• We're currently experiencing a minor issue with our email system preventing emails for new registrations and verifications going out. We're currently working to fix this
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Most drastic Pokemon design changes after evolution!

I understand why Remoraid turns into Octillery because Gun----> bazooka.

However, fish into octopus will never be a logical step in a direction. There are not even remote similarities in their designs.

Miniduffa

Fire Lover
I understand why Remoraid turns into Octillery because Gun----> bazooka.

However, fish into octopus will never be a logical step in a direction. There are not even remote similarities in their designs.
Why does a gnat become a moth? Why does a fish become an octopus? Why does a dove become a pheasant? Because Pokemon. :p

gamer_legend

Why does a gnat become a moth? Why does a fish become an octopus? Why does a dove become a pheasant? Because Pokemon. :p
That deserves a hug.

Actually there is one question I have
;137; ;233; ;474;

How does a Pokemon that gets banned for causing Epileptic Seizures end up looking like he suffered one himself? An inside joke there GameFreak? :p

Nukada

Kyogre Trainer
;102; --> ;103;

Seriously, I still don't get it.

Kiruria

La Melancolie Noir
;224; -> ;225;

This one makes no sense to me. A remora fish becoming an octopus!?

;349; -> ;350;

The method of evolution makes this one make sense, but still, it's a really drastic change.

;093; -> ;094;

Gastly and Haunter are both nearly weightless and hover in the air, and then all of a sudden it becomes Gengar, gains 90 pounds, and walks on the ground... yet somehow still has the Levitate ability.

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
;224; -> ;225;

This one makes no sense to me. A remora fish becoming an octopus!?
More importantly, how does an octopus evolve into the Pokemon equivalent of Santa Claus? :p

For me, it's Dewott > Samurott. It suddenly becames quadrapedal, loses it's scalchops for more realistic blades, and becomes a darker shade of blue than the previous forms.

MegaRyan

Charmeleon ---> Charizard

Always seemed drastic to me.

Tangeh

;325; --> ;326;
:562: --> :563:
:602: --> :603:

And of course, we can't forget:

:588: --> :589: and
:616: --> :617:

I mean, I get it based on the evolution method, but I constantly get those evolutionary lines mixed up...

Ray Koya

Later Losers
Kadabra into Alakazam. I mean who could believe they're related by evolution.

But being serious, I'd have to say Vibrava into Flygon and Dragonair into Dragonite are the most drastic.

Bakphoon™

Heated Fury
;126; --> ;467;

Magmortar looks disgusting. Magmar was always nice. Electivire is much better than Magmortar, too.

Rio!

Composer
;126; --> ;467;

Magmortar looks disgusting. Magmar was always nice. Electivire is much better than Magmortar, too.
;112; -> ;464;

I feel the same about Rhydon to Rhyperior. =/
Those arms/plating/tail look so weird ugh.
It's on the verge of being ridiculous, lol.

Tonguetyd

;328; --> ;329;

Ant thing with giant mouth to dragonfly thing with no resemblance...
Antlion evolving into a matured antlion. Doesn't seem very drastic to me.

;126; --> ;467;

Magmar has two flames and a bigger beak, and Magmortar is bulkier and has the cannon. How's that so different?

toad878

;263; > ;264;

Last edited:

Tepig2000

Number #1 Tepig Fan
;285; --> ;286;
;412; --> ;414;
;287; --> ;288; --> ;289;
;187; --> ;188; --> ;189;

Explain these.