• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Most Dissapointing Pokemon You Have Used From The 5th Generation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vandslaux

Purrloin. It dies too easily early game with lack of decent moves. I mean, Scratch for 12 levels? That's it?

Poke_Mania97

God of Fire
Haxorus. I thought it would OWN. turns out it was weak as hell. thank God there was hydreigon to the rescue ;)

Another would be Emboar - looked so EPIC in the pictures, but very weak with defense

finally Serperior - before bw came out, this was the one for me to get, when i got it, it was complete garbage.

Dark Storm

Frozen Solid!
I had high hopes for Galvantula, but it really did not impress me. It might just have been this particular one, but it took forever to level up and would faint after a 1x effective move. However, one trip to Chargestone Cave and my new Eelektross did the trick :D

I found Galvantula to be surprisingly excellent, nothing manages to get a single hit on it with it's super speed and accurate Thunders.

Da Man X

Cυrsιvε Rσcκs-DαMαπΧ
Thε mσst dissαροιπting ροkεmσπ ι usεd ωαs Stυπfisκ.

Jazz14456_Plebeian

Expect Epic: CB
Eelektross. I had to use it for a non-standard OU tourney (you are given a five letter word, have to make a team with pokes starting with the letters from the word, plus any poke of your choosing), and it was by far my LVP. I had thought it would at least be OK, considering in the TCG its pretty darn awesome.

DCFan

The Flame Jacobite
Patrat..I would describe the Pokemon in one word..Bland

Blazikener

Generation Equality
Thε mσst dissαροιπting ροkεmσπ ι usεd ωαs Stυπfisκ.

...implying you had some expectations for Stunfisk besides it being terrible.

kemal07

Swoobat disappointed me... I'm excited to train a cofagrigus in my main team of Pokemon in BW2... but I get the sense it will also dissapoint me : D

EmeraldPhoenix

Shiny Hunter
It's funny because about 1/3 of the Pokemon mentioned so far are Pokemon ie used in play troughs of my own and they have been fantastic.

Zebstrika, Beartic and samurott are half of my main team on white and as much as I didn't want to evolve dewott, I'm glad I did because he's a powerhouse on my team. Oh, I also used a swoon at on that team until very recently. I got it up to about lvl 60 and got tired of it, but it was solid through the story.

Pokemon I had trouble with were liepard, the monkeys ( not because of evolving early, but because I always had something that outclassed it.) and currently, Zorua. I'm raising one in my black right now and it's just so fragile. Can't wait til it evolves in a few more levels and improves a little.

Also, darumakkas special attack makes me so sad. I had no idea a pokemons sp atk could be so abysmal from such a powerful Pokemon. I gave it flamethrower and flame charge before trading it over and couldn't believe flame charge was outperforming flamethrower so overwhelmingly.

johno1995

Patrat/Watchog. Was hoping for another Sentret/Furret (a usable - at least IMO - regional rodent) but instead was more of a Raticate, with an ugly design, and being pretty darn useless.

The Pidove line was disappointing as well. I remember when its design came out and I was excited to see how its evolutions would turn out... And when I played the game, I was completely disappointed by them.

Zorua & Zoroark disappointed me too. I didn't see much special of those two except for their gimmick ability Illusion, which was quite fun to use, but I found their defenses much too frail and a rather dull movepool.

And not in specific Pokemon, but the overall lack of Poison-types (one of my personal favorites) was disappointing. The only pure Poison types we got were the two garbage bags... :\

Sol_Vent

Pokemon Composer
I tried to use Deerling when playing through the game. It didn't last very long, though that may be because I got it just before the Cold Storage area.

Also, in a bit of a twist, Simisear was pretty much exactly as crappy as I expected.

Warhammer

Aside from the stupid monkeys, Gigalith wasn't great because of it's tiny movepool, and Bisharp kept getting his *** handed to him by non-effective moves (he even had a defensive nature)

Primal Crusader V

Watch some MANime
At first, I thought Heatmor would suit my specific needs for an Sp. Attack sweeper. By the discovery of Volcarona, I was wrong; Heatmor's defenses and speed are terrible, which practically screams "FREE KILL" in online matches. But oh well, I'm still hooked on it's design.

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
Zebstrika. I used one early on and she totally owned Skyla and Elesa's teams but I dumped her cos she sucked in everything other than Speed and I needed more powerful Pokemon later on.

I ended up replacing her with a Gothitelle, who knows Thunderbolt just so I can still have an Electric attack on my team.

Liepard was so difficult to train, it has to wait 23 levels from evolution before it learns Night Slash. Total letdown.

And why say Sawsbuck and Samurott suck? I used both and mine were good.

Gollett is nothing but dea weight until you evolve it. It dies to everything. Golurk can handle itself, though.

Unfezant? Ok, let's take a look at this. It does NOTHING that Pidgeot can't do, but at least Pidgeot looks cool. Unfezant is just...lame.

I just did a runthrough with Emboar. He can bring the pain alright, but he's so obviously inferior to Infernape that it hurts. At least Samurott could... come to think of it, Blastoise has him beat in every department too. Betcha a large sum of money my BW2 team consists of gen I-IV pokes.

Status
Not open for further replies.