• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Most Dissapointing Pokemon You Have Used From The 5th Generation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meesey

King of the awesomes
Had a Woobat, cas the name was hilarious...it was a terrible pokemon, never again.
Was also quite disappointed in Samurott, not really sure what was wrong with it though I just didnt like it

Meesey

King of the awesomes
Braviary didn't serve me very well...

I was really looking forward to using it, but then when I got it I was a little upset with it. Just didnt hit as hard as I was expecting it would, nor could it take hits that well.

Zoroark, It can't take a hit without fainting or the health bar being in the yellow zone. Even with the use of Vitamins It still can't take a hit. Or maybe it's just me?

None.
Just none.
Well, I say that cause I used Raikou, Suicune, Reshiram, Cobalion, Celebi and Emboar in my First E4 run.
Needless to say, they were underleveled.
Still made it out though :D

EmiiLava

Joltik Queen <3
Stunfisk and Emboar. That is all.

FRUITYai

Snivy evolution line was a huge let down for me. It mainly served to be my staller with its leech seed and giga drain while I revived the rest of my team.

biomega

King of the Monsters
Palpitoad was very disappointing, I didn't even use it long enough to evolve it into seismitoad. Scolipede was a bit disappointing too. It has a fantastic design, and pretty sweet moves and stats, but unfortunately the combo of poison and bug just gave it too many weaknesses. I'm just not going to use a bug that's weak to psychic attacks. Also galvantula.

On the other hand, Emolga, Ferrothorn, Krookodile and Axew have come up huge for me!

SoulMuse

Shadow of nothing
I have several, sadly. Eleketross, for instance. It never really hit as hard as I had hoped it to, same thing with Meinshao. Zebstrika kinda fell on it's face as well. And Kyurem.....bah.

FRUITYai

During my play-through, I always have the obsession of getting all of my Pokemon to the same level; so naturally, when I got Purrloin, I had to make sure it matched the levels of the other pokemon on my team. ABSOLUTE HELL.

JynxMidnight

IV Breeder
Hmm, thinking back, I really didn't dislike any of the pokemon, but there were definitely some that were hard to handle. I really liked Purrlion's design so I tried my best to cope and try it out, though I didn't like it at first. It was, a struggle to say the least. Some pokemon that I liked I see many others didn't were Serperior and Archeops, I really never had an issue with either of these. Archeops was so strong that it rarely gave the opponent a chance to retaliate, while Serperior was an excellent Seeder and Coil just made everything that much better.

ZombifiedHorror1031

Early on in my White, I caught a Blitzle and attempted to raise it because I like the look of Zebstrika and needed an electric type. It could not take a hit at all. I know its defense is low, but jeeze. I tried for a while, then just boxed it...and I'm pretty sure I released it because I couldn't be bothered anymore. I did eventually get Zebstrika later, and still do like it.

And I know you get better Pokemon overall when you hatch them and EV train from level 1, but...no. I will not raise a Blitzle.

Last edited:

Kanethedragon

Veteran Pokegamer
Me, well, none to be honest. I barely have used my fifth gen pokemon yet other than my starters and those that I caught going through the story. All of them being useful in some way or another (to challenge gyms or just filling in the Unova dex)

biomega

King of the Monsters
The main complaint smogon had with braviary was that it was too slow to be a sweeper… I haven't tried it personally… I have found a lack of good flyers in 5th gen, though… I'm thinking I'll go with gliscor for something new, or Hydreigon since he has levitate, although we all know how well that works against haxorus with mold breaker...

StanTheStaraptor

I am agreeing with all these people saying Seismitoad. Just awful. It doesn't have the strength to take out anything, and personally I'd rather Poison Point to Poison Touch. I trained Tympole in the hopes of it becoming incredible, but no... Maybe if I had of EV trained?
Emboar is bad too. It's so sloooooow, and pretty frail. Frailty I expected in a Fire-type starter, but I was hoping for a little more speed.
Beartic has one of my favourite designs, but by level up it doesn't get enough Physical moves for type coverage, and TM options are slim.

Those three, along with Leavanny (who I adore, I think it's a 1000x better than Parasect) made up my team as I went through the game, and I really struggled with them: I also trained Munna and Tympole/Eelektrik, and they were bad too. I regret not reviving Tirtouga earlier, Carracosta is incredible (and thank god I didn't pick Archen, its ability is awful).

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Reuniclus, Vanniluxe and Unfesant, they all sucked, bad. They were either so frail they couldn't get a hit, or they had practically no power.
The one's that replced them (Musharna, Beartc and Swanna), were pokemon I originally thought would be bad, they turned out to be awesome, esp Musharna.

AceFlonne

Mediator
Reuniclus, Vanniluxe and Unfesant, they all sucked, bad. They were either so frail they couldn't get a hit, or they had practically no power.
The one's that replced them (Musharna, Beartc and Swanna), were pokemon I originally thought would be bad, they turned out to be awesome, esp Musharna.

I agree on Unfezant being horrible but Reunuculus and Vanniluxe isn't especially Reunuculus who has a good ability compared to Musharna

Purrloin sucked all around. I was patient and hung in there until it evolved, and I wish I hadn't because Liepard isn't any better. I hated Zoroark, Bisharp, Seismitoad, Mienshao, and Garbodor too.

Status
Not open for further replies.