• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Most Dissapointing Pokemon You Have Used From The 5th Generation

Status
Not open for further replies.

abrar14

Statter Master
Did you use a Pokémon from the fifth generation that you expected to be good, but were let down by it? Well tell us who it is!

Estellise

peachy
Liepard.I thought Purrlion was a great pokemon at first.Then it evolved into Liepard.I checked its stats and I almost cried.Liepard has a base stat of 446.I stopped using Liepard after that.

TheEliteEmpoleon

Golurk. It was the "odd" pokemon in my team from the minute I caught it. It helped a lot but I was expecting a bit better from it. I still like it and use it on my team. And I'm also dissappointed in Zebstrika. It was always the weak one on my team. The only thing it has is speed.

Aurath8

Simisage. It was great early on in the game as I got the Leaf Stone fairly early while most of my other Pokemon reached their final stage in the late 30s. Until then it remained a powerful member of the team but as others evolved and got powerful moves, it began to fall behind.

Also Emboar. This was partly my fault though because it gave it weak moves such as Flamethrower and Brick Break over more powerful moves such as Flare Blitz and Hammer Arm. It just wasn't as powerful as Infernape and his Close Combat and Typhlosion with his Eruption.

Metalhead9838772

Fearless Trainer
Simisear, since I didn't knew it wouldn't learn ANY moves after evolving. His strongest attacks were bite/incinerate, so...XD

Ricky_Ragger

Serperior and Simisage. I started my game over because of these two huge disappointments.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
Pansear, Liepard. I was dissapointed with Pansears lack of good moves and Liepards stats after I evolved it : (

Zebstrika and Sawsbuck were pretty good, but they weren't the best on my team, although I did like them

Larry

On my first playthrough I used Simisear and Unfezant. Simisear is the worst out of the 3 and Unfezant can't do crap.

Swoobat was not very good.

Never use Swoobat

I'm currently using Swoobat now and it's putting in work.

Darth Revan

Coming Out!
The monkies

Kukem

I don't think I have time to list all the Pokemon from the 5th Gen that I was disappointed with. Most of the Pokemon you get close to the beginning of the game like Zebstrika, The elemental monkeys, all of the ones that were listed already, Almost any electric pokemon in the game, some of the grass types, there are a lot of bug types too that faint really easy and even some of the Legendaries don't live up to the hype. This has been my least favourite set of games out of all of them.

Blazikener

Generation Equality
Well, the Simisear was useless after I got Victini.
Archeops' Ability really ticked me off, he gradually became useless because his terrible typing made it too easy for the NPCs to lower health.

Drummerdude

For me, it has to be Zorua/Zoroark. Yes its ability is a lot of fun to mess with and once you get good TM's after the Elite 4 it can be a good Pokemon, but ingame I found its early moveset poor and it cannot take a hit. I actually preferred Liepard over Zoroark during my Dark monotype run which is pretty sad. I have also used a Zoroark in a normal ingame team before as well with similar results.

Summer of the Vulpix

Go with the Flow
I have to agree with the pokemon already mentioned.

I stopped using purrloin since it always fainted, and my tranquill is somewhat ok but is used mostly for flying.

pokeguru

I like to play hero!
It's been a long time since I posted here.

Anyway, my guess would be Bisharp. Since it is a dark and steel type Pokemon, both taking double damage from fighting types, it was swept away by a Lucario's aura sphere.

Steelia

forever.
Victini was . . . very underwhelming. I was sorely disappointed. I got a Pickup puppy specifically to get Great Balls and other such items for this little apple demon, and it was so boring to raise, and it wasn't much use in battle either. I think it was even Modest, and that didn't save it. Now it's just sitting in my box completely forgotten... Victini's cute, but it's pretty overrated. Should've saved my Fire- or Psychic-type spot for something better.

Grei

not the color
Seismitoad was a bit of disappointment for me. Palpitoad/Seismitoad was one of those really good midgame Pokemon that just gets totally outclassed by the late game. I used Seismitoad in my first playthrough, and in that playthrough I used Samurott more, even though it had a really crappy nature and IVs.

I guess since I brought him up, Samurott is mildly disappointing. He's good, but he's not great, which is the drawback of him being so damn balanced. He never really seems to excel.

In the one instance I used him, Golurk was underwhelming. I spent a TON of time leveling up Golett on Victory Road to get a Golurk before the Elite Four, and ended up not using him at all because he just didn't seem to be better than other, more economical options.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.