• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Most annoying status effect?

Ludicoconut

Water&Grass Trainer
Poison attraction or confusion. So debilitating to me.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
Attract is the worst, because it's incurable without a red flute.

Lluc

Not a Very Well-Known Member
I get ticked off when I get paralyzed, the slowness annoys me and the Pokemon won't move when I want it to. >.<

Manna

Rockin' the Suburbs
Attraction and Confusion are the worst.

But honestly? I'd be sad if GF decided to axe them.

AGGRON GUY

expert breeder
mine is confusion. whenever my aggron is confused it always kills itself. if only there was a berry or ability to stop confusion...

SoulMuse

Shadow of nothing
Paralysis+Jirachi=Utter hell.

xEryChan

Demon Child
It's between either sleep or paralysis.

I've always hated when I'm battling Wild Audino and they use Secret Power, putting my Pokemon to sleep. Paralysis is just annoying in general. I can't stand it.

Dreamy

I remember once going up against, I'm pretty sure it was a Miltank or a Wigglytuf, can't quite pin it, but anyway, I do remember it infatuating my pokemon with cute charm, then paralyzing it with body slam, and finally it confused my Pokemon with sweet kiss. That was a nightmare.

Freeze is easily the worst once it has been activated. It's very unreliable to actually freeze something, but once you do, it's probably the most deadly status condition. It's like sleep except you can't even use Sleep Talk, and you have to rely on a 20% chance every turn to be cured as opposed to a timer that is guaranteed to end after a few turns at most. I once had a Ludicolo go frozen for about 22 turns in Battle Subway, while the opponent just threw random status moves at me without actually damaging Ludicolo. I think I still won that battle, but the fact that it took several minutes of game time just to unfreeze was terrible.

Rakansen

ラルフ
Probably Sleep, you're guaranteed not to be able to use any move.

Though, if someone using Double Team is considered a status effect, then that's the most annoying one in my book!

Canto

Definitely Infatuation. According to Bulbapedia, there's a 50% chance of an Infatuated Pokémon being able to attack. It seriously seems at LEAST like a 25% chance.

Everlasting

Everything stays.
Seriously, it's the confusion and the paralysis. The others seem to be gentle compared to them.

Chapter

hello, im back sorta
Hmm....
Well let's say we're including: Sleep, Poison, Badly Poisoned, Drowsy, Infatuated, Paralyzed, Frozen, Burned, and Confused.

Then I say a draw... between Confusion, Infatuated, and Frozen.

gliscor&yanmega

All of them.

If anything, Poison would be the one that is less annoying to me, at least with that you only lose HP. Burn you lose HP and Physical Moves' damage ends up being halved. Frozen and Sleep make you unable to do much until you hopefully get out of it the next turn. Paralysis reduces Speed, and you have a chance of not being able to do anything. Confusion makes you hurt yourself sometimes. And Attraction makes you unable to do anything at all other then drool over your opponent, and all you do is question their taste.

I don't want to lose HP, but I'd take that over being unable to do anything, or hope for luck to kick in, or have my attacks weaker or Speed lower. Ultimately, I'm annoyed whenever anything is done to me, but I enjoy it nonetheless, plus I do the same thing anyways so the NPC shall feel my pain even though they can't.

But yah, pretty much a whatever way tie between everything besides Poison.