallen Angel
Hmm... Confusion <.> Its so annoying >.< Its worse than being paralyzed or put to sleep >.>

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
I think Poison in the older Gens, because it lingered, I'd be right at the Poke Center door, and my last pokemon would faint. Yes I know, if'd I just bought a couple extra antidotes...

Now, I think it's a tie between Paralysis and Confusion.

Genos

The Indigo Disk
Usually it's confusion because all those darn A.I trainers and organizations always use it against us.

Also paralysis would be there cause it annoys much.

*Pokemon gets a status effect*
*Use full heal*
*Pokemon gets a status effect again*
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO-

Cutty

Forever now
For me poison, paralysis, burn and infatuation are annoying b/c of the pokemon abilities.

Argon Wartortle

Farewell, SPPF...
Paralysis or Burn because of how common they are

This. Also, Toxic on your last Pokemon is annoying, since at best you only have 8 turns to beat your opponent or it kills you and you lose. Not ingame, but on Wifi without Wonder Launcher.

*~Silver*~

I HATE it when your Pokemon falls asleep on you. With other status problems a lot of the time they're still okay to attack, and the ones that bring down your Pokemon's health points don't bug me as much, but when your Pokemon is asleep it's pretty much defenseless without an awakening. Those Poke'Marts would make a lot of money from me stocking up on those things if they were real. xD

Flame Mistress

Attraction/Infatuation. For some reason, whenever my Pokémon get affected by it, they can never attack. EVER. I actually thought there was like a 100% chance of immobilization for a long while.