• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Most Dissapointing Pokemon You Have Used From The 5th Generation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charoshi

Charmander is best
I have yet to be disappointed in any Pokemon I've used in the 5th gen, and I've completed playthroughs with 30 different species. Not one has ever disappointed me for an instant.

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
Seismitoad was pretty disappointing to use. Probably because of its terrible nature it had, it still wasn't very good.

ladykiwi

I love tights. <3
Eh probably Samurott. Decents stats everywhere bar speed looked good in paper, but in practice was just a generic, pseudo-bulky water. As as an attacker, all roles are outclassed.

AmbipomMaster

#TeamInstinct
In my first White runthrough, my Purrloin was so bad I boxed it permanently....and Blitzle took its place.

Squiddly Dee

∈ (⊙ ⊖ ⊙) ∋
Serperior really disappointed me. Neither its movepool nor its stats are anything special.

*~Silver*~

I was disappointed with Liepard. It was actually better before it evolved. The only time Liepard comes of any use is when you're battling Physic Pokemon, and that's only because it's a Dark Type. *facepalm*

LizardonX

Banned
Serperior. As a snivy it was nowhere near as good as the one on the show and when I tried solarbeaming a darmanitan I got OHkod back.

Larry

Swoobat was one of the biggest letdown Pokemon I've used. In my previous playthrough, I would run into Swoobats and they would literally run most of my team over. I decided to use one on my next playthrough and it just didn't have that stopping power I was expecting.

EspNeon

Badge Collector
Seisimitoad. Since the line was similar to the Poliwag line, I thought it would be much like Poliwrath but better since it was Water/Ground. Well needless to say I was wrong.
I was disappointed that it couldn't even learn Ice Beam -.- I occasionally use Palpitoad but that's simply because it's cute.

Unredemption

Unfezant. Its Attack and Speed were promising, but the lack of a reliable physical STAB other than Return (or even Fly) really puts it to waste - movepool is nearly non-existent. It was eventually relegated to being my personal chauffeur.

SmeargleRocks

Reputable Trader
Panpour -_- always fainted to fast on my no matter how much I trained it

Ansem1013

4768-7457-8661
I was disappointed with Liepard. It was actually better before it evolved. The only time Liepard comes of any use is when you're battling Physic Pokemon, and that's only because it's a Dark Type. *facepalm*

I disagree, Prankster makes Liepard infuriating with the right moves. Still, it's frail and won't last too long.

I was disappointed by Heatmor. Not even DW made it better :-/

The monkeys too . . .

Andrew Shard

Shards of Fury...
I was a little dissapointed by serperior (though I LOVE IT). Serperior is the starter with lowest attack power of all and that's bad to me. It's defenses are good but not that good for a underleveled attack. Contrary will make it better (leaf storm sp. attack rise) but most of serperior's movepool is phisical :(

HRRlion

2795 4358 7025
Zekrom, it's typing is just so inferior to Reshirams sometimes

Status
Not open for further replies.