• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Most Dissapointing Pokemon You Have Used From The 5th Generation

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrozenConstellation

There for grace I go
Samurott. His stats were too even...I could get him to do anything but...none of his stats were particularly good...so...:<

char char

Professional Shut-In
I was all excited to use Galvantula, not only because of its unique typing but its design was amazing.
I quickly discovered how useless it was aside from it's speed. None of its attacks were very good and overall, it was just a let down.

Yeah, I was really excited by Golurk's typing and how cool it looked before I knew anything about it. Then I saw its speed stat.

Hydreigon6507

I remember when I used an Emolga in White 1... I ditched it not long after the sixth Gym and it was a trade from Black. It failed to suffice even with the extra EXP.

Mr.FusRoDah

As for one that gave me hurt feels...
Gigalith, cool to look at and an attack that shreds faces, but every other stat seems sad, to the point that aside from my Shiny one and maybe that one I got on my white 2 (specimen dude here lol), I don't care for them too much, and often just keep Roggenrolas unevolved (because Boldore is okay and all, but I just like Roggenrolas better) and place them next to Geodudes in my PC for paralel comparison.

I was all excited to use Galvantula, not only because of its unique typing but its design was amazing.
I quickly discovered how useless it was aside from it's speed. None of its attacks were very good and overall, it was just a let down.
Really? I've been using Galvantula since I got a Joltik in an early trade when I was messing around with the new wi-fi features. As far as the electrics go in this game, none seem very impressive. At least in-game, Galvantula's speed and special attack are good enough that STAB-ed electric and bug special attacks KO most in one hit. I also tend to over-level, so that might explain it.

Ropav

Howls of Loneliness
I would say pansage, pansear, and panpour and their evolved forms because they always fainted to easily.

I would say pansage, pansear, and panpour and their evolved forms because they always fainted to easily.

I can't say the same. I had Simisage in White, and she was one of my key members, even when I was facing the Elite Four! Maybe it's how you use them? *Shrugs*

Dylz

Trainer since 1997
I find most of them are a waste of space, but my most disappointing was Watchog, it looks like a big tanker, but gets k0ed so easy....

Earendil

Zebstrika is one for me... I caught one during my first playthrough in White so I would have an Electric-type on my team, and it's turned out to simply be completely underwhelming. It's got good speed, but its defenses are quite poor, and it has almost no movepool; it can only learn like three or four physical moves with a base power of more than 50 (which is pretty sad). Of course, I knew none of this until later on, as all of the Pokemon were completely unknown to me at that point.

Zebstrika is one for me... I caught one during my first playthrough in White so I would have an Electric-type on my team, and it's turned out to simply be completely underwhelming. It's got good speed, but its defenses are quite poor, and it has almost no movepool; it can only learn like three or four physical moves with a base power of more than 50 (which is pretty sad). Of course, I knew none of this until later on, as all of the Pokemon were completely unknown to me at that point.
Totally agreed there; I played through the first five or six gyms with Zebstrika and was massively let down. Electric is one of my favorite types, so I looked through the Pokedex, comparing stats and movepools of electrics in Unova and settled on Galvantula. Have you tried Galvantula out? He's one of my favorites on my team. Pretty miserable defense, like Zebstrika, but a good special attack and speed to make up for it. OHKO's most that I put it up against (in-game).

nikko.ideator

2022 7801 5735
Liepard.I thought Purrlion was a great pokemon at first.Then it evolved into Liepard.I checked its stats and I almost cried.Liepard has a base stat of 446.I stopped using Liepard after that.

I enjoyed using my Liepard. Sure, it may not be the best, but it's classy and elegant looking, and if you run Hone Claws, it can do its job decently. Sure, it's outclassed. Sure, it's not the best, but my Liepard (nicknamed Garfield) has sure grown on me.

I liked all the Gen V Pokemon I've used so far, but I'd probably have to say Eelektross. My expectations for it were so high, and while it was very effective, it wasn't the no-weaknesses powerhouse I expected it to be. Shame. Perhaps it'll be improved in Gen VI.

Thomas Elliot

I AM HUSH
Pokemon of this generation looks were truly deceiving.
Generally disappointed in all the starters, was not feeling the way they looked. So tired of the Fire/Fighting type for the starter as well.
Carracosta was another bad *** looking pokemon who turned out to be horrible.
Virizion was the first legendary I caught, I was so excited to use it, turned out it sucked too.
Was looking for fire pokemon alternatives, and started using Heatmor,what a huge mistake.

Arlo

...and so on...
I honestly haven't been *disappointed* in any of them. For instance, I expected my elemental monkey to only be so-so - just a stopgap to make up for my starter's weakness - so I wasn't disappointed that that's all it was. I expected the early ones (and their evolutions) to be okay but nothing special, so I wasn't disappointed when that's all they were (and was pleasantly surprised when I found that Stoutland can be a passable wannabe Curselax). I expected the mid-game ones with an awesome stat or two (like Joltik/Galvantula) to have some other poor stat(s) to balance them out, so I wasn't disappointed when they did. All of that's just the way things have always been in Pokemon games, really.

Personally, I've had just the opposite reaction, overall, to the Unova dex - I've been surprised by how many of them impressed me when I didn't expect them to, like Leavanny or Technician Cinccino.

For whatever all that's worth...

I never actually expected Liepard to be good, but I was hoping for it to be at least decent. It was not. I had considered swapping Liepard out for Zoroark during my White play through. I never did since I usually like sticking with the first Pokemon I caught after my starter. If Liepard just learned some more physical moves or something, it wouldn't be as bad. Sure, it's not horrible, but it's not very great. At least it's cute.

Also Unfezant. Unfezant is not good either, but I like her anyway. The birds at the beginning are never that great (except Staraptor), but I mean... Unfezant is just not good. Not the best Attack...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.