• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Most annoying things in SV that aren't glitches

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
Oh my god why do they make such a big deal about being able to pin the map to north but you still can't pin the MINI MAP to north? Come on, that's the one we're looking at all the time...

Also the incredibly fast text speed the friend group has in the crater is just inexcusable. I read REALLY fast and it was still too fast for me. What in the world why can't it be timed like every other bit of dialogue in the game where it changes to the next line when we say it does?

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Oh my god why do they make such a big deal about being able to pin the map to north but you still can't pin the MINI MAP to north? Come on, that's the one we're looking at all the time...

Also the incredibly fast text speed the friend group has in the crater is just inexcusable. I read REALLY fast and it was still too fast for me. What in the world why can't it be timed like every other bit of dialogue in the game where it changes to the next line when we say it does?
Even worse is when a wild Pokémon engages a battle with you in mid conversation and it continues to be spoken and by the time you get out, the conversation is either near the end or has ended. I missed out on some really important info about Arven’s backstory about his relationship with his parent because of this and the conversation literally ended as soon as I escaped the battle. He was saying something about how the Professor would annoy him by doing something which I could get to see because the wild Pokémon battle animation began and the screen cut to a Raichu immediately with a message saying “Wild Raichu has appeared!”

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
Even worse is when a wild Pokémon engages a battle with you in mid conversation and it continues to be spoken and by the time you get out, the conversation is either near the end or has ended. I missed out on some really important info about Arven’s backstory about his relationship with his parent because of this and the conversation literally ended as soon as I escaped the battle. He was saying something about how the Professor would annoy him by doing something which I could get to see because the wild Pokémon battle animation began and the screen cut to a Raichu immediately with a message saying “Wild Raichu has appeared!”
Oh god and they put such an emphasis on his story and put a lot of work into making it so good, but then people will miss so much. Even if you go out of your way to read the journals (which a lot of players don't for some reason), if you miss the super speedy dialogue you're still missing the full story. And it's such a good and impactful story! It's clear that they had a lot of real effort in making that story top notch! But rrrrgh!

I wonder if the script writers were pissed at whoever decided to zoom though that text.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Veluza.

I like to pin the next raid location in the map so I can there while riding Koraidon but whenever I'm crossing the rivers this thing spawns, it ends up annoying me with forced encounters. Gets worse when the game gets slower duo the frame-rates issue.

Now that's a species I won't mind seeing Dexit'd on gen 10.

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
I love Veluza but I think I only love them because I first came across one in a mountain pond and it was just the one of them. I didn't yet know the horror of the constant barrage of dimwitted psychic fish.

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
I love Veluza but I think I only love them because I first came across one in a mountain pond and it was just the one of them. I didn't yet know the horror of the constant barrage of dimwitted psychic fish.
They’re so bad that I ignore any outbreaks that occur in water. Spend too much time running and fighting those instead of what I’m actually looking for.

Alolan Glaceon

Glaceon master
No voice for characters we need it really we have 2023
Aggresive water pokemon all they like shark in petroid
Vaporeon supremacy in mass outbreak really Nintedo did you know Vaporeon is not ONLY ONE Eeveeelution
Op Eevee Evolution in raid they make what they want

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
I um...I don't think you guys understand what I was asking for. This isn't about small gripes or things the game is missing (and no we do not *need* voice acting--good god I do not trust this fanbase to not harass the actors either). I'm asking about actually annoying stuff.

MidnightHo-Oh

I um...I don't think you guys understand what I was asking for. This isn't about small gripes or things the game is missing (and no we do not *need* voice acting--good god I do not trust this fanbase to not harass the actors either). I'm asking about actually annoying stuff.
And yet, something being "actually annoying" is HIGHLY dependent upon each individuals own perception, and therefore highly variable... Because everyone is different, and level of annoyance of something is not a concrete or consistent thing (unlike, say, color or size), what could be just a "small gripe" for you could be "actually/highly annoying" for someone else and vice-versa, and because of this there is no fair or appropriate way to enforce which complaints are "actually annoying" and which are not.

TLDR: You've created an opinion-based thread, not a fact-based one, and you cannot say/judge that one opinion is more right or wrong than others.

Last edited:

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
How many of these things though are things that SERIOUSLY annoyed you versus just being minor gripes?

MidnightHo-Oh

How many of these things though are things that SERIOUSLY annoyed you versus just being minor gripes?
You still don't get it... You even gave a contradiction of your own above when you said you love Veluza after someone else posted about hating them, but here, let me give some examples of my own:

You know how the mini-map is apparently a SERIOUS annoyance of yours, particularly how you're unable to pin it to north? Yeah, I could genuinely & honestly not care less about that as it doesn't bother me in the slightest and I'm just appreciative of having a mini-map.

Also, you're probably aware of how some people get sooooooooooooo seriously bent out of shape over the forced Exp Share always being on? Guess what, I'm one of those who truly appreciates this feature because as a busy adult with a wife, a house, two dogs, a full time career, and eventually children, I don't have time to grind like I would in the old days. This feature also grants me the opportunity to easily try out new Pokémon even later on in my playthrough.

And before you jump down my throat saying I must just love everything, there are still things that actually annoy me, such as raids of 5+ stars being (in my opinion) much more difficult to succeed in solo & without specific Pokémon / strategies. And yes, this does "SERIOUSLY annoy" me when I find a raid I really want, such as Walking Wake and/or Iron Leaves that took several days and some luck to finally capture.

I can also agree with Janejane on the degree of annoyance for no interiors, and personally am still very irritated that there is STILL no permanent auto-sort for PC Boxes and/or Pokémon Home.

Lastly, I find it incredibly annoying and slightly offensive just how much you use "oh my god" or "oh god" in your posts/comments... but as I'm trying to help you understand, that's clearly a phrase that doesn't bother you in the slightest because: everyone has different opinions, and every opinion is just as valid as any other.

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
As someone has stated previously in this thread, this is an opinion based question. What is a minor gripe to you could be something incredibly annoying to someone else. There really is no right or wrong answer.

For example, Veluza is one of the most annoying Pokémon in this game for me—way more annoying than Sharpedo was in the Isle of Armour. For you, you stated you like Veluza. Both answers are totally fine. Opinions are just that.

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
Veluza.

I like to pin the next raid location in the map so I can there while riding Koraidon but whenever I'm crossing the rivers this thing spawns, it ends up annoying me with forced encounters. Gets worse when the game gets slower duo the frame-rates issue.

Now that's a species I won't mind seeing Dexit'd on Gen 10.
Brrrrr, i haven't encountered a Veluza yet, but it still makes me get the chills about those damned Sharpedo's in the Island of Armor oceans.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I don’t like that Pokémon cry out after they knock out an opponent especially in a Double Battle. It’s cool the few first times but get a bit annoying the more it happens

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
You can turn it off. I did that with the menu buttons in Gen 9. Sheesh, so loud even on low volume
You can? Guess you learn something new everyday. Thanks for letting me know I’ll have to change that next time I play because I will go crazy if I here Skeledirge’s cry again

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
You can? Guess you learn something new everyday. Thanks for letting me know I’ll have to change that next time I play because I will go crazy if I here Skeledirge’s cry again
It's better than having to find the headset from a old man, in the third city if i remember correctly before Fire Gym in Gen 8