• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Most Broken Yugioh Decks

Status
Not open for further replies.

X-Lucario

King of Losers
I was trying to build a deck, I was trying to build a deck for fun and not choose one that is broken. I went looking online but the most recent thing I found was from last year in July so I thought that it would be useful to have discussion in the forums about which decks are ,for lack of a better word, broken.

I was wondering if these decks were good or bad or broken.

Fire Fists
Evilswarm/Steelswarm
Gemini
Hazy Flame
Fire King

Orre

Yep those are all pretty brokugon, for optimal brokenness I suggest a prophecy deck or a dark world deck. The former being expensive and the latter being cheap, however.

X-Lucario

King of Losers
Are they as bad as the blackwings?

Last edited:

shadowswampert93

Fire Fists and Evilswarms are hot right now, Bujins have been getting better and better with each set, and Spellbooks are still running around, too. There's also Noble Knights, Constellars, Gravekeepers are getting new support too in LVAL. I'm pretty sure Mermails and Inzektors are still good too

X-Lucario

King of Losers
Hmm I was afraid of that cuz I already have a fire fist deck I'm building but heard that it might be better than I expected. I might sound lame but I don't want a serious meta game deck, just a deck I can call my own and hopefully it is half decent.

LizardonX

Banned
Fire fists and geargia are the strongest TCG legal decks atm, but the last 2 truely broken decks were judgment spellbooks and baby rulers.

X-Lucario

King of Losers
Where do the blackwings currently stand?

Crawley007

Blackwings are decent. Not Top Tier but you can win with them. They'd be a pretty good choice if you don't want meta but still want something that can win.

X-Lucario

King of Losers
Huh that's odd blackwings is my current deck. I didn't ask about it originally because of that but i'd heard it no held the stature it had, which is alright for me cuz i just really like the cards. Would you beloeve it if i said i was already considering building a deck with them when i saw the first three after they came out? Though i wouldn't blame for not believing me. But I recently used it at a gathering of yugioh players, and some people may have groaned about it a little. So I was just curious about it is all.

Cobalt2

Some Random Guy...
Blackwiings are good solely because of kalut mindgames and the ability to spam and still gain advantage with whirlwind. Certainly a decent contender. Fire Fists, Evilswarm, and Fire Kings are good. Hazy Flames, Gemini, and Steelswarm may be good budget decks and could be fun on a casual level.

Crawley007

Huh that's odd blackwings is my current deck. I didn't ask about it originally because of that but i'd heard it no held the stature it had, which is alright for me cuz i just really like the cards. Would you beloeve it if i said i was already considering building a deck with them when i saw the first three after they came out? Though i wouldn't blame for not believing me. But I recently used it at a gathering of yugioh players, and some people may have groaned about it a little. So I was just curious about it is all.

I would completely believe you because so did I :p I used to love Blackwings and I had all 3 of the first ones and mixed them with Harpie Lady and Winged Beast cards to make an actually pretty decent deck for back then!

Theo-92

Addicted to running karakuri. It's about the only deck I have had any interest in playing for a while now, although a friend has told me about a sea lancer/ruler deck that has perked my interest.

Really Bored of TCG at the moment with it's Set 4/5 backrow mentality and really jealous of OCG with their recent F+L list update.

Baby rulers was such a good deck to run and the mirrors were mental, shame it had to go but also nessecary. It was that good the hate carried on into the next format haha.

X-Lucario

King of Losers
Yeah so maybe ill think about either a steelswarm, Gemini or hazy flame deck just for casual play. And Crowley I ran mine in winged beast deck and for awhile in a dark based deck lol.

X-Lucario

King of Losers
So what do you think of the madoche (I probably didn't spell that right) you know the cupcakes that recycle themselves, I have played them several times and they can be pretty annoying. Not to mention they have a strategy that allows them to attack infinitely and if you have a strong monster on the field you lose, because of a card that inflicts damage whenever a madoche does battle and with the right cards the opponent takes no damage. At least that's a strategy that was used on me once.

So what do you think of the madoche (I probably didn't spell that right) you know the cupcakes that recycle themselves, I have played them several times and they can be pretty annoying. Not to mention they have a strategy that allows them to attack infinitely and if you have a strong monster on the field you lose, because of a card that inflicts damage whenever a madoche does battle and with the right cards the opponent takes no damage. At least that's a strategy that was used on me once.

the deck is good. very good once Madolche Angelly comes out. definitely a higher tiered deck imo.

tiraimisu is a VERY good card.

X-Lucario

King of Losers
the deck is good. very good once Madolche Angelly comes out. definitely a higher tiered deck imo.

tiraimisu is a VERY good card.

Agreed that tiramisu is a good card, and that Angelly is going to improve the the efficiency. Already an annoying deck, one I prefer to call devil food cake decks.

Back in the day zombies, lightsworn, dark armed dragon and blackwings were really good. We already talked about the blackwings and assuming the rumors I've heard of dad(dark armed dragon) decks continued tyranny are true, how are the others?

Crawley007

Agreed that tiramisu is a good card, and that Angelly is going to improve the the efficiency. Already an annoying deck, one I prefer to call devil food cake decks.

Back in the day zombies, lightsworn, dark armed dragon and blackwings were really good. We already talked about the blackwings and assuming the rumors I've heard of dad(dark armed dragon) decks continued tyranny are true, how are the others?

Dark Armed Dragon as a card is still amazing and widely used but decks based around him are not really that good anymore. Lightsworn are just a deck based almost entirely on luck, but they are getting new stuff. And Zombies, it depends who you ask. Some people swear by them that they are awesome now and are going to get even better but most GOOD players I know anyway agree it will never be Top Tier pretty much ever.

X-Lucario

King of Losers
That's good to know, but speaking of top tier what would be accepted as 'top tier'?

mjunior3

Link Jokers!
Blackwing, Fire Fist, E-Dragon, E-Hero (IMO), Mermail/Atlantean, Constellar, 'Ilswarm, and with Primal Origins, Galaxy/Photon

Crawley007

That's good to know, but speaking of top tier what would be accepted as 'top tier'?

Nothing is Tier 1 other than Fire Fist and Geargia really by definition. Maybe Spellbooks, Mermail, and a few others. Tier 1 actually has to have 1st place large tournament wins which things like Blackwings and Lightsworns don't have even 1 first place finish LATELY. Of course they have in the past.

Right here will give you an idea http://www.pojo.biz/board/showthread.php?t=1169852

There are no official Tiers yet because there haven't been any biggest scale tournaments yet but if you scroll down a little more it shows all of the Regional Tops.

Status
Not open for further replies.