• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Most Dissapointing Pokemon You Have Used From The 5th Generation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Streetlight

The Unfezant line and Zebstrika line. Unfezant just looks like complete and utter crap in my opinion and is not that useful and Zebstrika, while looking fairly awesome, just can't take a hit. You don't know how happy I am that GameFreak is giving me a Braviary right after Castelia and offering us more Electric types in BW2.

Lepidus

The Shogunate
The Monkeys in all honesty. Sure they can be great special attackers, what with Nasty Plot and 100 base speed, but to be frank, they're still outclassed by many other Pokemon in their respective typings. Especially Simisage, which is sad because his design is probably one of my favorite in the entire generation.

Serenna

The Pidove evolutionary line.

Actually caught a Pidove and used it for my 1st runthrough. Noticed that it's Special Attack is much higher than its Attack and the moveset has mostly Physical Attack Flying moves.

To say that was disappointing is an understatement. I want my Starly back.

Wolfangs

Pokemon Breeder
I don't think I have time to list all the Pokemon from the 5th Gen that I was disappointed with. Most of the Pokemon you get close to the beginning of the game like Zebstrika, The elemental monkeys, all of the ones that were listed already, Almost any electric pokemon in the game, some of the grass types, there are a lot of bug types too that faint really easy and even some of the Legendaries don't live up to the hype. This has been my least favourite set of games out of all of them.

I approve this message 100%

clownieo

I never encountered any issues with any of my Pokemon in the 5th generation. I simply train them until they can OHKO most of the Pokemon I encountered. However, I did give up on my swoobat, although that wasn't until AFTER I defeated the Elite Four (he was level 66).

Simipour disappointed me. I used it so I could counter fire early in the game, as I chose Serperior. Sure, it had good speed and scald was pretty nice, but I found it to be too fragile. Definitely not using it in anymore playthroughs.

Matoro

Toa of Ice
Always liked grass types but Serperior was crappy. Always go dual-type. Best moves were stuff like Leech seed and Giga Drain. Just stay-alive stuff.

Serperior, worst grass starter final evolution for me. It's a good thing that I have an Emboar and Samurott though.

DragoniteRules1

Pokemon Breeder
I caught a Zebstrika and used him until I beat Ghetsis then I ditched him as a Flash slave and caught a Bisharp.

Last edited:

kaiser soze

Reading ADWD
Zebstrika got ditched after beating the E4. I had a Bold Serperior; that was a pain. I never used the monkeys beyond beating the first gym, however.

Schade

Metallic Wonder
I imagined Zoroark to be better.

The Pan/Simi line; its so unnecessary. And you are right, Zebstrika does great appeal wise but it's attacks and defenses are totally humiliating.

Donesparce

Professional Loser
I tried using a Vanilluxe. It was a floating double scoop of ice cream, what could be more awesome? Apparently pretty much everything.

I caught a Vanillite going through the game, but its moveset was awful and it was weaker than everything else around it. I put it on hold until the post game. There, I went through the E4 with the Exp. share a few times until it evolved twice. From there... it was still nothing special. It's learnset consists of ice moves, normal moves, and Flash Cannon. All of its stats are pretty average besides Special Attack, but with only Ice Beam and Flash Cannon and low speed it's not gonna take a whole lot down. Such a cool Pokemon that just doesn't reach its potential, pun intended.

Jacobthepokemonfreak

Fly it all away!
I really don't get this, my modest simipour (white) and simisear (black) beat the the living daylights out of EVERYONE!!

I thought archeops was a boss, i thought it couldn't get any better, until i noticed its ability. That is not an ability, that is a letdown.

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
Unfezant - It's a shame I could never use it the way I used Staraptor on my team. It just wasn't powerful enough for my tastes.
Zebstrika - Its visual appealing is amazing, but it was way too fragile.
Archen line - I really dislike drawback-only abilities, even for flavor reasons. What's the point of halving stats when below half health when you can't even kill anything when you're at full health to begin with? (That's just my experience.)

I'd say something about the Pans and Simis, but personally I think those were made to get you past Striaton City. Of course, I'm stubborn for thinking this, since I never used them afterward, but still...

And in the same vein as the Archen line, Regigigas. I know it's not a fifth generation Pokémon, but I just hate its Slow Start ability.

DMerle

Guess who's back
With Black and White I didn't really like the Pokémon offered to you early on. In DPP I felt that before the 2nd or 3rd gym I could of caught 2/3 Pokémon which were cool and good in battle, Poochyena, Starly, Shinx, etc. But in Black and White it seemed I was waiting forever until I could catch a Pokémon which would actually stay on my team.

Status
Not open for further replies.