• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Most Dissapointing Pokemon You Have Used From The 5th Generation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragonquester

Fear the dragon
For me it would be simisear. In my white version i evolved it early to take on burgh cause he really annoyed me. I kept one in my party during white2 because i needed a fire type, but thats it.

Raguna

Magikarp. The best.
The elemental monkeys were so underwhelming. I seriously tried to use them, but I couldn't. They just fell way behind many of the other late game pokémon. And also Zoroark. The only way to use him is with the help of TM's. His movepool is just horrible. His ability is a fun one, though.

BBtheASH

A Fairy Specialized Trainer
Unefezant.....(sorry for mispelling if I spelled it wrong)
It just never seemed to stay alive.

VaironGod

Dunsparce>Arceus
Zebstrika, I ended up ditching it after the fifth gym in pokemon white. It didn't have that great a moveset and didn't hit hard enough :/

I still love the Pokemon though art and design wise (and it is decent in the nu competitive scene) ^.^

Flying Weasel

For me it was Beartic. I had started a second play through on my brothers black (he was going to restart anyways) I didn't really like it I just felt like giving it a try. I guess I just didn't really get all that into it and I started missing all of my others from my first play through. Especially my Musharna almost took on half of the dark E4 guys pokemon with it. Just kept using hypnosis and nightmare over and over again.

nathandg0924

Back in the meantime
I'd say Serperior. I chose him a starter at one playtrough and in the end, he really didn't prove to be that good as compared to the other starters.

Firebrand

Indomitable
Heatmor. It had stats that would have made it pretty viable around mid-game, but by the time I got one at Victory Road, it just wasn't up to par with the other pokemon I had trained.

Roihu

Flygon was very underwhelming. It had good attacks. It had good speed. It just didn't have that punch I needed.

Scrafty was also a very unused Pokemon in my team. It was strong, but it was simply too slow and for some reason, the CPU ALWAYS had a fighting-type attack whenever I did use it. It wasn't useless, just could've used it a lot more.

Pikafleg

Twenty-Six!
Stoutland, unfortunately. I got lilipup because I love dogs, and it pretty good for most of the story but then afterwards in comparison with my other pokemon it is pretty weak and low stats. It is sorta cool though, but I've twice now had to abandon using it....

Hilda

My Black team was: Simisear, Excadrill, Unfezant, Chandelure, Samurott and Crustle. I did not have any problems with either of them.
Black 2 team is: Emboar, Swanna, Flygon, Glaceon, Sandslash and Zoroark. Strangely, Flygon gave me the most trouble, it even has dragon claw and bulldoze.

moneylesswario

Gone But Not Forgotten
Simisage was pretty disappointing. The other two simian Pokemon were pretty bad too, but not as bad as Simisage.

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
Probably durant. I thought it was much stronger than mine turned out to be. Also braviary just because it took forever to evolve rufflet.

Status
Not open for further replies.