• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Most Disturbing Animes V2

Icosahedron

レミオロメン♪
I change my mind!

I'm going with Kanokon. The main character gets raped every single episode. Not only that, he looks adorable. Plus one of the girls who constantly rapes him looks like an 11 year old.

I've seen animé characters look young but Kanokon takes it a bit too far when it comes to this.

You are definitely right there. Kouta (the male lead) looks like an elementary school student. Seriously.

For me though, it has to be Now and Then, Here and There, which describes a futuristic earth where water is scarce, humans will do anything to survive, and children are enlisted in an army headed by a madman who shows no mercy to anyone. It's incredibly disturbing in every meaning of the word. But surprisingly, it is an excellent watch, because it was meant to be disturbing in order to make a point and teach a lesson. Still, I couldn't really stand a lot of the stuff that happens in it, especially since it all happens to children...

And it's technically not an anime yet (although the pilot is going to be released next month), but I have to mention Mirai Nikki (aka Future Diary). Yandere anyone? As you can imagine, there is BLOOD. Buckets and buckets of it. And sex too, although mainly blood. Pretty sure at least half the cast is crazy.

Oh and I dropped School Days completely when I read about the bad end. *shudders* xD

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Fullmetal Alchemist. The episode "Reunion of the Fallen". I first watched that when I was 13 and it scared me shitless. To this day I avoid watching it.

I remember seeing it once and it didn't seem all that bad. Some of the other episodes are pretty creepy though since Fullmetal Alchemist deals with a lot of death and stuff relating to it. It's just a sad anime sometimes.

For me though, it has to be Now and Then, Here and There. It's incredibly disturbing in every meaning of the word. But surprisingly, it is an excellent watch, because it was meant to be disturbing in order to make a point and teach a lesson. Still, I couldn't really stand a lot of the stuff that happens in it, especially since it all happens to children...

I remember watching Now and Then, Here and There once, just the first few episodes. It seemed like an ok anime series. Nothing too disturbing or bad about it. Does all the creepy stuff happen towards the end or something?

ForeverFlame

You are definitely right there. Kouta (the male lead) looks like an elementary school student. Seriously.

For me though, it has to be Now and Then, Here and There, which describes a futuristic earth where water is scarce, humans will do anything to survive, and children are enlisted in an army headed by a madman who shows no mercy to anyone. It's incredibly disturbing in every meaning of the word. But surprisingly, it is an excellent watch, because it was meant to be disturbing in order to make a point and teach a lesson. Still, I couldn't really stand a lot of the stuff that happens in it, especially since it all happens to children...

And it's technically not an anime yet (although the pilot is going to be released next month), but I have to mention Mirai Nikki (aka Future Diary). Yandere anyone? As you can imagine, there is BLOOD. Buckets and buckets of it. And sex too, although mainly blood. Pretty sure at least half the cast is crazy.

Oh and I dropped School Days completely when I read about the bad end. *shudders* xD

I agree with Mirai Nikki. It took like fifty chapters for the hero to realize that his love interest was a psychopathic yandere axe murderer. "Yuno, you're crazy!". Understatement much?

The chick's grand scheme is to become God so she can repeat time Higurashi-style and kill everyone all over again. Just so that she can be with the hero forever. What the hell?

Jb

Tsun in the streets
I agree with Mirai Nikki. It took like fifty chapters for the hero to realize that his love interest was a psychopathic yandere axe murderer. "Yuno, you're crazy!". Understatement much?

The chick's grand scheme is to become God so she can repeat time Higurashi-style and kill everyone all over again. Just so that she can be with the hero forever. What the hell?

Anything with Higurashi like likeness is a win.

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper
Serial Experiments Lain is incredibly disturbing when looked at from a philosophical standpoint. And even from a different standpoint, it's kind of messed up. Nekojiru Gekijou is another messed up one.

I disagree with what you said about Serial Experiements Lain. I mean, it is disturbing, in fact, I was going to mention it myself. But the overall philosophy was actually pretty positive about things.

Anyway, there was this anime I watched on Crunchyroll before it went legit. I forget what it was called... but it was about this guy who's from a family of demon hunters, and he falls in love with this demon woman... and her transformation looks really weird to begin with, but it starts off as a fairly normal love story. Then there's all this crap about this guy trying to turn everyone into demons, and the climax was downright hallucinogenic. It got to me.

But things like Higurashi really don't bother me. I'd heard so much about how violent it was, but when I actually saw it, I was like, that's it? I'm on Umineko now, it's about the same as far as that goes.

WynautQueen

Pokemon Caretaker
Lol what on Earth was that? It wasn't too disturbing, just really really random and maybe even funny. And here I thought that Naruto was a ridiculously overcomplicated anime, this stuff makes it seem totally straight-forward :3

That isn't the official dub of Utena, but just the animation is weird enough. I didn't want to link to an actual posting of the episode. In that same episode the girl who turns into a cow dreams about being sold to the butcher like a cow by her older brother (while still looking like a girl) while Donna Donna, a Yiddish song about the Holocaust plays, and her dream ends with a view of the brother eating a steak. And this episode is considered one of the comic relief episodes.

