• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Most Dissapointing Pokemon You Have Used From The 5th Generation

Status
Not open for further replies.

NickrossxD

Battle Me!!!
I ALWAYS hated Swoobat. Its SAtk is like 80 (don't quote me on that) and its Atk is like 60, while its signature move is physical! Oh my lord...

Arvis

zebstrika was a dissapointment to me. i thought it was a good idea to get it since it appeared very early in the game but i wasn't. as soon as the main story ended i boxed it and i haven't used it ever since

ImMichael

Pop Punk, Bro.
Druddigon. It looks SO cool and strong and then when I actually got one, and raised it... It's useless. It's just so inferior to all the other dragons, even the ones from this gen. Still, the shiny sprite is pretty cool, I guess. Zebstrika also sucked. I loved Zebstrika early on in the game, but it's turned out later to be pretty sad.

Claus351

Shiny hunter :)
probably the pidove line. not fast or strong in any way. I eventually stopped using it except for fly.

5sniperwolf

ToxicFlame-Breeder
The Elemental monkeys were very disapointing to me, Pansear totally owned by a Darumaka, I used deerling instead of Pansage and really impressed me, even with all the weaknesses, and well I didn't used Panpour since I chose Oshawott

hyacinth

100% agree about the elemental monkeys
dont't really like Throh and Sawk just naff versions of Hitmons i can't stand them as it looks like clothes they are wearing which to me is just wrong

*Sharp*

Elite 4
Probably my Zebstrika or Samurott. I found that they became very diminished after a while, especially since my other pokemon were getting all the action.

E27

Either Zebstrika or Vanilluxe. I thought Vanilluxe would be really good with a high special attack but its move pool is so shallow.

EnragedSwalot

Interestingly enough...
I raised up a Scrafty to level 100. But now I honestly feel like it was a waste of time. He's one of my weaker level 100s, and I would never use him on a competitive team unless there was some sort of strategy involving him.

Tulnekaya

Novice Breeder
Munna and Liepard took the spot, hands down. I never liked the monkies that much, so they weren't so much disappointing as "type coverage until I get someting better"

Crimson Penguin

Marchin' on
Hmm... Simisear was pretty disappointing on my first runthrough of Black. I later replaced it with Chandelure.

Zoroark was also a bit weak compared to the rest of my team in another Black file. Besides having a Speed-reducing nature and learning mostly physical and support moves, she really couldn't take any hits. My Galvantula in White had a similar problem with being frail and underpowered.

Musharna wasn't exactly disappointing, but it is hard to use with its slow speed.

☭Secret_Shocker☭

I thought Sawk and Throh were powerful, but they actually sucked. So back on the PC they were.

Hidden Power

I don't think I've yet to have a wholly disappointing Pokemon in my team thus far. During my first playthrough I used :497::553::584::596::609::620:. It was more of a trial run where I picked my team based on looks. I went for the right nature and ability for all of them but did not bother with any proper EV training. The weakest link then was probably Vanilluxe, since it was only good against Dragon types, while Ground, Grass and Flying type can be covered by Galvantula and Serperior. And Ice type is naturally not a very defensive type so it was more of a struggle than usual. And ironically I struggled with Ghetsis because Vanilluxe was outsped and KOed by his Hydreigon, otherwise Ice Beam would have done its job.

On my second run though, oh boy, it was a like an all-star team (for in-game use), :497::508::558::563::601::628:. Before I started out a new game I decided on my team first, and then looked up Bulbapedia for their base stats, chose the moveset they should have using some of Smogon's information also EV trained all of them. Even Crustle, which was the weakest in terms of stats, did its job well. Did I mention that I was playing Set mode instead of Shift mode as well?

I see a lot of people posting Serperior here. I'm not sure what your Serperior uses, but mine's SpA/Spd EVed, given Giga Drain/Leech Seed/Reflect/Lightscreen and holding Light Clay. Pretty much the leader of my team, provides great team support and has little issues with getting KOed.

Some of the Pokemon you guys mentioned have piqued my interest though, I think I'll try using them when I have the chance to, unless it's one that I personally dislike of course. And it also helps if you post the moveset of the Pokemon you were disappointed with and its fellow team members, since it might be a result of bad overall strategy and coverage.

Last edited:

Halros

Ace trainer
I HATED purrloin. and masharna was a bit of a dissapointment to

verdian

Pika-Awesome!
My freakin' swoobat and my unfezant
my SWOOBAT was EXXXXXTRRRREEEEEEEMMMMLLLLLYYY pathetic
same goes for unfezant

I guess I'll jump on the Purrloin/Liepard bandwagon. The first time you play it you're like wow this purple cat thing looks awesome I'm going to use it! and then you realize it's damage dealt:damage taken ratio is horrid. Zoroark and Bisharp were up there too simply because they were made of paper.

Status
Not open for further replies.