• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Most Dissapointing Pokemon You Have Used From The 5th Generation

Status
Not open for further replies.

bolter1

Swampert Trainer
Liepard, or rather Purrloin. I had picked one up while I was training for Cilin since I like Dark-types, but the thing just couldn't deal any damage. Stuck it in the PC once I was abe to catch a Roggenrola which proved much more useful.

Silverwynde

My Sweet Guardian
Yeah, I was really excited by Golurk's typing and how cool it looked before I knew anything about it. Then I saw its speed stat.
One word: tank. In fact, I made sure to get a Brave Natured Golett when I hit the Dragonspiral Tower. I knew Riser wouldn't be speedy so I decided to take the hit there.
Liepard, no contest. I was actually excited for an early Dark-type Pokémon, I didn't think it would be an awesomely strong Pokémon, but at least usable like Mightyena... Of course, I was terrible wrong.

Cofagrigus and Golurk too, I am not sure why, but I couldn't proper use them? Jellicent worked way better for me, so did Chandelure.
Oh heavens, Liepard. >.< There are no words to express the disappointment that is Liepard. Purrloin's adorable but can't stay alive. It's even worse after evolving.

I can't speak for Cofagrigus, as I've never really used a Defensive-type Ghost but Golurk worked wonders for me. I pitched a lot into Riser's Attack and filled the rest in with Defense and Sp. Defense EVs and it worked; he took down Ghetsis for me. Seriously, the big guy was a killer. If it moved and I said, "Destroy it", Riser beat it into paste. This is not an exaggeration, either.
Pansear. :/

If you fail to OHHKO a Pokemon that's 4x weak to your STAB Move, and it OHKO's you with a move you resist, there's a problem... :/ (Incinerate sucks)
Ugh. Don't go there.

I got my Pansear up to level 38, thinking things would eventually get better and they didn't. I finally Stoned thing, got a Simisear for the 'Dex and shoved it into the deepest, darkest recesses of my PC. It can stay there and rot.

Haxorus was a disappointment to me, honestly. I grabbed one via GTS that happened to be level 100, fully EV trained and perfect in Speed and Attack.

It kept getting killed by Scald and Overheat. Yeah, didn't keep that thing around after that. I ended up trading it for a shiny Golett and I have no regrets. Same story with my Hydreigon: it kept getting its butt handed to it while I was training it so I traded it off to nail a nice shiny Golurk that was on GTS. Again, no regrets on my end.

~Azurill~

Panpour and Purrloin for me. They are pretty horrible...

I tried to train a Panpour when I first bought Pokémon Black. Since I'm a water Pokémon fan I was really excited when I saw him but after I trained it for like 20 levels, I was so dissapointed... Ended up trading it for Jellicent which turned out GREAT.
I won't even say anything about Purrloin. Dear god xD

Probably Gigalith, His stats look great at first and I like Rock types, but his super low speed and terrible moveset really disappointed me.

Still not a bad pokemon, and I would of liked him a lot more if you got Earthquake much earlier in the game.

TwelvexWings

PKMN Trainer Veritas
I actually enjoyed many of the pokemon in Gen V. Of course, as many have noted, the monkeys (I had Simipour) performed poorly as the game progressed. The pokemon that disappointed me most, however, was Druddigon. I liked its design, but using it felt so cumbersome.

Serebii!

I used my Pansear at the beginning of the game and thought it was good but it really started to suck later on even after evolving it but I still like it

danburite3

Liepard, without a doubt.

Pretty disappointed by Zoroark, too. For all the hassle I went through to get it, you'd think at least it'd be able to take a hit.

Iristle

I make no sense
For me, Scolipede just didn't seem to hold up to my expectations like I was hoping - I'd really been looking forward to try it out. It just didn't put out enough damage for my liking. It probably was the way I used it or perhaps it had crappy IVs but even so it went in my PC after I finished the story and picked up a Sigilyph instead, which remains on my team today.

I actually rather enjoy the monkeys, though I think the one which held up the least for me was probably Simisear. I didn't mind Simisage and Simipour that much and they get the job done pretty well, plus they're pretty fast too!

Howie Cheeto

Probably Gigalith, His stats look great at first and I like Rock types, but his super low speed and terrible moveset really disappointed me.

Still not a bad pokemon, and I would of liked him a lot more if you got Earthquake much earlier in the game.

Yeah, I kind of expected more from Gigalith- even his defense disappointed me at times.

At first, I thought Swoobat would come in handy, but after playing a bit, there was always another Pokémon that did what it could do better in the game.

BlazeTorchic

Just A Trainer
Ugh, Purrloin was awful. I tried training one 'cause I thought it would help me beat Straiton Gym but... let's just say it didn't work out, and afterwards it was thrown into the deepest, darkest recesses of the box. Never to be seen again. The monkeys were disappointing as well. I liked their original designs, but the evolved forms were plain ugly. And also, the actual moves and stuff were so underwhelming. I think the starters are pretty fun in their first forms... I hate Emboar's design, he looks so big and bulky and ugly. Zebstrika was useful for a while but then he kinda lagged behind a bit so I dropped him. Most of the ones at the start were pretty awful, actually... :l

INeedScizor!61!

Pokéthuselah
After a third consecutive generation of a Fire/Fighting starter, I'm sad that I continued the tradition of using the Fire starter. Emboar is just... underwhelming. Also, Unfezant would've been so much better if its stats reflected all those special moves it learns leveling up.

☭Azimuth_055☣

Thou enraged?
Garbodor. I used to like it because I thought that it was strong, but when I used it in battle, its offense was very sloppy. I understand that it has quite the defence, but it doesn't stand out to my other Pokemon.

ysmr97

Unfezant. He just sucks.

*futachimaru*

Music Maker/ Dreamer
There were so many in BW

Audino - just another chansey
woobat - just another zubat
pansear/pansage/panpour - i didn't like their moveset
Lilipup - Boring design
Patrat- Just scary
Kyurem - Doesn't even look like pokemon
B/W kyurem- Very overdesigned

DarkSword39

Heehouhouhouhou!
I believe I've posted here before, but Gothitelle. It's really ugly, and it is just a plan old Psychic-Type. It's speed isn't the best, either.

Zebstrika & Flygon for me...
Flygon was not introduced in Gen 5, just to let you know.

macias

Flygon was not introduced in Gen 5, just to let you know.

Yes I'm aware of that. That was just the Pokemon that came into my mind if we're speaking of Most Dissapointing (in 5th gen Games), also thought that they were asking about ones that we were able to catch in the game, looks like I didn't read the question properly

Pookey-man

The Man of Many...
Garbador. I thought it was going to be a really bulky physical thing to fit with its stats, but it turned out to only really learn special attacks and only poison type moves.

Purrlion/Liepard- Purrloin hits horrendously weak compared to the other little pokemon in the beginning of the game, and Liepard isn't much improved except for Fake Out. It sucks because the design is a lot cooler than the other fancy cats- Glameow and Purugly.

Status
Not open for further replies.