No, there are genuinely creepy moments in the series as well, but just as many moments that leave your brain oozing out your ears for how weird they are.

Icosahedron

レミオロメン♪
I remember watching Now and Then, Here and There once, just the first few episodes. It seemed like an ok anime series. Nothing too disturbing or bad about it. Does all the creepy stuff happen towards the end or something?

Yeah, it gets pretty bad towards the end.

rape, torture, child/teen pregnancy (ok, MAYBE she is 16 at the MOST), children killing children in cold blood, an episode where almost half of the main characters die, and probably other things that I can't recall right now. Actually, Hamdo is pretty disturbing by himself.

But despite all that, it's one of the better darker anime out there. I'm pretty squeamish and usually stick to milder anime, so seeing this was a huge change. It's disturbing, yes, but in a way that is intended to make you think. Ehh, that's how I see it anyway. xD

I've been intending to watch Serial Experiments Lain for a while now, if only because I've read that it's somewhat similar to Dennou Coil, an anime that I vastly enjoyed but which isn't that "disturbing" at all (although some of the latter episodes are pointedly dark). Is there much blood/gore in SEL?

Last edited:

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Rank up!

rape, torture, child/teen pregnancy (ok, MAYBE she is 16 at the MOST), children killing children in cold blood, an episode where almost half of the main characters die, and probably other things that I can't recall right now.

Wow, the idea in my head has all that...

Eiken's also extremely disturbing, unless you're a pervert who thinks bigger is better. That line sums it up the entire animé pretty much.

WynautQueen

Pokemon Caretaker
Rank up!

Wow, the idea in my head has all that...

Eiken's also extremely disturbing, unless you're a pervert who thinks bigger is better. That line sums it up the entire animé pretty much.

I tend to be annoyed by anime that are mostly fanservice but never go all the way. Without an interesting plot to follow, I fail to see the point, as they often dodge deliberately between being neither interesting nor suitably tantalizing to watch.

The exception is if it's funny enough to be enjoyable anyway. Case in point, Kekko Kamen and Puni Puni Poemi.

WynautQueen

Pokemon Caretaker
Oh, speaking of Puni Puni Poemi, that was pretty disturbing... in a gross way. Really didn't like it. The whole point seemed to be to offend people, and they just threw plot and characterization out the window.

I suppose. It all depends on taste, I guess. I'm a shameless pervert, so I had immense fun watching it. But then, it's been a while and I've mellowed out since then, so it might not have aged well.

Speaking of disturbing, the final episode of Excel Saga.

Yamato-san

I own the 5th gen
I recall one site (probably TVTropes) stating that Eiken is SUPPOSED to be an over-the-top parody of a fanservice series. I have yet to watch it, so I can't judge for myself whether or not this is true.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
I recall one site (probably TVTropes) stating that Eiken is SUPPOSED to be an over-the-top parody of a fanservice series. I have yet to watch it, so I can't judge for myself whether or not this is true.

No, it's not parodying anything! It's just fan service 24/7 so much I can't explain it. The plot is so simple I can relate it's complexity to a baby's show. Also, the bust sizes in the show are too ample that I question the girls' strengths. Plus the variety of colours in the character designs doesn't work.

Funny story that happened to me the other day. I was at my local comic store looking for manga. No Ultimo, no Soul Eater so I decided to go look for Fairy Tail. I stumbled into the Es and (you get the point). I purchased my Pokémon cards and while paying, I told the guy at the cash "interesting selection you got back there." That was kind of pointless story.

Kurloz Makara

Red Death
Oh god, I made the mistake of accidently watching Eiken one night. I was waiting for Mirage of Blaze to come on on EncoreWAM, and I was flipping through the channel guide thingy for something to watch out of boredom. I come across Eiken and think "Eiken sounds like an anime name! It might be interesting!". So I flipped to the channel Eiken was on.

I was instantly traumatized from the get-go.

Large boobs, panty-flashing, "accidental" boob grabbing, you name it, but what really got me was the pink haired girl with the glasses. She looked like she was only six, but she had boobs the size of cantaloupes or something!!! I immediately changed the channel, shook my head violently, and cried. I felt like I had just been soiled by something filthy. Eiken is just.... wrong.

*cringes*

(BTW, I heard that Black Butler was disturbing. I want to see it, but.... some of the stuff I heard is just too much to take.)

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Oh god, I made the mistake of accidently watching Eiken one night. I was waiting for Mirage of Blaze to come on on EncoreWAM, and I was flipping through the channel guide thingy for something to watch out of boredom. I come across Eiken and think "Eiken sounds like an anime name! It might be interesting!". So I flipped to the channel Eiken was on.

What is with your television channels? Enough said!

I think this thread has turned entirely into a rant about how morbid Eiken is. Who would think of something like that, draw it and then manage to get it published?

Last edited:

Kurloz Makara

Red Death
What is with your television channels? Enough said!

I think this thread has turned entirely into a rant about how morbid Eiken is. Who would think of something like that, draw it and then manage to get it published?

I had Dish Network at the time. -_-; (Now I have Comcast.)

I have no idea.

(BTW, I'm fangirling over Vash in your sig! Vash FTW!)