• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Most Dissappointing Video Game of 2009

Nixoth

Ace Trainer
id actually have to say assassins creed 2. the overall gameplay mechanics were amazing compared to the first one, but the disappointing part for me was ......atcually, i wrapped what i thought was the most disappointing part in a spoiler banner, but i guess that just deletes it, so...yeah. im not sure if id get in trouble if i just said it, so if u really want to know then pm me

Last edited:

Dunsparce Man

King of Dunsparce
You won that arguement XD
But, don't forget YOSHI!

Actually it's the same Yoshi from Super Mario World, with a longer jump is all. When you get hit, he still yells "Screw you!" In Yoshi language or whatever and leaves you to die. But the game still gives a classic Nostalgic feeling. Not as good as my favorite Mario game (SMW) but I enjoyed it greatly.

Cobalt_Latios

Metroid Zero Mission. Hard not to beat that in under an hour, impossible to take over two.
Or Metroid Fusion for that matter. Hell, most Metroid games are designed to be beaten in a relatively short time frame.

C_L

Clamps

Warning: Jokes!
Guarantee if you don't know what you're doing, it'll take a lot longer than that.

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
Not in Metroid Fusion. It's pretty linear.

Unless, I don't know, you just really suck at bosses.

Zero Mission though, that kind of got really confusing as soon as you lost your Power Suit.

Ghostmyth

Modern Warfare 2...
It was dissapointing. Here I wanted to buy a BAD game and I ended up with this masterpiece? Dang!

In all seriousness the greatest dissapointment to me was Naruto Akatsuki Rising. I got it hoping for an ultimate ninja battling style and got...a mediocre game, to say the least.

Dunsparce Man

King of Dunsparce
Guarantee if you don't know what you're doing, it'll take a lot longer than that.

No wonder I never beat any Metroid games... XD

Seems someone wrapped up my input quite nicely. BiS was a delightful game the whole time through. At the very least, I am hoping that you mean to say it simply wasn't as good as the first Mario & Luigi title. I will agree with that, at the very least.
I thought opinions mattered on the internet? MY WHOLE LIFE IS A LIE

The reason I didn't like it it that the CPU can be a real ******* at times. To this day, I can't still suck in the Dark Fawful ball thingy in the final battle.

I thought opinions mattered on the internet? MY WHOLE LIFE IS A LIE

Read my other post for more clarification on that.

The reason I didn't like it it that the CPU can be a real ******* at times. To this day, I can't still suck in the Dark Fawful ball thingy in the final battle.

Really? I found it to be easy. The Mario RPG games have actually all been notoriously easy. ;.;

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Scribblenauts. Good game for a while but then it just got boring. So much wasted potential.

Cobalt_Latios

Scribblenauts. Good game for a while but then it just got boring. So much wasted potential.
It's technically supposed to be a toy... but, YMMV.

C_L

Dunsparce Man

King of Dunsparce
Wow, everyone keeps saying Scribblenauts. I have to go watch a review to see for myself. It can't be that bad can it? Wait what am I saying, of course it can be. Also, were any Starfox games released this year? I forgot if there were, and Starfox is like one of my favorite game series.

jtd

Crash of the Titans. Don't get it.

Prinplup

Super, super =D
I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here
If the trials were this hard in real life, the series would have died a long time ago.

Slick

Banned
Wow, everyone keeps saying Scribblenauts. I have to go watch a review to see for myself. It can't be that bad can it? Wait what am I saying, of course it can be. Also, were any Starfox games released this year? I forgot if there were, and Starfox is like one of my favorite game series.

Brilliant idea, poor execution. It's basically "summon wings, summon cthulhu, beat game."

Archie67

I was very disappointed with Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 as well. I had it for the Wii, and was really shocked when the sequel was so much worse than the original. The first one is my favorite Wii game, too.

Willow's Tara

The Bewitched
Scribblenauts for me, I had people telling me this was a good game and that you should try it, it's fun so I thought okay I will..

Ten minutes of playing it, I placed it down and haven't played it again, not as good as some people on the SPP chat told me. Luckily my Mum bought it as a Christmas gift, although not good for her.