• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Most Dissappointing Video Game of 2009

And that's where I'll have to disagree.

Aha! I walked into that post assuming I'd get shot down if I didn't say that SS was better than BiS. While pondering that, I mulled over all that made SS so good and the same for BiS, and came up with a few things that each game had to offer. BiS's short storyline deterred me from preferring that one, however, the way they used the new abilities and hooks to the game was so great I couldn't not mention them (I'm talking how each giant Bowser sequence was completely different in battle strategy, and how even the last of abilities you learn had a lot of outside use from that one "dungeon"). On the other hand, SS had such engrossing characters, plot and battle mechanics that it made it such a great game, yet being the first in the series for it did give some weak spots that can be filled up with time.

So I ended up sitting there and thinking to myself the same thing I do every time I get the urge to play TTYD, my favorite game. Yes, I want to play it, but it's not just that I want to play the game, it's that I want to play the game for the first time again, to experience it all over again. In this case, for SS compared to BiS, yes I liked SS, but when it was all new and exciting to me, not anymore when I know what has happened and how things will go down.

So in short and for those looking for a tl;dr, I would like to change my quote on Superstar Saga being superior to Bowser's Inside Story. I have to say that I think I enjoyed Bowser's Insider Story as much as Superstar Saga, but find it to be a superior game.

Birnax

Grass pokemon Master
Final Fantasy XIII was kinda disapointing because there nothing to do except fight battles and theres no towns either.

Clamps

Warning: Jokes!
Final Fantasy XIII was kinda disapointing because there nothing to do except fight battles and theres no towns either.

This is definitely something that should be freaking spoiler tagged.

Burning Orphanage

Liscensed Pedophile
Because I don't think anyone expected much from ODST.
Scribblenauts gets my vote, too. The game had so much potential, but it was all wasted.

KrayzieBuddha

英雄豪傑
I got to say King of Fighters XII, $59.99 with no downable or any special mode. I really like when they redone the characters but the gameplay is eh... SNK trying too hard to make the like Street Fighter III 3rd Strike.

Wat.
A lot of people will disagree, but NSMBWii for me. No new worlds (except one, but its level designs are based off those of the first eight worlds), boring boss battles, very few new "tricks" in the level designs, lacking soundtrack, and (in my opinion) a mediocre co-op mode did not make it different enough from the original nsmb ds for me to like the wii version.

Cobalt_Latios

Okay, why has no one mentioned Halo 3: ODST yet?
Also Scribblenauts.
Strange, I was going to get ODST because it was different from the other Halo games. Not saying I don't like Halo, I just have an adverse preference against it (didn't stop me from buying the first one for cheap though ;), at least now I can make a proper argument in some cases.).

C_L

Burning Orphanage

Liscensed Pedophile
A lot of people will disagree, but NSMBWii for me. No new worlds (except one, but its level designs are based off those of the first eight worlds), boring boss battles, very few new "tricks" in the level designs, lacking soundtrack, and (in my opinion) a mediocre co-op mode did not make it different enough from the original nsmb ds for me to like the wii version.
New Super Mario Bros Wii was built entirely for the sake of sucking up to the nostalgia of older members of the fanbase.
While it pisses me off that they added no new content as a result, I would hardly call it a dissapointment when they were obviously catering to the idea of nostalgia from the minute the game was announced.

Clamps

While it pisses me off that they added no new content as a result, I would hardly call it a dissapointment when they were obviously catering to the idea of nostalgia from the minute the game was announced.

No new content? What the hell don't you understand about a goddamn PENGUIN SUIT.

Zazie

So 1991

No new worlds? Every single level was new as it's a new game. The boss battles were no less interesting than any other 2D mario game either from what I've seen. From what little I have played I know they have implemented some new ideas in level design as well. What were you expecting, for them to drastically shake up the Mario formula in a title clearly meant to be a throwback to the older games?

Clamps

Because ODST was awesome. Sure, it had a small lifespan, but it was a good game in it's own right.

It was a multiplayer expansion pack to Halo 3. A five hour story mode is not a game. Hell, some games have downloadable content that takes more than five hours to beat.