• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Most Dissapointing Pokemon You Have Used From The 5th Generation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patri25

Liepard is the worst pokemon of 5th Gen.The stats and the ability are very bad.
I don´t like it.

Ferrin

Easily Lost
simisear isnt very tough compared to chandelure. i still let him join contests because i <3 monkeys :514: not for battles

GoggleBoy

I really need to buy a Gen 5 game!

sniperman1194

Walking Pokedex
I hated Liepard. It was like they needed a stereotypical cat/dog-like dark type pokemon to fill the bad guys' rosters, and they realized they couldn't use Mightyena like they did in Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald. So they just made a different sprite, killed its stats, and gave it the most annoying moveset ever. Fake-out, Bite, Flatter, Swagger, the works. :mad:

Silverwynde

My Sweet Guardian
In the one instance I used him, Golurk was underwhelming. I spent a TON of time leveling up Golett on Victory Road to get a Golurk before the Elite Four, and ended up not using him at all because he just didn't seem to be better than other, more economical options.
In my case, it was my Golurk who murdered the E4. I did a lot of EV training with the big guy and it helped. Brave Nature with a 29 in Attack: Riser is a killing machine.

He's now on my copy of B2; he was the very first Pokemon that I traded over.
Golett is nothing but dead weight until you evolve it. It dies to everything. Golurk can handle itself, though.
Not really. I sent one over early on in my White run and that little guy was a savior. Braver--named for his Nature--killed anything that came at him and he was the one that cleaned Elesa's clock. In Black, I couldn't hit Elesa's Emolgas thanks to Volt Switch. In White, she could only stand there as Braver slapped them around. Ah, revenge is indeed sweet.

Braver's now a level 100 Golurk. He's spoiled and I love him.
I don't get the hate for Golurk in this thread though. He has excellent typing, a good attack stat with decent defenses, and an awesome move set. Come on, he can learn FLY. He's a ghost/GROUND type, and he can learn FLY.
Thank you!

The big guy was my anchor, in all honesty. I wouldn't have beaten Ghetsis without my Golurk. Riser was an absolute murderer; all the EV training I did really helped him. He's spoiled rotten and my in-game baby.

And before anyone asks, Riser's my main flier. How fun is it to zip across the skies on the back of a ghost-bot? ;)

I thought Sawk and Throh were powerful, but they actually sucked. So back on the PC they were.
Throh sucked and sucked hard but my Sawk was a killer. I didn't want the twerp on my team until I tried to catch one and it nearly ripped my team apart. Needless to say, once I caught Hero he stayed with me and ended up a tad bit over-leveled. He kinda kicked the crud out of anything that came at him.

As to the topic at hand: I was severely disappointed in Pansear--no matter how high a level Ember was, it was KO'd in one shot by under-leveled opponents. When he hit 41, I said to heck with it and boxed him. I tried using Purrloin but it was a pack of suck and I won't train Blitzle at all. My hubby tried using one and said it outright blew chunks so I won't touch it.

I also can't use Hydreigon or Chandelure--their base forms are murder to train and I don't have the patience to stick with either one of them. You want put yourself through absolute torture? Try EV training a Deino. Ripping out wisdom teeth with a pair of pliers is less painful, believe me.

ninijatt

Half, ninja, half cat, all attitude
Woobat and Elgyem. I caught Elgyem becuase he looked aborably epic but, when I actually attempted to use him...... He didn't gain a single experience point.... Not one.... He couldn't even handle a single pokemon by himself. By the Time, I got to Brycen, I decided to put him in the box. Seriosuly, It was bad to the point that I would rather have five pokemon than hae him on the team. Wooat was worse.

henryqueue

PkMn trainer
I second Elgyem! I wanted to train a psychic type to replace Musharna for variety's sake and I kind of grew tired of him. I never even evolved him, which for me is saying something.

Blood Red Absol

AquaMilotic's Waifu
I would have to say Liepard, such a beautiful pokemon I expected it to have good speed and attack, but overall it is no good :(

Cap D. Blue

ボルトチェンジ
Hm... Unfezant, I think. Gets too many special Flying moves for a physical Pokemon. Even a Modest one I've tried in White 2 didn't work too well. (I still raised one up to level 100 in White, though...)

Also, Vanilluxe. While I love its design, its moveset is really poor. Nevertheless, I'm still gonna try to breed a good one and use it, one way or another. Because nothing strikes true terror like sentient dessert.

As much as I hate to say it, Serperior. I mean I know with Contrary they're the best grass type out there, but their movepool and overall stats are disappointing for the "serperior" name.
Still love 'em to death though, my starter and favorite pokemon of Gen 5 but I wish they had been more forgiving on the movepool.

Thankfully, a friend of mine has BW2 and is willing to tutor some better moves onto my dear Fleurdilis. So it's not as bad now. :D

kevinjohnkaisar

Ace Trainer
I've played the game thrice so far and:

Very Disappointing (i.e. - Oh God, why did I choose it?):
Serperior, Samurott, Simisage, Simisear, Simipour.

Moderately Disappointing (i.e. - If only that one thing was different): Emboar (too slow), Beartic (too slow), Hydreigon (evolves too late), Archeops (Defeatist - nuff' said), Crustle (Sp Def subpar), Eelektross (too slow).

Not Disappointing (i.e - I LOVE YOU SO MUCH, YOU AMAZING POKÉMON!): Darmanitan, Lilligant, Galvantula, Mandibuzz, Krookodile, Conkeldurr, Gothitelle.

Please excuse my caps. It's an emotional outburst. :p

Prof.Oak

Unfezant was my biggest disappointment, I don't even know why I chose him.

Zeeks

My ;181; that I caught in b2. :(. I saw a ;179; and thought it would be an amazing pokemon. (I remembered saving a ;181; in gold at the lighthouse) :(.

I haven't found a good electric pokemon yet to replace it, and I still only have 5 party members. Can't find a nice psychic that I like :(

Last edited:

Lulu_used_SunnyDay

Petal Blizzard
Liepard. I really tried my best to like this pokemon, but I didn't succeed. I mean, I'm kinda used at training pokemon with trash stats, but this thing doesn't even have a proper movepool. Screw Liepard, for this once I'm gonna go mainstream and use Zoroark XD

~Kingdom of Earth~

Sun shines through
Pansear/Simisear, the only reason I was disapponted with it was the move set it had, and it was easily reaplaced later on.

Wolveram

Vogelfänger
Firstly, I wasn't displeased with Unfezant. I like building Flying type teams, but Unfezant proved to not be better than Staraptor in Attack and Speed.

I don't really like the elemental monkeys either because they're just weaker starter Pokemon essentially. I also agree with the previous posts about Liepard being extremely weak too- bleh.

Status
Not open for further replies.