• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Most Dissapointing Pokemon You Have Used From The 5th Generation

Status
Not open for further replies.

tyranitar.armaldo

King of the reptiles
Any of the monkey family is dissapointing. And on personal experiance during my playthrough I fouind that Scolipede and Zebstrika, while good early on as they evolved quick, were no match for any of the pokemon from the flying gym onwards.

Tynamo though, no matter how much people tell you its not worth all the effort of raiseing, its fantastic once it reaches final form. Sawsbuck was similer, until it learned Wood horn it has to rely on Jump kick to do alot of damage, but once learned is amazing.

And Haxorus took a long time to raise, but even in its younger forms it could take higher leveled pokemon out easily, so not as difficult as Tynamo.

Thomas Elliot

I AM HUSH
Tepig and all it's evolutions- I think it was just weak. I absolutely hate all of the starters and their evolutions, but I think I chose him because I never go for the Fire type. Although he was a staple of my team, his move set and weaknesses just make me hate him. Plus he is ugly as Emboar.
Thundurus-I have Pokemon White and so it made no sense to me as to why Pokemon Black gets a Fire Dragon legendary and a Flying legendary yet we are stuck with two Electric based legendaries. I feel that was poor planning on GF's part.
Hydreigon-It got all the love in game, so I figured I'd try it out. Was not my cup of tea. I'll stick with Garchomp.
Virizion- I was highly excited when I finally caught him, but he just turned out to be weak any time I used him. Same for Cobalion.
Pure Fighting types- Just their movesets didn't impress me, and the options they gave us were horrible. There are like 4 pure fighting pokemon available (excluded the pre-evolutions here, just including the full evolutions) Not to mention I felt like they were grasping at straws here and said well let's make variations of Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan, Lucario and Machamp.

What really really disapointed me, Jelicent, it had an awsome design (minus the girl design) a cool type (water,ghost) and an awsome power it has out of game (the ability to suck the life out of others) but looses out on moves, abilities and finnaly stats. What was going to be my favorite pokemon became one of my least favorite that i try to find a use for.

Aura Of Twilight

Forever Clueless
I'd have to say the monkeys and Swoobat. They had a lot of potential, but their stats were horrible...

Hmm... Strange that my Sawsbuck, Hydreigon, and Vanilluxe were pretty good on my team, but...

Id have to say that Simisage, Stoutland, Emboar, and Serperior were all letdowns... I love Serperior, just not the one I have. My Simisage is a HM Slave, and Stoutland hasnt been used ever since beating the Elite Four. ( the stoutland wasnt any help ) i replaced him with a shiny Rufflet, now Braviary, i recieved from a Japanese trainer. I never use my Emboar anymore, he was replaced with a Lucario. Lucario will always be my fighting pokemon :)

(though i really think they overdid the fighting/fire starters. There needs to be a change )

red2000

Liger Zero!!!
Pansear..... That thing.....Ugh, I though I'd keep with Cheren and Bianca's team by keeping it, lets just say it didnt make it out of Striaton City

EmboarTyrant

Mewtwo Trainer
You all must have bad experiences with some of these. I think my Emboar is awesome, and he seemed fast enough for me to dish out hits before the opponent. Simisage also seems to be getting a bad rap, as the only reason I am not using her right now, is because I am not to keen on grass types anyway, but that is my favorite. But my Emboar (which I named Hikaru) is a must have for the Elite Four. The design is awesome, and (for mine) it's best stats are in Attack and Sp. Attack, which is perfect for my fighting style. I understand it has it's limits, as ALL pokemon have, but Emboar is by far my favorite Fire Starter.

coolminun

Banned
No, I didn't really have any. My galvantula, Doryuzu, Samurott, Swoobat, and Rehiram were all pretty good. I guess swoobat was the worst

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
You all must have bad experiences with some of these. I think my Emboar is awesome, and he seemed fast enough for me to dish out hits before the opponent. Simisage also seems to be getting a bad rap, as the only reason I am not using her right now, is because I am not to keen on grass types anyway, but that is my favorite. But my Emboar (which I named Hikaru) is a must have for the Elite Four. The design is awesome, and (for mine) it's best stats are in Attack and Sp. Attack, which is perfect for my fighting style. I understand it has it's limits, as ALL pokemon have, but Emboar is by far my favorite Fire Starter.

I had a similar case to you, my Emboar actually has good Speed. He probably has a combination of a Jolly nature and good Speed IVs. He can even outspeed Liepard without using Flame Charge.

Emboar is not the worst if trained correctly.

Gothita and Litwick were so weak and so slow--especially Litwick! It was really annoying to raise them, but I like them better now that they've evolved. I really like Gothitelle's and Chandelure's designs, but I don't think I could train them again. They were bloody annoying.

I used both on my team and they didn't disappoint me. Mine are both Level 94.

I think I had to baby my Chandelure with an Exp. Share when she was a Litwick, she got better when she evolved. Now she not only is one of my hard-hitters, she also helps speed up the time when I'm hatching eggs.

Gothita was easy to train in my case, mine did get a good nature (I think Calm is very beneficial for its Sp. Def). Now my Gothitelle holds an Amulet Coin so I just send her out against a Trainer if I am in need of money.

They aren't disappointing if trained right.

Garbodor will always be the worst for me.

Last edited:

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Swoobat. It's an evolved Pokemon, but it gets defeated way too often, thanks to its pitiful stats. No other evolved Pokemon I've ever used gets defeated in battle as often as Swoobat.

Not even its offensive stats are good, its Base SAtk is only 77, and its Base Attack is even lower, which means most of the time it will need to attack a few times before it can defeat its opponent, which also means it must take a few hits.....and with only 55 Base Def & SDef along with only 67 Base HP, it clearly can't take even a single hit.

Also, Zen Mode Darmanitan. I didn't even need to use it for a long time to know Zen Mode is trash.

Howie Cheeto

I concur with Swoobat and the monkeys...i traded them away almost as soon as I got them. Swoobat, though i guess, disappointed me the most. Its not saying much w/ its stats, but i was expecting more from it during my playthrough.

zeno48

Zaker!
Swoobat and unfeazant were ones i trained but ended up dissapointed in them that i released them as soon as i imported my pokemon. Zen mode darmanitan is just awful and also archeops with that useless ability. Just shoot it like farfetch.

niklnip

Flygon Fangirl
Unfezant. UNFEZANT. Why did I ever try to train THAT terrible thing...? It got OHKO'd by the simplist opponents!
I didn't really like my Scolipede either. Aren't they supposed to be good? Mabye mine had a bad nature.....

Kall El

..Silence..
Tough choice to be honest but i'd say maybe the monkeys I used in both games ..
I mean they weren't that bad but fell behind in the pecking order.
Samurott was my shining gold and armour but I prefered it's pre-evo's
But all in all, Simisear for me :]

A Mew

Not a glitch
The monkeys probably. Also my Emboar, it wasn't that bad, but I honestly prefer Infernape/Blaziken. When B2/W2 comes out I'll probably switch to Samurott. This is the first time I have preferred the water type starter. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.