1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Most Dissappointing Video Game of 2009

Discussion in 'Other Video Game Discussion' started by Dunsparce Man, Jan 5, 2010.

1. Dunsparce Man

Dunsparce Man King of Dunsparce

*If this is in the wrong section, please move it, because I just don't know where else to put it!*

Just any game. But by dissappointing game, I mean a game you had expectations to be good for, but when you play it , the results were dissappointing. The list of games realeased in 2009 can be found here.

Mine would be none other than... Marvel Ultimate Allience 2. I had waited such a long time for it... and to see it have so much missing and barely anything new, it dissappoints me.

2. BlitzBlast

BlitzBlast Busy with School

Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing.

So disappointing it disappoints 6 years later.

With that said, YOU'RE WINNER.

3. Charizard Champion#06

Charizard Champion#06 Spiral Warrior

I waited with very heavy anticipation for [PROTOTYPE] only to finally play it with its cruddy graphics, small boring city, frustrating near-end-game levels, and after beating it NO desire to play it again.

Resident Evil 5 was kinda a letdown but I went into that one knowing it'd never be as good as Resident Evil 4 was.

Bionic Commando. Not the XBLA Re-Armed title, the wife-arm re-imagining.
    [img139]http://static.gamesradar.com/images/mb/GamesRadar/us/Features/2009/08/SHARK%20WEEK/Stories%20Jump%20Shark/Finished/080609_jumpedshark_obs03--article_image.jpg[/img139]

4. Krake

Krake Flabebe's Kids

Deadly Creatures. The idea was good, but it was too glitchy and I personally would have wanted to play as more animals.

5. Clamps

Clamps Warning: Jokes!

Scribblenauts. Can't believe I wasted time pirating that garbage.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2010
  6. So you put the image in spoiler tags, but not that big plot spoiler that spells it out for you? Good plan of action.

I found Borderlands a bit of a letdown. I was so hyped for this game, sticking heavily to all the news, and once the game finally hit I was disappointed in many ways. Glitchy Achievements (Only really bothered my completion of the game, not factored into this, though worth noting), a fairly poor ending to what could be a good storyline, too few enemy types, maps that were just generally unlikable in many ways...I enjoyed playing it, but not as much as I was hoping I would.

7. Charizard Champion#06

Charizard Champion#06 Spiral Warrior

Pretty much, yeah. This is a most disappointing thread so there's not much of a game to spoil in the first place. I seriously can't imagine any super die-hard Bionic Commando fan getting really upset having not played the game this long after it's been out. They'd either played the game or read the reviews and passed by now, I think.
    The only reason I put the image in spoiler tags is because it's rather large, I can take it out if you like. ;D

8. Cobalt_Latios

Cobalt_Latios Well-Known Member

Plot spoilers are spoilers my friend; doesn't really matter how bad or good a game is, it's still a spoiler.

C_L

9. Electivirus

Electivirus Not really, no.

I'm gonna have to go with Tony Hawk: Ride.

10. Slick

Slick Banned

TWEWY.

No but seriously, I don't really care. Name some for me.

11. fhqwhgads

fhqwhgads _____________

Get the **** off my internet.

12. Electivirus

Electivirus Not really, no.

Oh, it's ON!

13. Slick

Slick Banned

Like Donkey Kong?

You know I'm joking fhq, I enjoyed TWEWY. Plus, the 2009 thing..

14. Ebil McClucky

Ebil McClucky DAT ***

LE1K DUD3 U T0TA11Y RU1N3D TEH GAEM FOR ME I'M G01NG T0 C0MPLA1N AB0UT 1T 0N THE 1NT3RN3T!!!!!!11111!!!!!oneelevenexclaimationmark

In all seriousness, I thought Bowser's Inside Story to be lackluster.

15. Zero Nexus

Zero Nexus Stand up, go for it

You beat me to it.

On topic, i'm not sure. I haven't played many games i haven't liked. If i had to choose at this moment in time, though, i'd have to say Scribblenauts.

16. (s.i.e)

(s.i.e) ★skydragon★

last year i played a game called: alone in the dark, inferno
    to put it short: death by glitches,

it's the result of hasty programming, i can't even drive up a small hill or sidewalk without flipping the car over or damaging it severely.

17. Dunsparce Man

Dunsparce Man King of Dunsparce

Ya, being a big NES Bionic Commando fan, seeing him with that big, ugly, bulky arm it sadens me. I might play the game, but I'm not really sure if there's any other games I like on the system it's on... what was it again?

18. Pkmn Breeder Jack

Pkmn Breeder Jack Static owns you.

Prototype for me. I bought it when I first got my PS3, and I was really psyched about it. It was fun to play, but once the novelty of running up the side of the Empire State Building with a person and throwing them wore off, I didn't find any enjoyment out of it. Some of the powers were cool, but it was altogether unpolished. The landscape was pretty boring, all powers were decent but entirely outclassed in combat by the Whipfist, and all replay value was drained because of boring challenges and lack of any method other than luck to find all the orbs around the city. Another couple months of development would have made it so much better.

19. Fenix

Fenix Tremulant

Agreed. The controls were so atrocious and the puzzles so uninteresting that I think I spent most of my time with the game in the title menu trying things.

Such a shame, really.

20. ElectiCrow

ElectiCrow Do The Tevez!

Well owning a PSP i was lucking forward to getting GTA: Chinatown Wars for it. But the way you play it sucks major balls